How to grind for fast exp?

PillowGamer

Hello,

I basically have the promotion trophies left and looking for how to gain experience as fast as possible.

Currently I do the 200 morkite missions where I only go for the main objective as fast as possible and then end the mission. I play on hazard 3 solo and gain 3400-3600 in around 8 minutes on average.

When playing driller I think it might be faster to do the 7 aquarqs mission.

Anyone know a faster way doing it solo?

Thank you!

13 minutes ago, PillowGamer said:

Hello,

I basically have the promotion trophies left and looking for how to gain experience as fast as possible.

Currently I do the 200 morkite missions where I only go for the main objective as fast as possible and then end the mission. I play on hazard 3 solo and gain 3400-3600 in around 8 minutes on average.

When playing driller I think it might be faster to do the 7 aquarqs mission.

Anyone know a faster way doing it solo?

Thank you!

I see people talking about getting 1000XP / min ... so looks like you are far from this rate :/ 

I didnt play enough of this game to give you advice, but PC players can ^^

Here is some reading that will probably can help you :

Deep Rock Galactic - How to Farm XP Fast (gameplay.tips)

Most efficient XP grinding :: Deep Rock Galactic General Discussion (steamcommunity.com)

Late joining lobbies since the xp amount is equal for everyone, make the most of double xp etc. I usually host one or two double xp missions and then join the rest after that. You can mission select a double xp mission on another console and set it to private so you have another one for when the event ends too.

• Like 1

There is no way to grind it 'fast' you can try to do the things in the links above but they will be minimal at best. You need to accept that there are no shortcuts to this game and its a 400 hour :platinum: and either be up to the challenge or look for another game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silocia said:

I dont mind the time, if people want to invest that amount of time thats perfectly fine for them.

my biggest annoyance lately with devs and co-op games is that they lock you out of the platinum if you don't have 3 other people to play with. co-op games in my opinion should be accessible to people who are duos not just 4 stacks.

The DRG servers are packed and you will always find a full game, even when you host your own so don't worry about not having enough people :). The only slight problem is there are some trophies (Party Time, Car Pool and Elite Diver) that are a bitch to do solo so boosting will likely be needed at some point if you can't do them legit (boosting sessions will also draw a lot of people) but the majority are very doable solo if you know what you're doing and look up some build videos on Youtube :).

On 22/01/2022 at 10:29 PM, Ac3dUd3- said:

There is no way to grind it 'fast' you can try to do the things in the links above but they will be minimal at best. You need to accept that there are no shortcuts to this game and its a 400 hour :platinum: and either be up to the challenge or look for another game.

This^

There are some things you can do to speed up the grind but for the most part, you are going to need a lot of elbow grease, time and patience to get all 4 Dwarves to Gold 1.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The DRG servers are packed and you will always find a full game, even when you host your own so don't worry about not having enough people :). The only slight problem is there are some trophies (Party Time, Car Pool and Elite Diver) that are a bitch to do solo so boosting will likely be needed at some point if you can't do them legit (boosting sessions will also draw a lot of people) but the majority are very doable solo if you know what you're doing and look up some build videos on Youtube :).

I know theres the boosting threads but me and my friend play co-op games together. He's also just recently moved to Canada (im UK) and we aren't young gamers anymore so its difficult to find the time for us play as it is and our previous experience of having to throw in boosting sessions on top of that makes it even more difficult.

I just wish that if a game was co-op then the only limit to trophies would be two because you are still playing co-op. I feel I need to stress that I'm not saying they cant make the games with 3 other open slots for friends im just saying the co-op trophies should only require another person not three.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Silocia said:

I know theres the boosting threads but me and my friend play co-op games together. He's also just recently moved to Canada (im UK) and we aren't young gamers anymore so its difficult to find the time for us play as it is and our previous experience of having to throw in boosting sessions on top of that makes it even more difficult.

I just wish that if a game was co-op then the only limit to trophies would be two because you are still playing co-op. I feel I need to stress that I'm not saying they cant make the games with 3 other open slots for friends im just saying the co-op trophies should only require another person not three.

If you ever need extra UK-based folk, let me know bud. Much like you, I'm no longer a young gamer so finding the time is trickier! 

