Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

On 9/17/2022 at 8:00 AM, da-Noob123 said:

I didn't get as far as I would have liked in Bioshock Infinite this week but have gotten probably 40% of the way through it. Maybe I can smash it out over the weekend and start the DLC's. 

Also, on a whim I bought flow and knocked out the 100% in it. I think it is my new longest to complete game at 12 years and 6 months or so. The Cannibalism trophy was little annoying but I got in 4-5 tries adding another UR trophy to my collection. Playing through flow I remembered why Sony abandoned Sixaxis controls though I really do need to get another Dualshock 3 at some point, mine is on it's last legs.

Hell yeah! Just finished my 1999 run in Infinite and nabbed platinum #150! So glad to be done with that run and am looking forward to the 2 part Burial at Sea DLC but less so the arena Clash in the Clouds DLC - really happy this type of DLC has largely faded with time.

5 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

Week 37 STARTING PERCENTAGE 77.40%

The Evil Within 88% -> 100%

Yakuza Kiwami 0% -> 11%

Week 37 ENDING PERCENTAGE 76.82% (-0.58%)

Finished off the final Evil Within DLC to get the 100%. Although the story was *ahem* slightly lacking, it was generally good old-fashioned simple button-bashing fun. The trophy list, not so much. To get the last couple involves overcoming a gauntlet of increasingly tough waves and the final two waves were equally as tough as anything on Akumu mode. Took a fair few goes but finally managed to get through it somehow, maybe a bit more due to luck than skill in the end. I'll take that every day of the week though. Really enjoyed the game, challenging/impossible as it was at times, but I'm glad to officially have it in the rear view mirror now.

Taking a completion hit now and moving on to what is most likely going to be my last new game of the year (I plan on finally giving Dragon Age: Inquisition another chance after this, it's only been six years since my solitary trophy in it so far - and that is a LOT of hours!) and giving Kiwami a shot, my first ever venture into the Yakuza series. Still very early in, got through the first few chapters and starting to tackle the massive completion list - 4.67% of the way there so far! 

I appreciate the prevailing wisdom is to start the Yakuza series with 0 rather than Kiwami and I'd love to say something pretentious like "I'd rather play them in release order" - truth is I just didn't fancy paying for 0 when Kiwami was a Plus game a few years back and has been one of the many games sitting gathering virtual dust in my library since (part of the reason I ain't paying Sony any more money for Extra or Premium while my backlog is as hefty as it is!) 

Congrats on finishing The Evil Within!

I am stoked to hear your going to give Dragon Age Inquisition another go. The engine Bioware was forced to use to make it really doesn't complement an RPG but I really enjoyed nonetheless. (So much so I did the PS3 and PS4 list 100%) I hope this time it catches your interest. 

Keep us posted on Yakuza Zero, I had planned on playing 0-6 this year after completing Like a Dragon but got caught up in this event and Yakuza sadly got pushed to the back burner. 

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 2

Update #26

Monster Monpiece (0% -> 50%):

The next vita game. I was hesitant to start this since you need to win 100 online matches but I found out that you can do it ad hoc, so I did that. Knocked out the MP and now time to do the story. Not too far into, but I like the battle system (card deck, summon monsters onto grid, they move forward to attack enemy). I don't think I have played something like this before, so I am looking forward to it.

Broken Age (0% -> 100%):

Another Point and Click/Visual Novel. Another one I did not like. I think I need to play Steins;Gate 0 next to break this streak of garbage. xD

Fallout 76 (100% -> 97%):

Oh Fallout. Why you do this to me. I think I would be less annoyed if there were more trophies to earn instead of just three lol. Oh well. I have earned one of them. The other two are time gated or a grind. Will be finished. Eventually. Hopefully I can finish this before the month end so I don't see a decrease in games completed lol.

Final Fantasy XIV (52% -> 52%):

Triple Triad Cards 238 -> 238

Fallout got the time since new trophies to get back to 100%.

Got another story trophy with Borderlands 3. Have like 4 more to go. Once that happens, I will start going through the rest of the trophies. Shouldn't be too bad, and it is nice there are no missable trophies. Side note, I nearly my 125 milestone. I have Demon's Souls prepped to be it. I am at 122 right now, so I think Monster Monpiece will be 123. Then I will pop the POWGI trophy streak game (there's like 5 or so trophies left on that) for 124 and then Demon's Souls. This is another hopeful for this month, as it will be a really nice stat padder lol.

