Recommend Games Like Final Fantasy Tactics

sepheroithisgod

FF Tactics is one of my favorites so I'm trying to find some games that play like it. So far I've played:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark

The Banner Saga

I thought Banner Saga was a little boring for reference so I wasn't sure about continuing the trilogy. Any others you can recommend?

Edit: Definitely adding Disgaea 1 to my list after watching a bit of gameplay. Jeanne D’Arc also looks fun.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 2

If you want something that just plays like it, and just on PS, then Disgaea is probably your best bet. It does the tactics gameplay very well. Disgaea is more of a joke game though, so it's very different from FFT overall. 

I'm not sure what consoles you have, but if you have a Switch, the Fire Emblem series is considered one of the best tactics games around.

I generally don't like tactics games, but I personally really enjoyed Stella Deus (PS2) and Project X Zone (DS).

But honestly, if you're looking for something with a similar overall experience as FFT, you're going to have a hard time finding it. FFT is a fairly unique game and it's incredibly beloved for how well it was executed. That game is 25 years old and still played and talked about to this day, despite not being available on modern consoles. That should speak volumes to it's quality. 

Are you looking for specific consoles? The tactics games I can think of

Summon Night 5 (PSP)

Summon Night 6 (PS4)

Hoshigami Ruining Blue Earth (PS1, NDS)

Growlanser Generations 2/3 (PS2)

Growlanser 4 Wayfarer of Time (PSP)

Growlanser 5 Heritage of War (PS2)

Langrisser 1 + 2 (PS4/Switch)

Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 1 and 2 (NDS, and 3DS remakes) I would highly recommend these 2 games

On 10/2/2021 at 10:21 AM, mecharobot said:

Vandal Hearts

Ogre Battle

Shining Force

off the top of m head

Shining force is a good one!  Though hard to find. I think I had #3 on 360.

Almost every game listed here I've played and ya they are great.  Found growlancer (PS2) Abit confusing with the ability unlock system 

Iirc super tactics (I'll have to check my PSN game log) is a good. Fantasy/midevil tactics title.  I've not played it much ... But it has its appeal