Trophy Thoughts?

SnowychainzBT

26 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Xbox sites imply it's a 4/10, so pretty doable for a roguelike. I'll pick it up someday, I like the look of it.

it's not a roguelike just fyi, it's more akin to Dark Souls

30 minutes ago, SnowychainzBT said:

What did you guys think about the list from Death's Door?

Game looks awesome, trophy list looks great except for "beating the game only using the umbrella". That requires a second playthrough, which I'm never a fan of.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alos88 said:

Umbrella thing might be doable on a first run, at least according to the achievement guide

Oh yeah for sure, I meant if you want to actually enjoy the game and use the different weapons etc., then you'll need to do a second playthrough. Otherwise you're severely restricting your experience with the game.

Edited by that_dude_cam_ps
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, that_dude_cam_ps said:

it's not a roguelike just fyi, it's more akin to Dark Souls

Game looks awesome, trophy list looks great except for "beating the game only using the umbrella". That requires a second playthrough, which I'm never a fan of.

The umbrella run just straight up doesn't sound fun so I'll probably just play it normally once and enjoy it.

56 minutes ago, MillennialBug said:

The wording of the Umbrella trophy makes it seem like you could still use abilities and bombs? Maybe your arrows too? As long as you don’t use anything else classed as a melee weapon?

Thats exactly the case. You can still use any non melee weapon like bombs or bow which are strong enough (upgraded) to complete the game without too much trouble. You are using the umbrella just to "recharge" your bombs/bow.

Edited by GoDBoss173
  • Like 2

On 11/19/2021 at 3:31 AM, that_dude_cam_ps said:

Oh yeah for sure, I meant if you want to actually enjoy the game and use the different weapons etc., then you'll need to do a second playthrough. Otherwise you're severely restricting your experience with the game.

It's not like a 20 hour game, so a second challenging run with an umbrella sounds fun. I'm also pretty accustomed to playing a game more than once anyway.

• 1 year later...

Time to complete: Just under 12 hours, following this walkthrough (1 playthrough).

Difficulty: about 4/10 (really more of a 3.5).

If you've already obtained the platinum for Titan Souls in the past, as I have, then you'll likely dominate this much easier sequel.

Going in, I expected that being limited to the umbrella would massively increase the challenge of combat encounters, but it really just adds tedium by extending them slightly. Keep upgrading your magic damage and attack speed stats, relying almost entirely on projectiles for offense (the Bomb seemed quite strong), and you'll probably do fine. Striking with the umbrella is mostly utilized to recharge your magic meter, although you can actually deal some worthwhile damage with it occasionally, when bosses leave themselves wide open after missing certain attacks.

By the way, the guide I used included some vague directions, which had me wandering around at times, so you might want to follow something different. Apparently, Optinoob made one, and you can't go wrong with his stuff.

Edited by StraightVege