Gaming goals 2022

TomataEighty9

Here is my update for February. Where the hell has the month gone? Still, everything is going about as good as it can be. 

90 :platinum: total (76)

88% completion (86.51%)

4,250 total trophies (3,714)

Complete 2 new games for every new addition (will be strictly enforced this time)

New additions: 5

Completed games: 11

Edited by MidnightDragon

• 4 weeks later...

So far I've met my early 2022 gaming goals

Reach 100 Platinums ✔️

Reach 8,000 overall total trophies ✔️

---------------------------------

As far as end of the year 2022 goals I would like to have 9,000 total trophies and at least 125 platinums. :>

On 1.1.2022 at 11:42 PM, TomataEighty9 said:

My goals for 2022 are:

- Platinum in Path of Exile

- Platinum in Black Desert

- All trophies in Diablo 2, except 99 hardcore (that one Will probably be a looooong one)

- All trophies in RDR2 except 70 gold medals

- Platinum in FIFA 21 (only need Div 4) - DONE!

- Platinum in Torchlight 2

- Platinum in FIFA 23 (if we get a fifa this year)

- platinum in Fifa 20 - DONE!

not crazy goals, but thats what im looking at getting done for now ?

Have knocked 2 of my goals of the list :) 

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 7:50 AM, Arophous said:

So for 2022 gaming wise I have the following goals:

- Reach 85% completion

- Reach 40 Platinums

- Platinum Fall Guys, Gran Turismo Sport, Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 2, Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2, Borderlands GOTY.

Sounds hefty but I made a good amount of progress in FG, Gran Turismo (on 22 wins / 91) and GTA V in 2021 so pretty hopeful during my evenings after work!

So far so good... well 85% and 40 plats still early days but...

- Fall Guys - Platinumed, and just in time by the sounds of it. Did enjoy getting better at the races and didn't quite take as long as I expected once in the groove.

- Gran Turismo Sport - also Platinumed, that level 50 grind though... PD need to have a look at themselves, even more so after the GT7 shenanigans.

Also had a mini goal of wiping all Online trophys off my profile by end year end, happy to say i'm currently left with 3 on Red Dead 2 (level 50, ammo creation & concurrent horses).  Got the collector role and metal detector so hoping to have these done sometime in April.

Both GT7 and soon to be Elden Ring may move into this years plats bumping out others, got ER as gift from wife a day ago, not far enough for a trophy yet apparently.

All in all, not a total write off of a year just yet :-D

I don't normally set any kind of goals for myself but this year I thought I could try. I went with some attainable goals: 

1) Finish Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PS3) 
2) Buy less games and finish more from backlog 

I wrote these down onto my Backloggery page to remind me as it's a service I use pretty much daily. 

I'm on good track with the goals already as I've finished more games than I've bought so far and I started a new save in Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood last weekend (old save was from 2012) with the intention to finish at least the main story of the game. One thing I suspect may throw a wrench into the works is the looming Nintendo 3DS and Wii U eShop closure that's likely to make me purchase multiple games within a short time frame.

Edited by Eyjabria
  • Like 1

Made a few gaming goals for myself this year.  Going to be a busy year outside of gaming so I tried not to get too crazy with it lol.

500 :platinum: (Currently at 434)

16,000 trophies (Currently at 14,246)

80% completion (Currently at 78.26%)

Bring the completed/played ratio down to a difference of at least 200 (currently 407/638, goal example 438/638 or better)

Get PS4 backlog down to at least 50 (Currently ~120, around 30 of which have at least been started and are in various stages of completion)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2022 at 0:43 PM, Mizz said:

get 2 star ocean last hope plats (ps3,ps4)

clean up my hidden games :) 

Finished my goals I only have one game hidden now. My new goals will be: :) 

75platinums

grand turismo 6 plat

Guitar Hero Van Halen plat

rocksmith plat

greenday rockband plat

lego rockband plat 

• Like 2

Just realized I never posted my update for April (though I had it typed out), so will be doing both April and May here.

April

90 :platinum: total (81)
88% completion (86.56%)
4,250 total trophies (3,891)
Complete 2 new games for every new addition
New additions: 12
Completed games: 22

May 

90 :platinum: total (82) 

88% completion (86.83%)

4,250 total trophies (3,939)

New additions: 16

Completed games: 25

While I platted Unpacking on June 1, decided to count it in the stats because it wasn't long after midnight and did all but the last two trophies in May. Yeah, my buy/complete ratio is still off...still time to right the ship!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Here's my update for the month of June.

90 (P) total (83)  

88% completion (86.54%)

4,250 total trophies (4,000)

New additions: 19

Completed games: 27

Try to ignore my lopsided backlog numbers. Overall the month went pretty well, I think.

• Like 1

On 03/01/2022 at 7:50 AM, Arophous said:

So for 2022 gaming wise I have the following goals:

- Reach 85% completion

- Reach 40 Platinums

- Platinum Fall Guys, Gran Turismo Sport, Final Fantasy X, Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil 2, Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption 2, Borderlands GOTY.

