PS4 battery level

Juan-putt

Hit the PS button and it should pop up a blue screen with multiple options on it. Somewhere on that screen there will be a battery meter, that is for the DS4. 

Parker

just to elaborate. hold the button down, so it pops up the adjust devices screen etc, on the bottom right of the screen youll see your name and avatar, beside that is the battery level indicator

Cool I actually didn't know that. Not that I ever bothered to look. It'll be useful someday maybe.

My PS4 controller battery life is actually really good. I must say i play all the time, and it rarely dies on me.

maybe its just my controllers then i had to get another because they both die on me at least once a day as to where my DS3 would  make it through a full day if not longer

just to elaborate. hold the button down, so it pops up the adjust devices screen etc, on the bottom right of the screen youll see your name and avatar, beside that is the battery level indicator

Hit the PS button and it should pop up a blue screen with multiple options on it. Somewhere on that screen there will be a battery meter, that is for the DS4. 

Parker

Definitely useful for me too.  I was wondering how to do this, since I've been playing ACIV for entire evenings at times, and I get worried about the battery level.  The DS3 definitely feels like it has a much better battery life.  The DS4 probably does if you turn off the light sensor thing, if you even can.  I imagine that's the main draw on the battery.

• Like 1

Regarding battery life, maybe I'm imagining things, but to me it seems to work for a long time in Battlefield 4 and not long at all in Killzone Shadow Fall. I imagine this may be because Battlefield 4 doesn't use the touchpad gestures (only using it as a button), doesn't use the speaker, and doesn't use the lightbar to change its colors, so maybe certain games like Battlefield 4 turns those features off to save battery? Not sure, just my guess, haha

Also, I'm surprised people didn't know about the battery indicator when holding the PS button since that's how it was on PS3, and I don't know if the light bar really draws that much more power, the DS3 constantly had the "player 1" red light on at all times, the light bar on the DS4 is like 3 small lights that reflect up some plastic strands onto the actual lightbar surface or something cool like that, don't see it drawing much more power, but who knows   :hmm:

Edited by BlindMango

so i just looked it up and it seems the tested battery life for the DS4 is about 7-8 hours max as to where the battery life for the DS3 ran at about 30 hours

http://www.polygon.com/a/ps4-review/controller

its about mid way through the artificial

so maybe im not crazy

This is something I felt disappoint with DS4 Controller. Cause now you need to buy either a usb extender cord or ds4 recharger.

• 2 weeks later...

i haven't encountered any battery problems with the DS4 so far. Mainly only been playing 2k14 and CoD. Is it bad to leave the controller charging throughout the night? Does it damage the controllers battery by 'overcharging'?

I'm not sure, but I think if the controller is fully charged if you leave it overnight, the USB cable will cut out the power for it, so there will be no power going into the controller. It's my prediction, but I haven't actually tried it, so I might be wrong. :|

• Like 1

maybe its just my controllers then i had to get another because they both die on me at least once a day as to where my DS3 would  make it through a full day if not longer

This for me... I have to charge mine every other day.... gets annoying when I'm used to doing it every week or 2.

i haven't encountered any battery problems with the DS4 so far. Mainly only been playing 2k14 and CoD. Is it bad to leave the controller charging throughout the night? Does it damage the controllers battery by 'overcharging'?

Nope! Not at all! You can leave it charging even overnight. that's what I mostly do.Enter Standby mode and just plug your DS4 via supplied USB.

​then the light bar will turn yellow/orange or something like that. Once it's FULL the light will automatically turn off. Giving you a hint

that charging is complete. And YES. PS4 has the ability to cut off the power when its full, to avoid over charging and ruining your battery.

same tech applied here ala Samsung phones.(Note II, III, S4) and alike.

Hope information above are of help.!

Cheers! #goodvibes  :highfive: 

Razgriz

• Like 1

Problem isn't just with me then, that's good to know!

My advice, buy a 2nd controller and whilst one is charging the gaming time won't end!

Why is the charger lead so fookin short!

You can buy a Micro USB cable from places at least up to 10 feet (about 3 meters) long.

The battery on the DS4 controller does seem to be pretty horrid. My controller was used a bit this weekend starting Friday fully charged and it gave the low battery warning about mid day Sunday and that wasn't even 12 hours total usage I don't think. The DS3 definitely lasts longer as even with heavy usage those last 1-2 weeks.

I'm hoping they release a DS4 controller with a Lithium Ion battery like you can get for the Xbox One. A single charge on that with heavy use would last me 3-4 weeks.