• Like 4

Update 36. 9/19/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 55.76%
Current PCG    55.76%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Ar nosurge Plus 4% 6%
Dysmantle 1% 2%
Phantasy Star Online 2 11% 14%

Kind of a nothing week. I've mostly been playing Ar nosurge Plus for the Fall Challenge. Making good progress, but the trophies are very back-loaded so the game's completion % is still low. .I'll probably hit the endgame tomorrow night and should get a deluge of trophies unlocking then. Also played a little more Dysmantle. Not sure if I'll stick with it right now, but I can see it being a good podcast / audio book game to chill out with in the winter.

I finished the New Genesis trophies in PSO2. I was going to check out the old PSO2, but I kept getting a "not finished installing" error when I tried to launch it. I downloaded the three "expansions" with the game data on the same day I got New Genesis, and they all showed as installed when I checked, so I don't know what the issue was. The only thing I can think of is that I originally downloaded the game to an external drive and then transferred it to the internal one. Maybe that messed something up. But the old PSO2 wouldn't launch when I moved it back to the external drive either so who knows. For now, I just deleted everything. I'll re-download it directly to the internal drive and see if that works...eventually. Not in a rush to download 100 GB again at the moment.

Plans for this week are to finish Ar nosurge Plus, which will be plat #249, and then figure out what game I want to be #250. I was thinking Monster Hunter World, but the 8 crowns I still need are all Elder Dragon ones and those could take forever to get. I want it to be a game I enjoy and could feasibly knock out in a week or two. Maybe I'll finally go back and finish FFVII Remake, or Streets of Rage 4. I'll think about it more after Wednesday.

Have a good week!

• Like 3

i going to replace my games i recently used for playing god of war 2018 i got finished the story mode a while ago so that wil be my game i actively be playing and elden ring and persona 5 royal and using 2 swaps curse of the dead gods and horizon zero dawn those are the games i wil be playing and i am 41 percent with god of war 2018 and persona 5 royal i am at 60 percent those 2 games i wil be actively be playing for the platinum trophie but men i forgot how enjoyable god of war 2018 and persona 5 royal are for to play 

Sept Update:

Bright Memory Infinite -> Platinum

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series -> Platinum

What Remains of Edith Fitch -> Platinum

Greedfall -> Platinum + 100%

The Forgotten City -> Platinum

Kaichu Kaiju Dating Sim -> Platinum 

Immortals Fenyx Rising -> Platinum (need DLC)

Total Started Games: 89

Total Completed Games: 55

Total Platinums: 62

Current PCG: 76.30%

I have so many events going on, I don't remember the last time I updated here but feels like it's been a while. Planning on doing the DLC for Toem that just came out (if the trophies don't glitch out) and possibly restarting Cyberpunk as the bf and I are getting into that Edgerunner series on Netflix; it's not bad at all. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Update 15

New Games started:

Month: 135-->138 (+3)

Year: 120--->138  (+18)

Plats Earned:

Month: 98--->98 (+0)

Year: 75--->98 (+23)

100%'s Earned:

Month: (113--->118) (+5)

Year: (87--->118) (+31)

Completion Percentage: 

Month: 87.41% --> 86.79% (-0.62%%)

Year: 78.83% --> 86.79% (+7.96%)

Goal: 85% ---- (+1.79% beyond goal)

New Stretch Goal: 90% --- (3.21% to go)

Whoops! I let over a month go since I updated! Well, I've slid back this past month as I've started 2 new games and haven't gotten terribly far into either of them. I'm still above my initial goal so I guess I'm playing with house money at this point. I'm still going to try and get up to 90% by the end of the year though. Most of this past month has been dedicated to cleaning up DLC's. On to the games!

Games I played this month:

S510a3e.pngBrothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4) 0% --> 100% (non plat game)

A wonderful little indie. I played this ages ago on PC, and since it was on sale decided to play through it again. It was a great way to spend a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.

S96ade8.pngS211768.png Bugsnax DLC 1 The Isle of Bigsnax (PS4) 97ish?% --> 100% 

Previously had the plat on this, just went back to clean up the DLC. The actual main part of the DLC (the new island) was actually pretty good, and I enjoyed it probably more than the rest of the main game itself. Two of the new trophies for the DLC (hat collecting and furnishing your home fully) were pretty tedious though. All in all, it was only an extra 2-3 hours, so pretty painless.

