Thoughts on the trophy list

TOAST13TOA5T

I'm surprised that you don't need to upgrade all of the Celestial weapons. Also, if I knew there would be trophies for but two of them, I would have guessed Lulu's and Kimahri's. I'm not surprised there isn't a trophy for opening all of the chests in the Omega Ruins, but it would have been interesting to see everyone's reaction once they realize what that entails.

There are 3 schools of thought. If you grew up in the NES/SNES days FF4 or FF6 are the best. If you came on board for the PS1 then FF7 (maybe 8) is the best. Finally there are those that think that 10 is somehow the best.

I hate 10 and think that it was where the series started to really go down hill. If you want to get into Final Fantasy start with 4 or 6 and then when you play 10 you will see what I mean.

No. Not at all.  I grew up in the NES days and the feelings that I got from playing 10 for the first time are irreplaceable.  It's not bad.  They are all good for what they are.  They should not be compared to each other, IMO.  They need to be enjoyed separately.  Works for me at least.

• Like 1

No. Not at all.  I grew up in the NES days and the feelings that I got from playing 10 for the first time are irreplaceable.  It's not bad.  They are all good for what they are.  They should not be compared to each other, IMO.  They need to be enjoyed separately.  Works for me at least.

But from a story telling perspective you can compare them. There are no likeable characters in X and once X-2 came around the characters became even more insufferable (at least to me). I actually stopped playing X originally because I simply couldn't stand any of the playable characters any more and it was much later before I was able to go back and finish it.

If 4 and 6 were made today I can guarantee people would put them leagues ahead of 7 and 10. The emotional impact of Palom and Porom or Tellah's sacrifice is far greater than something like Aerith getting stabbed from behind but when I ask most FF fans (who cite Aerith death as the saddest moment in gaming :| ) they have never even played 4. The thing is those games were able to resonate with gamers without voice acting or HD graphics. I still find the Opera sequence to be more spetacular than any pre-rendered cut scene and the opening to 6 still gives me goosebumps.

I know it is all about preference but I think a lot of people don't considered 4 and 6 to be as good as 7 or 10 simply because they have never played them (and in the case of a lot of my cosplay friends I know this is true)

So in the end you can enjoy 10 and 10-2 because it is all personal preference but in my opinion gameplay wise they are really fun (except blitz ball that is a pile of shit) but from a story line perspective I can't understand what people see in the game.

• Like 1

Some of them seem easy as hell. But other's seem like a real pain.

Master Linguist
Find all 26 Al Bhed Primers--- I remember where some are at but not all lol

Win a blitzball tournament--- Was never good at that game.

Perfect Sphere Master

Complete the Sphere Grids for all main characters---- I'm ready for the hours of grinding for this.

Now for FF X-2 

Sphere Breaker

Win 10 times at Sphere Break--- Same was never good at this.

Sphere Hunter

Obtain all Dresspheres--- Wasn't there Dresspheres from winning the sphhere break game?

Teamwork!

Win a blitzball match

Maybe I should hook up the ps2 and play X-2 again before release in US lol

Edited by chuckyjugg

But from a story telling perspective you can compare them. There are no likeable characters in X and once X-2 came around the characters became even more insufferable (at least to me). I actually stopped playing X originally because I simply couldn't stand any of the playable characters any more and it was much later before I was able to go back and finish it.

1.) If 4 and 6 were made today I can guarantee people would put them leagues ahead of 7 and 10. The emotional impact of Palom and Porom or Tellah's sacrifice is far greater than something like Aerith getting stabbed from behind but when I ask most FF fans (who cite Aerith death as the saddest moment in gaming  :| ) they have never even played 4. The thing is those games were able to resonate with gamers without voice acting or HD graphics. I still find the Opera sequence to be more spetacular than any pre-rendered cut scene and the opening to 6 still gives me goosebumps.

2.) I know it is all about preference but I think a lot of people don't considered 4 and 6 to be as good as 7 or 10 simply because they have never played them (and in the case of a lot of my cosplay friends I know this is true)

3.) So in the end you can enjoy 10 and 10-2 because it is all personal preference but in my opinion gameplay wise they are really fun (except blitz ball that is a pile of shit) but from a story line perspective I can't understand what people see in the game.

