Thoughts on the trophy list

TOAST13TOA5T

So fellow FF fans, with the trophy list on our beloved profiles site now, what do you think? I have to admit my heart sank a little when I saw the trophy for the thunder plains, I sucked at that mini game when I was younger, took bloody hours! Looking forward to maxing out the sphere grid again though, think I was one of the few that liked the change to levelling they made with that. Also Blitz Ball!!!!! I will waste hours on the Vita playing this :D let me know your thoughts!

• Like 1

I like it, I already did 90% of it on PS2 and I'm looking forward to doing it again.  Some odd ones definitely include getting all for the blue magic because IIRC, some of them are missable as you can only get a few from bosses.

Lot's of grind trophies, I'd be surprised if anyone did this under 100~ hours. Maxing the sphere grid with everyone takes a while even with triple AP, damage to AP, and overdrive to AP.

• Like 1

I've been aware of the Final Fantasy series for a long time but never played a game in it. Anyone think I should make these titles my first FF games?

In my opinion, you should. I used to replay Final Fantasy X every single year since I first bought it (of course, not completing it every time at 100% or it'd have taken a lot of time). I think you won't be disappointed by both the story and the playing system.

I was expecting the lightnings' trophy and I already know that it's gonna drive me crazy, but I can't wait to have this remaster in my hands :D

@Tenryuu, I didnt see the trophy relating to Nemesis ;_; some of those arena fights were a b*^%h!! Still remember Tonberry with his gajillion HP lol

I've been aware of the Final Fantasy series for a long time but never played a game in it. Anyone think I should make these titles my first FF games?

To be honest Killcount I've been a fan of this series since the SNES as I'm sure a lot of people are, FFX is still considered by many (with maybe the exclusion of XII) to be the last really high point of the franchise, if you like RPGs in anyway, pick it up, this one does take some getting used to and even vets of the series will have to put some big work in for the platinum but it is a really awesome game, one of my favourites in the series. X-2 is very different and slightly faster paced but still has its devoted fans, I personally liked it but it wasn't in the same league as the main titles. Overall both the games in one package, yeah jump in and see how you like it, or even pick up one of the PS1 games on PSN to try first, but this bundle is well worth it. (I tried to be as neutral as possible being a big fan and all lol)

• Like 2

Back in PS2, I got every trophy in FFX and every trophy I could in X-2 (There are some featuring International Edition content), so I'm happy about it, this list should not be a problem. Having said that, there is a MAJOR grind needed here, in both games! Super time consuming, but let's be honest, we'll enjoy every second ^^

I made the lightning-dodging thing TWICE on PS2, so I'm good lol 

• Like 1

@Tenryuu, I didnt see the trophy relating to Nemesis ;_; some of those arena fights were a b*^%h!! Still remember Tonberry with his gajillion HP lol

To be honest Killcount I've been a fan of this series since the SNES as I'm sure a lot of people are, FFX is still considered by many (with maybe the exclusion of XII) to be the last really high point of the franchise, if you like RPGs in anyway, pick it up, this one does take some getting used to and even vets of the series will have to put some big work in for the platinum but it is a really awesome game, one of my favourites in the series. X-2 is very different and slightly faster paced but still has its devoted fans, I personally liked it but it wasn't in the same league as the main titles. Overall both the games in one package, yeah jump in and see how you like it, or even pick up one of the PS1 games on PSN to try first, but this bundle is well worth it. (I tried to be as neutral as possible being a big fan and all lol)

Here's the trophy for beating Nemesis

Overcoming the Nemesis

Defeat Nemesis

I've done most of that stuff on the PS2 and I'm really excited to do it all over again when I get my copy!  200 lightning bolts wasn't that bad once you get the rhythm down :P

EDIT: I remember X-2 being a really precise path to get the 100% like with the PR missions and such.  It's kind of a pain actually since one mistake could cost you.  Did it on the PS2 so this time it shouldn't be an issue.  Great game in my opinion as most people write it off as being god-awful. 

Edited by daftprophet
  • Like 1

For those of you reading this thread looking for the list.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2358-FINAL-FANTASY-X-HD

and for related reading X-2

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2359-FINAL-FANTASY-X-2-HD

So, to me, X plat looks like about a 4 or 5 out of 10 in terms of difficulty.  Nothing too crazy.

Offtopic:

X-2 on the other hand, I had a hell of a time getting 100% game completion - I still remember it to this day.  I am unsure if any of the other trophies relate to clearing the Coliseum challenges (Like Defeat Trema or Vegnagum - I don't remember what those are) or if the Coliseum is related to the bestiary trophy - but at any rate it will be at least a 7/10 in terms of difficulty.

Both games trophy lists I am pleased with the thoughtfulness that went into them and the trophy images.  Kudos to Squeenix.  Can't wait - I'm looking forward to this more than I am XIII-3

• Like 1

The trophy for winning blitzball already lets me know i won't be platinuming this game. I remember finding that mini-game incredibly frustrating and not fun when i played it on ps2. I'll be happy with as many trophies as i'm able to obtain though. :)

Just draft Brother to your team. The rest is down hill. You can find another goalie if you like, but Brother just dominates and is really all you need. Blitzball was definitely my favorite mini game out of all the Final Fantasies that I've played.

It's been so long since I've played X. I know I did most if not all the requirements in the trophy list once already. I may grab this after a while. :D

• Like 3

Just draft Brother to your team. The rest is down hill. You can find another goalie if you like, but Brother just dominates and is really all you need. Blitzball was definitely my favorite mini game out of all the Final Fantasies that I've played.

It's been so long since I've played X. I know I did most if not all the requirements in the trophy list once already. I may grab this after a while. :D

Indeedd!  Brother was my BEAST ass center.  I used Wakka, Brother, Tidus as centers.  Kyou and Ropp as defenders.  Jamal(?) as my goalie.  I will definitely be using the same team as it was super duper good!

• Like 1