Sf3cece.pngS9f9404.png  Outer Wilds DLC 1 & 2 Echoes of the Eye (PS4) 82% --> 100% 

Another one I'd already got the plat, but went back for the DLC. The DLC was just as engrossing as the main game was, and parts of it even have a really spooky vibe to it. Really great stuff and I loved every minute of it. Wasn't too hard, although there is a new trophy ("Tubular!") which is on par as far as difficulty as the "Hotshot" trophy from the base game. I probably spent 3 or so hours just attempting that trophy alone until I finally got it.

S426da6.pngSac228f.png Nobody Saves the World DLC 1 Frozen Hearth (PS5) 85% --> 100% 

I really loved this game and was super excited to see that they'd released DLC for it, and it was only $5! Played through this right away and loved it. It is basically a bunch of challenges to make you get creative and use all the many skills you've amassed in the base game to complete some very clever mini-levels. I enjoyed it so much I even typed up my very first (quasi)-guide and posted it on the forums!

Sf1ba6f.pngS7814a5.png Resogun DLC 3 Challengers (PS4) 97% --> 100% 

I finally finally finally got this game finished out. Met up with a helpful person on the forums and helped each other level up to 50 which was the last thing to do. I've had that trophy out needing to be done for over a year now, and I'm super glad to finally have it completed. I never in a million years would've though I'd be able to get the 100% in this game and it's super satisfying to have done it.

S45fc98.pngS400531.png  Uncharted 4: A Thief's End DLC 1 Survival (PS4) 96% --> 100%

Well, after many many hours of practicing the Survival mode and leveling up all the way. I found myself thoroughly stuck on Survival Mode. I got to the penultimate level on Hard, but just couldn't get past it. I couldn't unlock Crushing Mode, much less beat it. Much less get 3 stars on everything. So I did what every other self respecting trophy hunter does.... I found some very kind and extraordinarily skilled people to carry me. In any case. I'm very glad to have this game finished at 100%

S0eece4.pngS2236d4.pngS3b6036.png Godfall DLC 1 & 3 Fire & Darkness and Challenger (PS5) 62% --> 77% 

I've started into Godfall's DLC. DLC 1 (Fire & Darkness) is a story based one and didn't pose a challenge at all. I still had my endgame build from when I played the originally and I basically face rolled through the DLC's story. I've dipped my toe into DLC 3 and haven't touched DLC 2 yet. So far I'm really enjoying myself. For whatever reason I really like the endgame loot and build grind of Godfall and don't really get all of the hate this game has gotten. It's one of the very few games I've put significant time into even after I popped the plat. There's really a lot of theory crafting and interesting builds to play around with. I look forward to continuing this.

S8f7263.png It Takes Two (PS4) 0% --> 14%

One of the two new games I started this past month. I am playing this with my wife here and there as we get a chance. It will probably take several months, since we don't a lot of chances to play together, but we are enjoying it a lot. I'm seeing why it got so much hype.

S1b8a08.png Kingdom Hearts II (PS4) 0% --> 2%

Here is the other reason my % tanked this last month. I'm coming up on plat #100 and want this to be it. It's one of my favorite games from my younger years. My kids like to watch me play and don't want to miss anything, so it will take a bit longer than it normally would have. This is partly why I've mainly been playing things that won't net me plat trophies (DLC's) so I can get this to land on 100.

Up Next:

- Continue Kingdom Hearts II

- Continue It Takes Two as I can

- Make my way through the rest of the Godfall DLC's

Congrats on the progress everyone and happy trophy hunting!

Amazing on the Resogun and Uncharted Trophies pal. They're both ones I have to do. 

Been looking back over my full list this weekend and feeling considerably gutted that there are some things I'll never get due to servers being closed or games no longer being available. Guess it will be what it will be.

• Like 1

Hi all, just noticed that my last update in here was from 31 May 2022, nearly five months ago (if I am not mistaken).

This is really a very long time. But since everybody enjoys not to have reading things from the self-proclaimed "Wall of Text - Master", I guess nobody did miss my writings :D.

But today I thought "Why not write something?", so here I am ?.

Since I am not much of a statistics fan and my completion rate is always around 96%, I spare you all the statistics. 