1.) That's awesome that the game touched you on that level.  I wish I would have gotten some kind of feeling from the game.  

2.) Personal preference or opinions are just that.  I know man...costards are so dumb.  I dressed up with a friend as Biggs and Wedge (from FF7)  walked into a FINAL FANTASY photo shoot and not a single soul recognized us.  Most of them were advent children stupids I suppose. 

3.) Blitzball was the shit!  You must not have had a good grasp of the game or a good team.  I loved that minigame to death. (again, personal preference/opinion)

But yeah, I understand your points.  :)

• Like 2

1.) That's awesome that the game touched you on that level.  I wish I would have gotten some kind of feeling from the game.  

2.) Personal preference or opinions are just that.  I know man...costards are so dumb.  I dressed up with a friend as Biggs and Wedge (from FF7)  walked into a FINAL FANTASY photo shoot and not a single soul recognized us.  Most of them were advent children stupids I suppose. 

3.) Blitzball was the shit!  You must not have had a good grasp of the game or a good team.  I loved that minigame to death. (again, personal preference/opinion)

But yeah, I understand your points.   :)

And that is all that matters...that and 6 is the best FF game :P

• Like 2

I'm in awe of how many people don't like this mini-game. I realize it isn't for everybody, but I'm honestly surprised at how many people loath it. Blitzball is by far my favorite mini-game out of all the Final Fantasies I've played and it's so easy to dominate with the right team. Makes me wonder if everybody were to give it a second chance with Brother as center would they still hate blitzball. Brother, Tidus and Wakka dominate. Most games were one sided and the biggest challenge was learning the different shots which only made the games even more one sided.

FFX has been the most memorable out of the series for me and my personal favorite ps2 game. The more we discuss it, the more I want to play it again. :D

I dumped so many hours into FFX and yet it's been so long that I don't remember a lot of it. Blitzball is the one thing that stands out in my mind though. Loved it!

• Like 2

So I've never played this before. When I was younger, I didn't have any game systems or anything but my cousin had a PS2 and this game. I remember going straight to his house everyday he would play it and watching it as he played. I don't remember most of what happened and I can't put my input on the story list much but I know that I loved watching it and will love playing it on my Vita all day long. I just really wish there were separate platinums. 

This, sooo much. I understand people compare a new Final Fantasy with earlier versions but it's just not quite fair. Like FF XIII got absolutely butchered by fanboys... it was ridiculous.

Was it as good as earlier FF's? No... Was it a super awesome game? also no... Was it an enjoyable game in it's own right? definitely! People also were completely upset the game "only" took 50-60 hours to finish which is supposedly outrageous... 50-60 hours is pretty much 2-3 times as much as most blockbuster games these days.

Anyway, for me personally I didn't like X/2 but FF X is one of my favorite ever games.

• Like 1

I like the trophies on this game and the icons look so beautiful to boot. It will definitely give me a lot of playtime which is what I like in a game and the only thing I'll be dreading over will be the 200 lightning strikes since I remember how much a pain they were back on my PS2, I don't think I managed to get 200 that time as a kid but now I'll give it a shot as a man lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the trophy list actually, I was scared they would make it too easy.

Anyway I thought the the plat would end up at 3-4 rarity. How did so many people get the plat already?

It took me like 200 hours to do everything on that list on my PS2, well actually I didn't get Kimharis weapon. Damn you buttlerflies! :S

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so excited for this game: I was pulling for a X remake over a VII.

The trophy list is fine, the only problem with it is all the trophies are related to stuff I had already done in the original game, so there's nothing that asks me to do something new or something that maybe I missed on the PS2.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So far it's awesome, and as I recall in 2001 all can be obtained in one enjoyable playthrough. Just 4 albed diaries are missible and they're not that hard to find.

I'm currently crying in how beautiful this game was and still today one of the best games of all time.

Im pretty sure that anima is also missable aswell due to the destruction sphere in the temple where you obtain bahamut can be missed, so there may be a couple of trophies that will be missable, but you have to be stupid to miss it :D

Im pretty sure that anima is also missable aswell due to the destruction sphere in the temple where you obtain bahamut can be missed, so there may be a couple of trophies that will be missable, but you have to be stupid to miss it :D

I forgot about that one, I remember Anima is within a temple when we get the airship, thanks for reminding.