Which games are the hardest RPG games ever created on playstation 2&3?

MyLordD

Please don't be bias. I'm talking about game play and not the graphics or the fun. I'm talking about playing a game and you got so frustrated that you want to throw the controller into the wall or you just gave up and say F@#$ it, i'm not playing that game anymore.

This does not apply to online playing. 

These games can be either on PSN or Xbox.

Edited by MyLordD

I think Dark Soul is a Japanese game. I like Japanese games because they make some very challenging games. The difficultly on it is about 7.5 - 8.5, that's about over a 120 hours playing time. Wow.  I haven't played Dark souls before but i have read the reviews on it, however, i hope it make the top ten hardest games on PSN.

Edited by MyLordD

Carnival Island. Hands down.

I'm not joking either, games like Ninja Gaiden and Dark/Demon Souls  are meant to be hard. Gamers going into them know they are in for a challenge.

mQcyHA0q6SUyXdpJEsEp5IQ.jpg

Look at this cover, would you think you would be in for the hardest mini game achievements EVAR. Now the game isn't hard because it doesn't utilize the Move controller well, that isn't the case as it actually works very well and everything is very fluid. No it is hard because simply what they expect you to do for each game is insane. What is good about the game is it is playable (so kids can still enjoy it) but offers a real challenge so that gamers can feel proud in earning this platinum.

Seriously to all you hardcore gamers out there that have the NGS2 or SSF4 plat try this game out and tell me I am lying.

• Like 1

Seriously dude....Carnival Island??? I could have agreed with you on Ninja Gaiden especially Ninja Gaiden 3 but Carnival island, well that's your opinion. The cover looks so intimidating like it's easy to play but coming from a guy with 118 plats, i would take your word for it. Btw, Ninja Gaiden 3 is on the top ten hardest playstation games.

Jak 2??? No comment.

Zen Pinball??? *clears throat* Ok then. 

Edited by MyLordD

Seriously dude....Carnival Island??? I could have agreed with you on Ninja Gaiden especially Ninja Gaiden 3 but Carnival island, well that's your opinion. The cover looks so intimidating like it's easy to play but coming from a guy with 118 plats, i would take your word for it. Btw, Ninja Gaiden 3 is on the top ten hardest playstation games.

Here are some choice comments from the platinum difficulty thread on .org

The frog's challenges will make you suffer...

frown.gifGuys, i still have the "Hot Shot" game- the legend mission- to finish before getting the Platinum. this is where you must catch 40 balls in a row. Oh God, it's so so so difficult. confused.gif

GUYSSSSSS....i got the platinum at lastapplause.gif....oh my god it was so so so difficulthappydance.gif....thank you my lovely wife for the support & thank you all my friends. hehehebiggrin.gif

I was just excited that i finished the game. it was trully difficult in all means.smile.gif...

I'm truly impressed though! Now that I got this game, I know it's not easy! Haven't been doing it for too long, but some of these challenges are just insane. I think I will be able to do most of them if I just try for long enough, but I have a hard time believing that I ever will be able to complete them all. Congratulation dude. This is a 9/10 or 10/10 platinum for me so far, but I don't have the platinum, so I can't vote yet! wink.gif

etc.

I wrote the guide for this game and I thought I could whip out a quick guide before Christmas, Was I wrong. Some of the challenges in this game are really that difficult and anyone who has attempted the plat can attest to that. It is also why it has an ultra-rare plat at  0.66%

Don't get me wrong guys. First of all i appreciate the posts. You guys have mention some interesting and challenging games but i'm talking about games that have glitched trophies, a lot of playing hours and some frustrating game play. 

Basically i'm building a top ten list of the hardest games ever built on playstation platform. 

>Jak 2 is a very challenging game on ps2 especially the side missions.

>Cod classics good pick.

>Dr_Mayus i said i would take your word for it, with your stats, i wouldn't doubt you.

>Everybody have a right to their opinion.

Edited by MyLordD

Resistance 2 if you start now you need to score 10,000 online kills to march 2014 becouse of server closure :P Sorry didnt see the RPG in title.

Maybe we can call Borderlands an Rpg try kill Crawmerax alone! (That will hurt so much:)

Another stuff Ur-Dragon in Dragon Dogma, but i did it offline and it was 3-4 hour of pure enjoy.

About glithes small psn game RAW has 1 gold and its glithed you need to finish game with all 3 chars. When you finish your third game, trophy wont pop, you need to kill last boss with your last char abouuuuuut 30 times :/

Edited by Beliar4
  • Like 1

Carnival Island. Hands down.

I'm not joking either, games like Ninja Gaiden and Dark/Demon Souls  are meant to be hard. Gamers going into them know they are in for a challenge.

mQcyHA0q6SUyXdpJEsEp5IQ.jpg

Look at this cover, would you think you would be in for the hardest mini game achievements EVAR. Now the game isn't hard because it doesn't utilize the Move controller well, that isn't the case as it actually works very well and everything is very fluid. No it is hard because simply what they expect you to do for each game is insane. What is good about the game is it is playable (so kids can still enjoy it) but offers a real challenge so that gamers can feel proud in earning this platinum.

Seriously to all you hardcore gamers out there that have the NGS2 or SSF4 plat try this game out and tell me I am lying.

I have SSF4 platinum, I like a good challenge I'll might be willing to give this game a try. I guess we shouldn't judge a book ( or game) by its cover huh.

On topic: I think the toughest rpg on ps3 would have to be Demon's Souls. This game is unforgiving, relentless and at times will make you want to cry. Flamelurker anyone?

• Like 1

If your looking for a hard and time consuming RPG (which is what I assume you're looking for from the name of the thread) then Star Ocean: The Last Hope INTERNATIONAL is the game for u! The Plat is a 0.97 which, for a JRPG is INSANE and average play time is 300-800hrs or so depending on skill lvl of course. I just started it and I'm going for the Plat in 6 (not 4 lol) weeks or less! Gonna b a struggle me thinks!!

Edited by Wojo77
  • Like 1

If your looking for a hard and time consuming RPG (which is what I assume you're looking for from the name of the thread) then Star Ocean: The Last Hope INTERNATIONAL is the game for u! The Plat is a 0.97 which, for a JRPG is INSANE and average play time is 300-800hrs or so depending on skill lvl of course. I just started it and I'm going for the Plat in 4 weeks or less! Gonna b a struggle me thinks!!

4 weeks seems like wishful thinking to me. Nevertheless I wish you the very best of luck you'll need lots of it

• Like 1

Jak 2??? No comment.

Zen Pinball??? *clears throat* Ok then. 

Ninja gaiden 2 is an action-adventure ! and the third game is not "on the top ten hardest playstation games" because NG1 and 2 is more hard than NG3 ;)

For hardest rpg you have:

Demon's Souls

Vagrant Story

Dark souls

Odin Sphere

:)

• Like 1

Although I've not played too many RPGs on the PS3, I've heard Resonance of Fate is a pretty hard. Also not mentioned I think Disgaea 3 and 4 are pretty tough.

In any case, I would expect to see Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Star Ocean in the top 10 though.

You didn't mention if it was for Platinum or just playing story mode. Yakuza 3 is a good example, not hard game itself, but the platinum is very challenging because of mini game requirements.

• Like 1