Here is a list of games I played from June 2022 until now (25. September 2022):

Spoiler

Still ongoing

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA - NA 15th September 2022    PS4  
The Last of Us Part I  8th September 2022    PS5  
Middle-earth: Shadow of War  5th September 2022    PS4  
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide 14th August 2022    PS4  
Killzone: Mercenary [All MP/online trophies done before the server shutdown] 6th August 2022    VITA  
Killzone Shadow Fall [Elite playthrough still needed for 100%] 26th July 2022 Platinum in 2 years, 5 months  PS4   

Completed in September 2022

Star Trek  25th September 2022 Platinum in 1 week, 2 days  PS3   
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North 14th September 2022 Platinum in 1 week, 2 days  PS3  
Hot Wheels Unleashed [Third DLC package] 14th September 2022 Completed in 6 months, 2 weeks  PS5   
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes: Universe in Peril  2nd September 2022  Platinum in 4 days, 3 hours  VITA   

Completed in August 2022
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Game of the Year Edition 29th August 2022 Completed in 1 week, 4 days  PS4   
LEGO Movie: The Videogame  28th August 2022  Platinum in 1 month, 1 week VITA  
LEGO The Hobbit  21st August 2022 Platinum in 1 week, 4 days  PS4   
Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 5: Rise of the Pirate God  14th August 2022 Completed in 2 hours, 5 minutes  PS3   
Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 4: The Trial and Execution of Guybrush Threepwood  13th August 2022 Completed in 1 hour, 58 minutes  PS3   
Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 3: Lair of the Leviathan  13th August 2022 Completed in 1 hour, 59 minutes  PS3   
Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 2: The Siege of Spinner Cay  13th August 2022 Completed in 8 hours, 13 seconds  PS3   
Tales of Monkey Island - Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal  12th August 2022 Completed in 2 hours, 24 minutes  PS3   
Stray  12th August 2022  Platinum in 8 hours, 16 minutes  PS5  
RIGS: Mechanized Combat League  12th August 2022 Platinum in 2 weeks, 6 hours  PS4VR   
Assassin's Creed Odyssey  10th August 2022 Completed in 1 year, 6 months  PS4   

Completed in July 2022

Killzone Shadow Fall Intercept  27th July 2022  Completed in 1 day, 2 hours  PS4   
Super Destronaut DX - EU 24th July 2022 Platinum in 29 minutes, 55 seconds  PS4   
Assassin's Creed III Liberation  19th July 2022 Platinum in 1 week, 20 hours  VITA   
Scribblenauts Showdown  17th July 2022 Platinum in 22 hours, 36 minutes  PS4   
The Pillars of the Earth  8th July 2022 Completed in 5 days, 11 hours  PS4   
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order [Autopoped with my own PS4 savefile] 7th July 2022 Platinum in 21 seconds  PS5   
The Council  2nd July 2022 Platinum in 16 hours, 47 minutes  PS4   

Completed in June 2022
A Way Out 26th June 2022 Platinum in 7 hours, 2 minutes  PS4   
グリザイア ファントムトリガー 03&04- JP 23rd June 2022 Platinum in 4 minutes, 39 seconds  VITA   
Blind Men - EU 23rd June 2022 Platinum in 23 minutes, 39 seconds  VITA   
グリザイア ファントムトリガー 01&02- JP 20th June 2022 Platinum in 5 minutes, 11 seconds  VITA   
Mochi Mochi Boy - EU 18th June 2022 Platinum in 28 minutes, 7 seconds  PS4   
Blind Men - EU 18th June 2022 Platinum in 9 minutes, 44 seconds  PS4   
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons  17th June 2022 Completed in 2 hours, 38 minutes  PS4   
It Takes Two  6th June 2022 Platinum in 1 day, 3 hours  PS5  

The most fun I've had so far this month has been with the last two PS3 games I've played:

• Star Trek
  • The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Both, by reputation, are either extremely buggy or extremely plagued by programming problems or just not playable. 
I can only report that I did not encounter any of the bugs discussed in the forums in either game.
Maybe I was just lucky, maybe people mess up their own game with their playstyle? Honestly, I do not know and everything is just speculation.
I'm definitely glad that I played through and even platinized these two games despite their poor reputations.

Have fun people and stay safe.

Edited by Geridian
Removed line break and had to fix the information within the spoiler.
  • Like 2

Update 38: September 25th

Starting Completion percentage: 93.46%

Week 1 Completion (93.56 (+0.10% From Start)

Week 2 Completion (93.62 (+0.16% From Start) (+0.06 From previous week)

Week 3 Completion (93.62 (+0.16 From Start) (No Change From previous week)

Week 4 Completion (92.96 (-0.50% From Start) (-0.66% From previous week)

Week 5 Completion (93.70 (+0.44% From Start) (+0.74 From previous week)

Week 6 Completion (93.02 (+0.56% From Start) (+0.32 From previous week)

Week 7 Completion (94.06 (+0.60% From Start) (+0.04 From previous week)

Week 8 Completion (93.75 (+0.29% From Start) (-0.31 From previous week)

