Bingo Bonanza 2022

Starting to build the planned list and I have some questions. I can guess some of the answers, but I'd like second views on them.

-Meant to Play Last Year: Is it meant to be taken as didn't play at all last year or can I use it as something I started, but didn't finish last year?

-In-Game Weather Effects: Do they need to have a concrete effect or can they be visuals only?

-Retro Re-release: Would the PS2 classics on PS4 be accepted? Not sure if they're counted as re-releases or only ports.

Otherwise, I would like some suggestions for the Free to Play challenge.

3 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Starting to build the planned list and I have some questions. I can guess some of the answers, but I'd like second views on them.

-Meant to Play Last Year: Is it meant to be taken as didn't play at all last year or can I use it as something I started, but didn't finish last year?

-In-Game Weather Effects: Do they need to have a concrete effect or can they be visuals only?

-Retro Re-release: Would the PS2 classics on PS4 be accepted? Not sure if they're counted as re-releases or only ports.

I'm not the authority, but my impressions are that any game you haven't finished the story equivalent in would count, that visual-only weather is fine, and that any game that originally released PS2 gen or earlier would work.

As for free to play, most of the options seem like pretty big time investments. If you ever get your hands on a PS5, Astro's Playroom would be a great choice.

• Like 2

As @Xylobe said - Astro's Playroom should work, along with The Playroom, The Playroom VR, or the PS Vita Welcome Pack.

Also, I'm not sure if it is quite in the spirit of the original intent...

...but technically, all the games in the PS Plus Collection are made free in perpetuity to everyone who gets a PS5, so could be argued to be "free-to-Play" in some loose sense...

That would be:

Batman: Arkham Knight
Battlefield 1
Bloodborne
Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Zombie Chronicles Edition)
Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Fallout 4
Final Fantasy 15
God of War
Infamous Second Son
Monster Hunter World
Mortal Kombat X
Persona 5
Ratchet and Clank
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Until Dawn

5 minutes ago, Xylobe said:

I'm not the authority, but my impressions are that any game you haven't finished the story equivalent in would count,

For this specific challenge, I would say that not playing it last year would be a requirement since it is something that you *meant* to play last year and didn't. Otherwise, it's as Xylobe said.

30 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

The "weeb" one has me worried 1f602.png 

It’s funny - you drew the same square I have that is worrying me the most - the >100,000 players one…

… that’s a remarkably small number of games as far as I can tell, and most are the kind of games that if you were at all interested, you probably played them already :hmm::hmm:

I think that one’s going to be rough to find one for!

28 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It’s funny - you drew the same square I have that is worrying me the most - the >100,000 players one…

… that’s a remarkably small number of games as far as I can tell, and most are the kind of games that if you were at all interested, you probably played them already :hmm::hmm:

I think that one’s going to be rough to find one for!

Combine multiple stacks for true number, should help.

• Like 1

Alright, I would like to join, here's the link to my generated card: https://bingobaker.com/#b8a753d581b55bdf

I did make a different looking version, with the same items, to add images and stuff like that.

Rmx4VRk.png

Time to discover some games, very specific items in here. My only concern is the horror one, not a fan of the genre.

@DrBloodmoney Do you mind recommending me a few indies for the "Recommended by a PSNP Member" item? You have a very good taste.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cruscah said:

Time to discover some games, very specific items in here. My only concern is the horror one, not a fan of the genre.

@DrBloodmoney Do you mind recommending me a few indies for the "Recommended by a PSNP Member" item? You have a very good taste.

What a nice thing to say! 

I appreciate that mate ? - it’s getting a bit late here now, but tomorrow I’ll have a wee look at your list, and try to see if I can think of any good ones that you haven’t played that might be your cup of tea ?

• Like 1

Found a list of Banned Games from around the world.  Bringing it here in hopes that it helps someone!  I also started placing titles to challenges in an attempt to keep myself organized.  Going to place it in a spoiler tag so anyone that doesn't care doesn't have to scroll for 100,000 years to get past it.  If you DO decide to take a look, you'll see that I'm using this to scratch out a lot of backlog that I started up, wasn't feeling, then tossed to the side.  I'm going to get through the storylines at a minimum to give the games a fair shot, but the intention is to 100% all of these by the end of the year.  Ready to start blacking out my card.

