Investing in the Future trophy with new upgrade system

DRMOGUERA

8 hours ago, MarsCollateral said:

Is it possible to get the invest in the future trophy on the digital version??

Yes but only by using the proxy server downgrade exploit to force it to down to a version before the trophy broke.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.

On 5/26/2022 at 11:48 PM, a3069namebke said:

There is a new patch. Has it changed anything?

I don't believe so.

According to the devs "I asked around, and the answer seems to be that upgrading a gear piece to PL140 or above should trigger the achievement."

However it seems like doing that doesn't actually trigger the trophy.

Apparently this game has a ton of major bugs that haven't been fixed for ages, so the odds of this actually being patched seems pretty low.

• Like 1

I just got this trophy on the PS5 using a physical copy of the game and switching the internet off. It looks like this trophy can only be unlocked using the old gear upgrade system otherwise it wouldn't have unlocked using this method. Developers overlooked this and are too busy making skins and introducing expansions to deal with this. Pretty unprofessional especially for a Marvel game.

Edited by bauer101

On 11/01/2022 at 2:25 AM, soliunasm said:

Go to this exact post.

I just

1. Backed up my save files and then deleted them off my machine.
  2. Started up Charles.
  3. Used ipconfig to find my local IP.
  4. Had my PS4 go through the steps to connect via the proxy and made sure it worked and allowed it through Charles.
    • It asks you if you want to allow it once you try to connect to it the first time. Once you do it'll let your PS4 through after that.
  5. Uninstalled the game.
  6. Stuck the disk in and allowed it to begin downloading the latest patch.
  7. Found the .json because Charles shows current incoming urls in flashing yellow.
  8. Once I found the .json I paused the patch.
  9. Followed the steps to map the remote URL to it.
  10. Deleted the patch off the PS4 and manually "Check for update" on the game.
  11. Saw the patch was 10GB indicating I did it properly.
    • It will still say the patch is 1.57 but it's not, pay attention to the filesize. Charles will also show 1.03 in the URL and it will constantly download it while the 1.57 urls will have giant red Xs on them in Charles.
  12. After 30 minutes the free trial of Charles times out and will error out your PS4 download so I closed Charles, opened it back up, and once it was up resumed downloading.
  13. The second time it timed out it just kept downloading the patch normally instead of erroring out and didn't bump it up to 1.57 so it was all gravy but I restarted Charles and paused the patch anyway just to make sure it kept denying the 1.57.
  14. Once completed I turned off the internet through settings.

After that just do the campaign until you unlock the Hulk. Mash O through every cutscene you can and rush through everything. Hulk will forcibly gain an uncommon fist equip and enough Nanites to upgrade it, it'll force you to upgrade it once, then you just kill stuff and explore for strongboxes or material boxes to break and upgrade it two more times. Took me less than two hours after getting the patch downloaded.

Just got my trophy this way.

However for me since my version is digital i had to download the 1.0 version of the game then use the charles method above to get the 1.03 update took awhile but got it done.

Absolute joke the stuff you gotta do for trophy these days. Now for the rest of trophies and plat :D

Edited by KAdamsy1

22 hours ago, bauer101 said:

I just got this trophy on the PS5 using a physical copy of the game and switching the internet off. It looks like this trophy can only be unlocked using the old gear upgrade system otherwise it wouldn't have unlocked using this method. Developers overlooked this and are too busy making skins and introducing expansions to deal with this. Pretty unprofessional especially for a Marvel game.

Thanks for the info, just bought the game. I'll play without any updates then! Or maybe I'll update once I get this trophy.

I also have the PS5 Disc version of the game and was thinking of starting it soon, stumbled across this thread. By reading lots of comments, including several in this thread, it seems like I'm "safe" to get the trophy, provided I just do NOT install the patch right? Just want to confirm this, but again, it seems based on the numerous comments, this is the case.

Also, anyone know approximately how long from game start to get this trophy? Are we talking 2-4 hours or like 15-20 hours?

33 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I also have the PS5 Disc version of the game and was thinking of starting it soon, stumbled across this thread. By reading lots of comments, including several in this thread, it seems like I'm "safe" to get the trophy, provided I just do NOT install the patch right? Just want to confirm this, but again, it seems based on the numerous comments, this is the case.

Also, anyone know approximately how long from game start to get this trophy? Are we talking 2-4 hours or like 15-20 hours?