Week 9 Completion (93.86 (+0.40% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 10 Completion (94.07 (+0.61% From Start) (+0.21 From previous week)

Week 11 Completion (94.18 (+0.72% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 12 Completion (94.59 (+1.13% From Start) (+0.41 From previous week)

Week 13 Completion (94.76 (+1.30% From Start) (+0.17 From previous week)

Week 14 Completion (94.73 (+1.27% From Start) (-0.03 From previous week)

Week 15 Completion (94.83 (+1.36% From Start) (+0.09 From previous week)

Week 16 Completion (94.67 (+1.21% From Start) (-0.16 From previous week)

Week 17 Completion (94.81 (+1.35% From Start) (+0.14 From previous week)

Week 18 Completion (94.91 (+1.45% From Start) (+0.10 From previous week)

Week 19 Completion (94.79 (+1.33% From Start) (-0.10 From previous week)

Week 20 Completion (94.75 (+1.29% From Start) (-0.04 From previous week)

Week 21 Completion (95.10 (+1.64% From Start) (+0.35 From previous week)

Week 22 Completion (95.78 (+2.32% From Start) (+0.68 From previous week)

Week 23 Completion (96.07 (+2.61% From Start) (+0.29 From previous week)

Week 24 Completion (96.15 (+2.69% From Start) (+0.08 From previous week)

Week 25 Completion (96.22 (+2.76% From Start) (+0.07 From previous week)

Week 26 Completion (96.02 (+2.56% From Start) (-0.20 From previous week)

Week 27 Completion (96.24 (+2.78% From Start) (+0.22 From previous week)

Week 28 Completion (96.02 (+2.56% From Start) (-0.22 From previous week)

Week 29 Completion (96.14 (+2.68% From Start) (+0.12 From previous week)

Week 30 Completion (96.24 (+2.78% From Start) (+0.10 From previous week)

Week 31 Completion (96.26 (+2.80% From Start) (+0.02 From previous week)

Week 32 Completion (96.37 (+2.91% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 33 Completion (96.41 (+2.95% From Start) (+0.04 From previous week)

Week 34 Completion (96.42 (+2.99% From Start) (+0.01 From previous week)

Week 35 Completion (96.34 (+2.88% From Start) (-0.08 From previous week)

Week 36 Completion (96.59 (+3.18% From Start) (+0.25 From previous week)

Week 37 Completion (96.62 (+3.21% From Start) (+0.03 From previous week)

Current Completion: (96.61 (3.20% Total Increase) (-0.01% from last week)

Outer Wilds 82% -> 100%
Lost Grimoires 3 0% -> 100%
Watch Dogs: Legion 83% -> 85% -> 97% -> 100%

A Plague Tale: Innocence 0%->100%

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection 0%-> 4% -> 100%

Blood Bowl 2 4% -> 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn 98% -. 100%

Bridge Constructor Portal 0% -> 100%

Horizon Forbidden West 0% -> 30% -> 77% -> 100%

Final Fantasy XV 45% -> 60% ->66% ->100%

Glass Masquerade 0% -> 100%

Glass Masquerade 2 0% -> 100%

Bridge Constructor 0% -> 100%

Elventide: Slavic Fable 0% -> 100%

Elventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror 0% -> 100%

Elventide 3: Legacy of Legends 0% -> 100%

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink 0% -> 100%

Dark Arcana: The Carnival 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Memoria 0% -> 100%

Nine Witches: Family Disruption 0% -> 100%

Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 0% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor 72% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 0% -> 88% -> 100%

Team Sonic Racing 0% -> 100%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom 0% -> 100%

Tales from The Borderlands 0% -> 100%

Final Fantasy IX 0% -> 48% -> 100%

Rogue Aces 0% -> 100%

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments 0% ->100%

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus 0% -> 100%

Sly 2: Band of Thieves 0% -> 100%

Sly 3: Honor among Thives 0% -> 55% -> 100%

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 0% -> 39% -> 100%

Fallout 3 9% -> 29% -> 100%

Fallout New Vegas 53% -> 90% -> 100%

Fallout 4 32% -> 85% -> 100%

Fallout Shelter 0% -> 100%

Anna's Quest 0% -> 100%

My Brother Rabbit 0% -> 100%

Gris 0% -> 100%

Silece 0% -> 100%

Lego Movie: The Videogame 0% -> 100%

Lego Movie 2: The Videogame 0%  -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots 0% -> 31% -> 100%

The Pathless 0% -> 100%

Strange Brigade 0% -> 46% -> 68% -> 100%

Kena: bridge of Spirits 0% -> 100%

The Last Door 0% -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes 42% -> 100%

Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain 21% -> 29% -> 56% ->92% -> 100%

Nuecromunda: Hired Gun 0% -> 100%

Away: The Survival Series 0% -> 100%

Watch Dogs 0% -> 85% ->100%

Biomutant 0% -> 100%

XIII 0% -> 100%

Fallout 76 96% -> 98% -> 100%

Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 0% -> 100%

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes 0% ->  100%

Stray 0% -> 100%

Weekly Update Time

Very small drop this week, probably due to Deahtloop getitng a few new Trophies, as well as another for AC: Valhalla.