Spoiler
  1. Adventure Uncharted 4  I've technically already been through the story once, years ago, on the easiest mode.  In order to 100% this one, I'll obviously have to go through it on the hardest difficulty.  If I need to select a different game, I'll do so.
  2. One Word TitleAnodyne  I'm aware of the glitch compromising the ability to get more than one trophy per session.  I got annoyed, that's why I stopped the first time.
  3. Award-Winning Witcher 3  Always meant to come back to this one.  Never even took it off the console over the course of four year.  Oops.
  4. That You Can Beat In One Sitting - Dungeon Escape  If I can knock out a game in one sitting, I've bought it and played it immediately; it was probably for the dopamine.  Going to need a new one for this.
  5. With A Female Protagonist - Children of the Zodiarcs  I don't remember why I never finished this one.  I probably got side-tracked with work and forgot about it.
  6. Released In Your Birth Month Ancestors  December games are just AWFUL to track down.  Everything was March-August before I found this one.
  7. That You Meant to Play Last Year - Infamous: Second Son  I was going to play it after First Light, but, yeah, life happens.
  8. Reboot or Spiritual Successor Gauntlet  Any game my grandfather calls old is old.
  9. With Gorgeous Vistas Post Apocalyptic Mailman Simulator  Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...  At least it's pretty.
  10. Banned In A Country (Indonesia) - Far Cry 3  This one felt like a little bit of a chore, but I'm ready to get back to it.  The story wasn't too bad and I enjoyed the exploration.
  11. Spawned an Expanded Universe - I honestly don't know what game franchises there are that started as games and became movies and such.  This one has me scratching my head.  Help and suggestions are greatly appreciated.
  12. Cult Favorite  - Legend of Dragoon doesn't have any trophies, but if it somehow gets some while this challenge is ongoing, my decision is going to change.  Anywho, asked a friend for a cult classic game and his immediate response was MediEvil.  If it's not a cult classic, let me know and feel free to give me some suggestions.
  13. FREE SPACE Oceanhorn  This is going to be one of my plane/airport games for when I finally take leave.
  14. No Jump Button - Darkest Dungeon  I kept meaning to come back for this one.  Every time I decided it was time, I chickened out.  I'm doing it now.
  15. Releasing Your Inner Weeb - SAO: Lost Song  I think I got this gist of this challenge.
  16. In A Series New to You - Silent Hill 2  I know, I know, I've never played a Silent Hill game before, have I been living under a rock?  Just because I'm goth doesn't mean I consume every gory horror media thing around.  I prefer grimdark fantasy/political intrigue type of psychological horror.  A lot of horror games and movies just feel over the top to be over the top.
  17. That "Everyone" But You Has Played Minecraft  Digital LEGOs with zombies, dragons, and food.  Looking forward to it...
  18. Oldest In Your Backlog Naruto: UNS4  First game I ever popped into my PS4.  Technically, I have 7 physical Vita games that have been on my backlog for MUCH longer, going back to through my first AIT and deployment, but since I synced them without realizing how missing timestamps and internet connections worked, I'm probably never going to finish them, making this the lucky guy that gets picked.
  19. Free to Play Tera  Trying to get a couple buddies to jump in with me on this one.
  20. That Takes "Forever" to Beat - Super Meat Boy  No introductions needed, right?
  21. Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle - Crypto by POWGI  This one seems like a nice relax after work kind of game.
  22. Crafting Mechanics - Greedfall  The amount of running without purpose you have to do in this game is infuriating for such a good story and combat system.  I have been genuinely enjoying this game.  In doses, that is.
  23. Aliens or Robots - Ty 2  There's robots, mechs, and I believe a UFO.  If it needs more of a slap in the face, suggestions are welcome.
  24. By an Independent Developer Zenith  Great game, can't remember why I stopped playing.  Looking forward to actually finishing this story.
  25. Featuring a Romance or Romance Options - Bound by Flame  Every time I hit this game up I get distracted by something else.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cruscah said:

Hi @Cruscah ?

As requested - I had a little look through your list (sweet collection BTW!) with a view to a few recommendations of game you might not have tried that might be up your alley!

First off - you certainly seem to be a fan of military FPS games - that's a genre I'm not terribly well versed in, however, I do love a good FPS from time to time, so I was thinking about some of the slightly underrated ones I've enjoyed over the years. TBH most of my favourite FPS games are from the PS3 era - a few I've loved that I think are either under-played, or just notably absent from your list are:

The Darkness games (in particular The Darkness 2, which doesn't really require playing the first one to follow,)

Syndicate (which I still hold up as maybe the best FPS of that entire generation!),

The Bioshock games of course, (which have the advantage of also being re-released on PS4,)

Singularity (definitely a B-Game, but clever, cool and with some really fun mechanics.

I'd also add Prey onto that list, which is newer, and is really something very special to me - it's one of my favourite games of all time!

I noticed you played Little Nightmares - not sure your opinion on it, as you haven't platted it yet, but if you did, I can certainly say that Little Nightmares II is a really great sequel that keeps all the good stuff, and builds on it well!

I'd also ad that if you like LN, (and Inside, which you did plat,) then it is a good bet you would like Limbo too - and that opens up a whole little side track of great side-scrolling puzzle platformers, where some absolute gems of the indie scene lie! - personal recommendations would be The Swapper, Guacamelee and Guacamelee 2, the Trine games (Trine 2 is my favourite - I'd side-step Trine 3, but Trine 4 get's right back to the good stuff!) and if you are happy to go a bit more metroidvania, there is a game I always like to recommend that really hit me like a ton of bricks with how good it was - Dandara!

Salt and Sanctuary is also a really good take on that genre, with some (pretty heavy) Souls-Like influence thrown in too!

Noticed you liked Life is Strange enough to plat it twice - I can say, I loved Life is Strange, and I think all three other Life is Strange games - in particular Before the Storm and True Colours are brilliant games too! (2 is good, but quite distinct from the others, and I think on merit, it is the weakest one.)

For a few that are a little less specific in recommendation, I did notice that between such games as This War of Mine, Cat Quest, Hue, Maquette etc - to me that shows you are probably down to clown with any really great, smaller games that are just really interesting mechanically, so I would certainly heartily endorse: Observation, Gorogoa, The Touryst, Superliminal and Tachoma!

Finally, in terms of simple "you haven't played this one, and it's awesome!" - I'll just tack on some of the games I always like to recommend, as I just think they are the business, regardless of whether the person is specifically into the genre or not, so I'll just say: The Witness, Invisible Inc, Mark of the Ninja, all 4 Supergiant games (Bastion, Pyre and Transistor (also Hades... but you know that already ?!)  and really any Housemarque game (Resogun, Nex Machina, Returnal, Dead Nation, Matterfall... you really can't go wrong with Housemarque!)

Hope that helps - got to be one or two in there that appeal at least! ?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 3