Trophy thoughts?

EmperorZetta

1 hour ago, Icebrand1270 said:

Actraiser was one of the most difficult SNES games in history. I was expecting a grueling trophy list... and it has indeed shown itself.

That said, I never got to play it in my SNES days so I'll definitely try it!

I did play Actraiser on SNES and don't recall it being hard at all. Why do you think it was?

• Like 3

The game is pretty different from the SNES version so far. They added a lot of new stuff. Battling against the monster nodes using your sworded hero instead of them being sealed by the people in a circle. Real time commanding hero units to move around during monster march attacks like StarCraft ish. Picking up building materials and placing defensive towers and gates. Leveling up your heros with items? The pacing is kinda odd so far. 

Make sure you save! I just went over an hour of following near constant prompts from new discoveries, praying citizens, or defending against flying creatures without saving! Save in Sky Palace.

Edited by tranquility101

5 hours ago, EightBitArtist said:

actraiser isnt that bad. the sequel is absolutely harder. games like contra 3, zombies ate my neighbors, battletoad in battlemaniacs, both earthworm jim games and the snes star wars games are all waaayyy harder.

Please don't mention Zombies ate my Neighbours ? Still can't understand why we haven't got that on PS4 yet ?

But I agree Act Raiser wasn't half as bad as those games mentioned especially Battletoads!

On 9/24/2021 at 2:02 AM, Ranari_Kai said:

does anybody know what the special mode is? it sound like something you unlock after beating the game first.

I really liked the game as a kid on the snes and this remake looks interesting, even if the spritework is kinda ugly.

Do we have any confirmation on what Special mode is yet? 

On 9/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, jckdnll said:

It's a high score mode with a time limit for the platform sections of the game it uses your save file so your character will be at what ever lvl your at for the runs which can be done on easy,normal,hard, & devine difficulty

Are they cumulative or do you have to do each difficulty seperate?

3 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

So is the Special Mode so hard that there are so few platinums obtained?

Divine difficulty is far harder than even Hard difficulty. Enemies deal way more damage and have more health. Bosses are more aggressive and have new tricks. The timer can be tight on a few stages from my experience. It just takes practice and patience.

7 hours ago, VegaTheGreat said:

So is the Special Mode so hard that there are so few platinums obtained?

Just finished it on Hard mode and that was tough enough. Finishing on Divine is going to be a chore. So will getting 20M Points as I didn't touch that with all levels completed on hard. I'm going to go back and farm the secret area working on getting my heroes to level 20 and grinding levels for "the master" then I'll go hunt any missing scrolls in the stages and see if that will give me enough of an edge. Gonna need some boss mastery to finish Death Heim on Divine as well.

2 hours ago, HeroKillerId said:

Just finished it on Hard mode and that was tough enough. Finishing on Divine is going to be a chore. So will getting 20M Points as I didn't touch that with all levels completed on hard. I'm going to go back and farm the secret area working on getting my heroes to level 20 and grinding levels for "the master" then I'll go hunt any missing scrolls in the stages and see if that will give me enough of an edge. Gonna need some boss mastery to finish Death Heim on Divine as well.

Having 999 max HP helps a lot, especially as your heal spell heals you for 25% of your max hp.

2 hours ago, VerseEnComa said:

Oh wow, that's not too bad. Did you spread the raids across multiple areas or did you just stay in one?

The only area that gives you Master XP is the secret area map. If you set the difficulty to hard and just farm raids you go up 3 Main levels every 2 raids no matter what. If you succeed in the raid without too many mobs running you get 10 random scrolls for your heroes. If you don't do so well you will get 5. If you're looking for particular scrolls then you can go to their respective zones and farm the same way however you will not get the Master XP.

Tried Death Heim at Divine at around level 60 (got bored grinding) and yeah that's not happening yet.