Managed to get Fallout 76 back up to 100%, after getting my 10th misc quest done today. I know the game gets a lot of hate, but I do enjoy it for what it is tbh. Will probably continue playing on and off for a few more weeks yet.

The 2 Edna & Harvey games are a pair of wierd little point and click games that I picked up whilst on sale.

Stray is a game I've been wanting to paly for a while, but wante dot hold off until teh physical edition was released. Delightful little game, although I maanaged to mess up my first attempt at the speed run (failed by 4 minutes, fairly sure I forgot to pause when away from my console. On my succesful run, I had arioudn 20 mintues remaining).

For the week ahead, at the very least, I'm planning on returning to Deathloop for the new trophies, undecided what I'll go for beyond that yet.

• Like 2

Week 38 STARTING PERCENTAGE 76.82%

Yakuza Kiwami 11% -> 37%

Week 38 ENDING PERCENTAGE 77.13% (+0.31%)

Steady progress this week, about halfway through the main storyline now and trying to mark off as much of the substories and the huge completion list as possible to minimise the post-game grind, which I can already tell is going to suuuuuuuck. Still, I knew what I was signing up for and I'm a decent-sized 42.18% of the way there already. Most of the completion list doesn't seem to be that challenging, although my hopes of being able to cheese through Mahjong without taking the time to learn how to properly play look to have been dashed early on, going by my experience going for the excellently named Sexy Ron trophy. The Legend Mode playthrough might also prove to be a little more problematic - I hear the Chapter 9 car chase (which I've yet to reach on Normal) is particularly brutal - but we'll cross that bridge when we get there in a couple of weeks. At least there's no speedrun in this one.

Other plan for the upcoming week is to finally mark off the online Disc Jam trophy I need before the server shutdown on the 30th - completely forgot about it over the last couple of weeks, so I've joined a midweek session so I actually get a reminder about it before I get distracted and it's too late to avoid another unobtainable blotch on the profile. I'm also considering bashing out a quick and reasonably easy game TBD, simply because having Spongebob listed on my profile as my last plat earned is starting to annoy me - and I definitely ain't getting the Kiwami plat in the immediate future. We'll see.

• Like 3

So I've done the maths based off of some rough workings out.

My current percentage is 51.89%

If I complete Spyro 2, 3 and do the second playthrough of Bastion that takes me to 54.05%

I'll only need 0.90% before the end of the year. Given I started on the low 49% and introduced Deep Rock Galactic in February, I've got a pretty decent chance of hitting my 55% target but also nearly a 7% increase for the year.

Just gotta not cave to the temptation of God of War Ragnarok ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Stray is a game I've been wanting to paly for a while, but wante dot hold off until teh physical edition was released. Delightful little game, although I maanaged to mess up my first attempt at the speed run (failed by 4 minutes, fairly sure I forgot to pause when away from my console. On my succesful run, I had arioudn 20 mintues remaining).

For the week ahead, at the very least, I'm planning on returning to Deathloop for the new trophies, undecided what I'll go for beyond that yet.

ouch...4 minutes is painful! ?

@deathloop: I am doubting to pick it up. The reviews are great but I had some buddies that started and couldn't make sense out of it...what is your take on it?

8 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Just gotta not cave to the temptation of God of War Ragnarok 1f602.png

or just finish it in time ?

• Like 1

Hello everybody

I am 0.18% away from my 5% increase goal! Almost there!

Severed - PSVita

Have started this game twice and never finished it. It is this month choice of the Vita Island Game Club, so a good moment to finally get this done. I have played to the point where I ended last time (more or less) and I am really enjoying it at the moment! Great artwork + using the capabilities of the Vita to the fullest. So far nothing too hard either.

Call of Duty MW3 + DLC (0/4) - PS3

Don't know what I was thinking years ago when I popped one trophy on special ops ?. This one is hunting me for a while so I decided to get it over with. I have played the campaign on veteran which was not too bad. The friendly AI is actually pretty okayish and thus helpful. Next up are the survival trophies....we'll see how these will go.