100% safe to get it, mate. Since you're just starting it just play unpatched until you pop it and then update your game. Should take around 2 hours to get it. You will need at least a green piece of gear to upgrade, the white ones won't work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PeachyJacobs said:

100% safe to get it, mate. Since you're just starting it just play unpatched until you pop it and then update your game. Should take around 2 hours to get it. You will need at least a green piece of gear to upgrade, the white ones won't work.

Thanks a bunch! I'll get to work on it then.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PeachyJacobs said:

Do you know if it is possible to pop it on ps5 with this method and then autopop on ps4?

• Like 1

Has anyone else done this recently for PS5 disc version? I just booted the game up today and it has crashed about eight times after the "Press X to start" menu. It seems completely unplayable. Anyone else experience this?

Game is essentially 100% unplayable. And again, this is the unpatched version, but that shouldn't be an issue.

26 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

Has anyone else done this recently for PS5 disc version? I just booted the game up today and it has crashed about eight times after the "Press X to start" menu. It seems completely unplayable. Anyone else experience this?

Game is essentially 100% unplayable. And again, this is the unpatched version, but that shouldn't be an issue.

Platinum it just fine.  Worked fine last nmonth  when tryed it 

3 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Platinum it just fine.  Worked fine last nmonth  when tryed it 

I don't get why I can't even start the game then. It has crashed more than 25 times. Either I have a bad disc, or something else is going on.

7 minutes ago, Veritas7Ax said:

I don't get why I can't even start the game then. It has crashed more than 25 times. Either I have a bad disc, or something else is going on.

My money is on it being a bad or dirty disc so try cleaning it but get a replacement if it still doesn't work.

On 6/7/2022 at 7:58 PM, HuntingFever said:

My money is on it being a bad or dirty disc so try cleaning it but get a replacement if it still doesn't work.

Took a close look at the disc in the light. Can't really see a single noticeable blemish or defect. Since I took it straight from case to system, not too surprised. I uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue.

Yeah, I guess at this point I'm gonna order a new copy and hope it works better.

Edit: So after some more investigating, it seems like the game crashing might be related to the current patch? I don't see any way in which this makes logical sense when I'm trying to play the game UNPATCHED. However, I let the game install the patch, I opened it, and I was able to play it. After a few cutscenes, I quit, uninstalled, reinstalled, no patch, same issue, game crashing.

So I decided to uninstall, reinstall AGAIN (the whole ordeal being several hours at this point), and let the patch install one more time. Yet again, the game works.

I have no clue what to make of this. I'm curious if anyone very recently has had this happen, maybe in the last day or two. Maybe someone who already has this trophy wouldn't mind checking on their end? If not, no big deal. I'm just stumped.

Edit 2: Was finally able to overcome the issue. But now the game just freezes 100% of the time during the opening cutscene. So either way I'm fu*ked. I have a very high tolerance for buggy games or crashes or etc., but this is pretty annoying. I think I'm just going to have to delete the list from my profile and hope that the trophy gets fixed the normal way, but it doesn't seem extremely likely at the present time. Unless someone knows of a fix to the freezing.

Edited by Veritas7Ax

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, ahmedimran1 said:

I have the disc edition can i get this trophy? I stopped playing this game a while ago after finishing the campaign and a few mission chains. Now I'm reading the plat is unobtainable. Don't you have to install the latest patch for the game to be playable?

If you have the PS5 retail version, then you can play offline without the patch since the 1.03 Offline Mode update is hardcoded into the game but if you have the PS4 retail release, then you have to use the proxy server exploit to downgrade to v1.03 so you can play offline and get the trophy.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

23 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

If you have the PS5 retail version, then you can play offline without the patch since the 1.03 Offline Mode update is hardcoded into the game but if you have the PS4 retail release, then you have to use the proxy server exploit to downgrade to v1.03 so you can play offline and get the trophy.

I have the ps4 version. If at some point I get a ps5 can I upgrade from the ps4 version to obtain the plat or do I have to buy the ps5 disc separately?

• 3 weeks later...

So I recently had a fully upgraded piece of gear drop at the new max level 165. No Trophy. My question is does the trophy pop when all gear totals 175 with the Exotic artifact? Or does it pop when you get one gear item at 165? Or a combination of a total gear of 175 and max skill points? Or is it totally glitched? I'm on Ps4. Anyone notice what combination of gear score and skills did they have when the trophy popped for them?