Thoughts on the trophy list

TOAST13TOA5T

I 100% the game twice back on ps2 so it should be a easy plat.

as for the blitzball trophies, your starting team are good enough to get the trophies.

can't wait to play blitzball on my vita. I'm glad I forgot who the best endgame blitz characters were since it got crazy easy once I got the right characters. I remember I scored nonstop from half sphere.

Was hoping for defeat penance (without zanmato)

If you are able to get the trophy using zanmato it should be a bronze - my grandma could beat penance using yojimbo! I will be doing it the proper way as I never actually did manage to beat penance properly.

Also thought there would be one for defeating omega, not looking forward to the 200 bolts either. Can't wait for the game though, MGSV comes out a day before too jeez.

Not gonna lie, I'll be using Yojimbo for Penance. I've already bested Penance once (w/o Yojimbo) on my PS2 save, I have absolutely zero desire to sink in the time required to do that again on top of everything else.

All in all an unsurprising trophy list, shouldn't be too hard; as with most JRPG's simply time consuming.

first and foremost.. lol at this:

7Lf23685.png

Heartstrings 

View the "Underwater Date" scene.

Really? Underwater Date?

beware of reading the next part.. it's full of emotions... esp negative ones ^_^

the thoughts:

hmmm.. it seems that there are only 2 missable trophies...

the likes:

I'm so glad that the version will be the International Version.. didn't play the IV in PS2 days therefore I'm thrilled to battle Penance... ^_^ will try not to use Yojimbo though...

the disikes:

-I'm somehow disappointed not seeing a trophy for defeating all the monster in Monster Arena

-really??? the only reward for avoiding 200 lightning is a bronze trophy? I thought it deserves a gold trohpy :P

-8(correct me If I'm wrong) story related trophies? 0.o I expected it to be at least 10 o.O

-3 bronze trophies for obtaining 3 optional Aeons and 1 additional silver trophy for obtaining all of Yuna's Aeons??? too much Yuna love??? o.O not even a single trophy for Auron or Lulu o.O

Edited by jeieem

I actually beat the 200 lighting bolt challenge once in my playthrough (hadn't done since then b/c there was no need to do it again)

But it looks like I'll have a good excuse to do it again.

I don't think I even gotten to Penance :hmm:

Once you win your first Blitzball game,you're going to be hooked :D

Any word on there going to be a game guide for this?

I'm guessing it'll take me at least 200 hours to plat

Considering you have to win 100 Blitz Ball games + Max out the sphere grids on each character + some other random crap I reckon that wouldn't be too far away from the truth.

If you're looking for a quick plat this definitely won't be the game to do it. The game is awesome enough to get without caring about the trophies tho.

• Like 1

Considering you have to win 100 Blitz Ball games + Max out the sphere grids on each character + some other random crap I reckon that wouldn't be too far away from the truth.

If you're looking for a quick plat this definitely won't be the game to do it. The game is awesome enough to get without caring about the trophies tho.

Yeah i played ffx and x-2 on the ps2. After 100 or so hours i still hadn't maxed out 1 character.

I just want the game. A friend of mine told me that X was one of her favorite FF games. To tell you the truth, I've never played a single FF game in my life. This'll be my first. :)

By the sounds of it, they won't be easy or fast plats, but I'll worry about that later. I try to just play good games first, then worry about completion later.

What I do find upseting though is that the Vita version is priced the same as the PS3 version and it's not limited edition. I intend to get it for Vita.

I just want the game. A friend of mine told me that X was one of her favorite FF games. To tell you the truth, I've never played a single FF game in my life. This'll be my first. :)

By the sounds of it, they won't be easy or fast plats, but I'll worry about that later. I try to just play good games first, then worry about completion later.

What I do find upseting though is that the Vita version is priced the same as the PS3 version and it's not limited edition. I intend to get it for Vita.

There are 3 schools of thought. If you grew up in the NES/SNES days FF4 or FF6 are the best. If you came on board for the PS1 then FF7 (maybe 8) is the best. Finally there are those that think that 10 is somehow the best.

I hate 10 and think that it was where the series started to really go down hill. If you want to get into Final Fantasy start with 4 or 6 and then when you play 10 you will see what I mean.

damn you really missed out

if you do like it, you should really go back and play VI - IX at some point

I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I hate Blitzball.  I suppose it's because I don't like sports/sports games in general.  Blitzball was actually the reason I stopped playing this game.  There's one part in which you're forced to win a game or else you can't continue and I find it really hard to win at a game I simply don't enjoy.  I wanted to give the game a second try once I learned that only the first blitzball game is mandatory, but my disc got busted, so I haven't touched it again.

As a FF game, though, it's not bad, at least up until the part I played it.  FFVI is still my favorite, though, and I doubt anything is going to change that.

• Like 1

I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion, but I hate Blitzball.  I suppose it's because I don't like sports/sports games in general.  Blitzball was actually the reason I stopped playing this game.  There's one part in which you're forced to win a game or else you can't continue and I find it really hard to win at a game I simply don't enjoy.  I wanted to give the game a second try once I learned that only the first blitzball game is mandatory, but my disc got busted, so I haven't touched it again.

As a FF game, though, it's not bad, at least up until the part I played it.  FFVI is still my favorite, though, and I doubt anything is going to change that.

IIRC you only have to play blitzball one game, which isnt too difficult to pass. Then its optional

I like it, I already did 90% of it on PS2 and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Some odd ones definitely include getting all for the blue magic because IIRC, some of them are missable as you can only get a few from bosses.

Lot's of grind trophies, I'd be surprised if anyone did this under 100~ hours. Maxing the sphere grid with everyone takes a while even with triple AP, damage to AP, and overdrive to AP.

Agreed! My most recent PS2 file was already close to what would be needed for the plat, short of maximizing three sphere grids. I was 92 hrs in, and now feel challenged to do it in under 100hrs :P

Oh yeah, I had yet to slay Nemesis.