No progress

Far Cry 5 + DLC (3/4) - PS4

Steamworld Dig - PSVita

Current status

Screenshot-2022-09-26-090514.jpg

Plans for next week

- finish Severed - PSVita

- continue on COD MW3 - PS3

Happy trophy hunting everybody

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

Update #34:

Starting completion rate (from the beginning of the year) : 55.12%

Current completion rate : 59.42% (+0.12% from last update ~ +4.30% from start)

Target rate: 63.12% (8% increase)

Hello everyone, this week was ok I think since I started Dante's Inferno but still managed to finish the week over my previous %, still following my plan to grab a game from the emergency list and sometimes a game from my backlog, completed the online trophies for AC3 Liberation on Vita which were surprisingly simple and tried the Dante's Inferno Trials which were surprisingly hard lol

• Overwatch - Completed
  • Assassin's Creed 3 - Safe, all online trophies completed
  • Driver San Francisco - Safe, all online trophies completed
  • Everybody's Golf - Completed
  • Super Bomberman R - Next on list (Due December 1st)
  • Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation -  Safe, all online trophies completed
  • Dante's Inferno -  Started (No date announced but seems servers for trials are dying)
  • Babylon's Fall -  tbd (Due February 23th)
  • Far Cry 2 -  Started (No date announced but may go down with other servers on October 1st, also servers are dying)

Completed this week:

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - PS4 - Uff, the initial playthroughs in different modes were okay, up to the point of chapter select to do different trophies, but in the end I had to do a complete new playthrough only for the save everyone trophy due to where the "kill flags" are located and ended losing quite some time trying to do the kill everyone trophy which was a pain

Progress this week:

Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation - PSVITA - 48% - Focused solely on doing the online, I don't have my save anymore so I'll have to play it again to finish

Dante's Inferno - PS3 - 47% - Started this one cause my friend was up to help me with the trials, we couldn't do any at all on our first try so I went to look for some tips and just followed playing the single player, almost done so I guess I'll soon be missing only the trials

Completed games during the event:

Spoiler
  1. Guacamelee! 2 - PS4
  2. Rain - PS3
  3. Batman: The Telltale Series - PS4

4. Frobisher Says! - PSVITA

5. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - PS3

6. Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse - PS3

7. The Playroom - PS4

8. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - PS3

9. Murdered: Soul Suspect - PS4

10. Ark: Survival Evolved - PS4

11. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Future Tone - PS4

12. The Pillars of the Earth - PS4

13. Journey - PS4

14. Journey - PS3

15. One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows - PS4

16. Dragon Fantasy Book I - PSVITA

17. Rochard - PS3

18. Spyro the Dragon Remake - PS4

19. Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness - PS4

20. Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD - PS3

21. Concrete Genie - PS4

22. Costume Quest 2 - PS4

23. The Playroom VR - PSVR

24. Super Bomberman R Online - PS4

25. The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 - PS3

26. Never Alone - PS4

27. A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV - PS4

28. The Unfinished Swan - PS3

29. The Order: 1886 - PS4

30. Rime - PS4

31. Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - PS5

32. Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl - PS4

33. Overwatch: Origins Edition - PS4

34. Child of Light - PS4

35. Operation Tango - PS5

36. TOEM - PS5

37. Everybody's Golf - PS4

38. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - PS4

• Like 4

i made some progress trough the story from persona 5 original the trophielist is difficultier then royal but i really like the story i unlocked the strenght confidant and i play now trough the story mode and i wil see how far after the first playtrough i wil get i going to use swaps detroit become human and dark souls remastered that is for me a suicide game because i die alot in dark souls remastered and but i going to put alot of hours and with many playthroughs needed for the platinum trophie i am a decent gamer but not that good so i wil continue with persona 5 but now i going to make progress with detroit become human i dident touch the game back in 2019 it wil be tough for me i going to put alot of hours i have been stopped restarting the games but i could not know that i can back up my gamesaves 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

ouch...4 minutes is painful! 1f601.png

@deathloop: I am doubting to pick it up. The reviews are great but I had some buddies that started and couldn't make sense out of it...what is your take on it?

It's a little on the short side, but I generally quite enjoyed it. The back and forth dialogue is great fun.

Takes some inspiration from Prey (in particular, its DLC) and Dishonored.