Sounds hefty but I made a good amount of progress in FG, Gran Turismo (on 22 wins / 91) and GTA V in 2021 so pretty hopeful during my evenings after work!

Well it’s been a busy time both gaming and RL but I’m pretty satisfied the direction I’ve been going!!

Managed to be 1 platinum away from 40, so can rest easy that will come naturally before the end of the year, most likely with Horizon Forbidden West which has taken me ages to settle into the storyline properly, I think side questing hurt my desire for main quest so I’ve been making a beeline this week and pretty sure I’m nearing the last couple of main quests - not spoiling but it’s actually a really good lore expansion on first game. 

I’m inching that completion % up, simply had to many games appear on my lap from gifts and was keen to peek at them. Should be able complete those this year though so I’m sure 85% still more than reachable!

I’m probably going to park most of the games I had intended to complete, RDR2 and GTA V would probably be much nicer on PS5 with the loading times. Still think Oct will be my resident evil binge month ?‍♂️. So replace those with Last of us 2 & Elden Ring!

Now that we're halfway through the year, I have achieved my initial goals of completing Hitman 2 and MGS: Ground Zeroes.  However, The Phantom Pain is taking longer than expected, and I still have a lot of work to do in it before it's finished - I'm currently sitting at roughly 150 hours played, and I'm only 72% done.

Once it is finally over, I'm going to relax with a couple of quick and easy games, but I'm not talking about the mountains of shovelware crap that is unfortunately plaguing the PS Store.  Hopefully I can FINALLY finish up Onimusha, and maybe try the likes of Glass Masquerade, Trine 4 and Assassin's Creed: Chronicles.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 2:31 PM, Raidou Kuzunoha XIV said:

My main goals for 2022 are:

• Complete my Wii U backlog
  • Try and finish at least 50% of my remaining PS3 backlog (which is all just PS1/PS2 classics now)
  • Unlikely to happen, but try and finish my Vita backlog (which is also just PSP games now)
  • Try and dig into my Xbox backlog a bit more, that thing gets way too neglected

How it's going so far:

• Completed Wii U backlog
  • PS3 backlog has been a slow burn, only completed about 3-4 games on it this year so far, mostly thanks to Suikoden 3 taking me 80 fucking hours (good game though). Still have 14 games left in my backlog for PS3, currently playing Alundra which feels like it's gonna be another slow burn. Hoping to at least complete another 3 games in this backlog by the end of the year.
  • Vita backlog has been going a bit better, arguably, though I did end up dropping about 3 games on it this year as they were just getting far too painful/boring to play (Ape Quest, FF4 The After Years and the 3rd Birthday). It's rare that I drop anything, but I've definitely been losing patience with games more in recent years. Really wanted to like the 3rd Birthday too but it simply feels nothing like a Parasite Eve game. I currently have 4 remaining games in my Vita backlog at the time of writing, and I don't see myself dropping any of them since they seem much more up my alley (whereas I had a bad feeling with the 3 aforementioned games from the start, but always wanted to give them a try regardless).
  • As for my Xbox, well... I've played 3 games on it this year, one of which I got from Gold a week ago and completed in one sitting (Beasts of Maravilla Island), so that's something... I guess?

I guess my only goal is to earn the platinum in MGS2.

It's been sitting for a couple of years on my profile waiting for me to start collecting these dog tags. I'm just intimidated by the number of playthroughs you have to do in order to get them. 

I don't have any gaming goals after that. I'll probably be dealing with real life problems for a long time.

I already finished my goal achieving 135 platinums in under 5 months. 

★ ✅ Achieve 135 platinums. (248)

★ ❎ Reach completionist 90%. (85%)

★ ✅ Unlock 2,000 trophies. (3,478)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Time for my gaming goals update for July.

90 :platinum: total (85)
88% completion (87.05%)

4,250 total trophies (4,115)

New additions: 21

Completed games: 34

Got a lot closer to evening out the backlog/completion ratio, which is good. I'm sure I'll hit the total trophies goal sometime in August or September and the plat goal by year's end.

• Like 1

I gave up on my original goal of 2022 to clear all E-ranks from my profile, though I did get it down from (21?) to 9. I might go back for the rest eventually.

Wasn't a goal, but for July 2022 I hit 723 trophies, surpassing the previous monthly record of 668 (September 2017). These are the only two times I've ever earned 600+ in a month.

More an inevitability than a goal, but hitting 1000 games played. Currently at 967.

I also noticed I've got at least one ultra-rare platinum/100% each month this year. I think in total I've done more UR in 2022 than any other year. I've a few more in my backlog I want to do, so seeing how many I end up with will be interesting.

Edited by Nauticus87
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i did the diablo reaper of souls platinum+dlc but then it remained with assasins creed syndicate dark souls remastered unlocked a trophie from ??dark souls remastered but my games needs a restart since i got lost alot of gamesaves should i be able to platinum the games  i have been thinking to do my disc version games and in the meanwhile a digital games but maybe i do persona 5 royal some other titles i have 

• 2 weeks later...