• Like 1

Update 37. 9/26/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 55.76%
Current PCG    56.00%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Ar nosurge Plus 6% :platinum: 9/23/2022
Atari Flashbacks vol. 1 45% 48%
F1 Manager 22 6% 7%
Hotline Miami 2 1% 7%
Streets of Rage 4 63% 66%

The Artful Escape :platinum: 9/25/2022

Finished Ar nosurge Plus as planned. Then I spent most of the weekend crown hunting in Monster Hunter World, but didn't get a single one of the 8 Elder Dragon ones that I still need. So I gave up and just played through The Artful Escape for platinum #250. That left me really close to 56% so I nabbed a few easy trophies to get me the rest of the way there. I also gave Hotline Miami 2 another try, but bounced off of it again.

Plans for this week are to start on my next Fall challenge game, and maybe knock out a few more easy PS Plus games before the big monthly update.

Take care!

• Like 4

On 9/25/2022 at 2:05 AM, CptToffer said:

Amazing on the Resogun and Uncharted Trophies pal. They're both ones I have to do. 

Thanks! I know we were planning on trying to get the Uncharted 4 Survival Mode trophies together with gladiatorrrrr, but after 20ish hours of leveling up and practicing I realized that to do crushing together, each of us would have to put in at least 100 hours practicing to get good enough and to get the right skills/weapons unlocked. I figured that was not a very likely scenario, and when I stumbled across some inhumanly good people who were willing to help me.... I jumped at the chance.

I also found a person also looking to finish off Resogun so over the course of 6-7 hours and 3-4 different boosting sessions we got that knocked out too.

If you pick up Resogun again, I'd be more than willing to help you out, so hit me up if/when you get there!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Thanks! I know we were planning on trying to get the Uncharted 4 Survival Mode trophies together with gladiatorrrrr, but after 20ish hours of leveling up and practicing I realized that to do crushing together, each of us would have to put in at least 100 hours practicing to get good enough and to get the right skills/weapons unlocked. I figured that was not a very likely scenario, and when I stumbled across some inhumanly good people who were willing to help me.... I jumped at the chance.

I also found a person also looking to finish off Resogun so over the course of 6-7 hours and 3-4 different boosting sessions we got that knocked out too.

If you pick up Resogun again, I'd be more than willing to help you out, so hit me up if/when you get there!

always take the opportunity when it arises! Happy for you that you completed it. Super nice 100%

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Of course my dude, didn't think anything of it. Gotta jump on that. 

Yeah, I'll hit you up for Resogun, no doubt ??

In other news...I'm a little confused but here's what I think has happened.

I played the Spyro Reignited Trilogy a couple of years back. Plat for the first game but all three games showed up on my profile. S Rank for the first and F for 2&3.

Now in my mind, as they're on my profile and (I'm assuming) bringing my average ranking down (due to the F), I assumed they'd be bringing my completion percentage down too. 

Except I just started Spyro 2 last night and my completion percentage has dropped by nearly 0.50%. So I guess if the trophy list is on your profile...but you haven't earned any trophies in them, they don't count towards the overall completion percentage.

This was likely old news to a lot of you but a gut punch to me. Won't be making 55% this year and will likely fail the challenge as a result.? Hey-ho.

Edited by CptToffer

8 hours ago, CptToffer said:

Of course my dude, didn't think anything of it. Gotta jump on that. 

Yeah, I'll hit you up for Resogun, no doubt 1f605.png1f44d.png

In other news...I'm a little confused but here's what I think has happened.

I played the Spyro Reignited Trilogy a couple of years back. Plat for the first game but all three games showed up on my profile. S Rank for the first and F for 2&3.

Now in my mind, as they're on my profile and (I'm assuming) bringing my average ranking down (due to the F), I assumed they'd be bringing my completion percentage down too. 

Except I just started Spyro 2 last night and my completion percentage has dropped by nearly 0.50%. So I guess if the trophy list is on your profile...but you haven't earned any trophies in them, they don't count towards the overall completion percentage.

This was likely old news to a lot of you but a gut punch to me. Won't be making 55% this year and will likely fail the challenge as a result.? Hey-ho.

0% games are not calculated in overall percentage but the moment you pop the first trophy it will be.

Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, and games with a second trophy list like Minecraft and The Elder Scrolls Online all automatically add the additional trophy list at 0%. As always, you can delete 0% lists (hence why Crash 2 and 3 are not on mine) but the next time you play the game it will be re-added.

Spyro 1 and 2 are pretty easy, think each one took me a week, so you could definitely clean them both up in the 3 remaining months. You do have my sympathies though - at least it's not the drastic drop I had with TESO.

Edited by da-Noob123
  • Like 1