• Like 2

To get back on topic, here are some observations about leveling up fast:

• There is a rhythm to the game. Some combinations of main mission, side mission, and location promote fast clears and ignored side objectives. Some promote gold mining and mineral hunting. Go with the grain.
  • To level up fast, you need more than XP. You need gold and minerals for the promotions, and more gold and more minerals to upgrade weapons and forge overclocks. A good overclock will increase your income. Get matrix cores, do machine events, use the forge. Eventually you'll get good ones. Jump on Mineral Mania when you can for those crafting materials; it's not always good, but it's worth a shot.
  • Warnings are your friend. Each one increases XP, gold, and crafting materials by 15%-30%. Learning to fight through them is a big help. Often, quickly switching a few upgrades around at the equipment station will help. Like for Shield Disruption, take off improved generator and put on healthy, etc. Or for Mactera Swarm, you may want different weapons. 
  • Remember, you have to level up all classes, and to better chase Double XP and other good mutators around the map, you want to be able to do most if not all missions. You'll probably be changing your build many times. Another reason your appetite for crafting materials will get fierce. XP alone is not enough.
  • Drink beer. Especially the ones for extra health and decreased fall damage can be great.
  • Late joining is great, but remember to jump in and do your part. They can still kick you until the pod is called. Behave!
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Congrats. Is that "mission time" (as shown in DRG in-game stats) or console time measured by PS5?

Thanks! It’s the one displayed on PS5. The in-game one is indeed just total mission time which excludes load times and just being in the bar. Funnily enough that comes to 192 hours so I’m not sure where the other 80 hours went lol

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Darkette said:

Thanks! It’s the one displayed on PS5. The in-game one is indeed just total mission time which excludes load times and just being in the bar. Funnily enough that comes to 192 hours so I’m not sure where the other 80 hours went lol

Congrats on plat mate, takes some time to show up but you might be the first one :)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Congrats on plat mate, takes some time to show up but you might be the first one :)

Thank you. Yeah I’m definitely first, I checked on the people closing in on me on ps4 and they weren’t closing the gap. As for PS5, the trophy went from 0.0% to 0.1% on the console so that speaks for itself hahaha

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Darkette said:

Thank you. Yeah I’m definitely first, I checked on the people closing in on me on ps4 and they weren’t closing the gap. As for PS5, the trophy went from 0.0% to 0.1% on the console so that speaks for itself hahaha

Congrats dude. An amazing platinum ?

• Like 2

On 1/25/2022 at 7:01 AM, Darkette said:

Aside from late joining, another good thing to note is that you should always activate the tritilyte machines when you see them. As long as the timer expires (succeed or fail) then you get around 2400 xp without double xp. Personally just finished the game with 268 hours in it so don’t be scared away by these 400-500h+ rumours either.

268 seems a lot lower than 550+

It's a shame people were so quick to quote 500+ hours because it scared off a lot of players from a great game. I hope these professional forum posters correct their previous estimate posts

On 25.01.2022 at 1:01 PM, Darkette said:

Aside from late joining, another good thing to note is that you should always activate the tritilyte machines when you see them. As long as the timer expires (succeed or fail) then you get around 2400 xp without double xp. Personally just finished the game with 268 hours in it so don’t be scared away by these 400-500h+ rumours either.

Srr Man but i don't trust you. Threre is three options.

1. You find some bug/glitch to get exp.

2. You sharing account

3. You dont sleep 24/7 only Play deep rock.

Im sniping games too. But you must have 100% of the time super luck to join the game on finish part.

People have also errors "server connection lost" or some random errors when joining.

Don't say to the people the Platinum is 270hrs.

You get Platinum ok but please don't fool people.

6 minutes ago, MEightyThreee said:

2. You sharing account

Im sniping games too. But you must have 100% of the time super luck to join the game on finish part.

People have also errors "server connection lost" or some random errors when joining.

I mean yeah he plays too much but 300~ was always my estimate you can get to level 25 in 10-12 hours if thats all you are aiming for. This game isnt a brand new IP its been out so there is info floating around any trophy hunter would look into that before playing and plan accordingly. If you are running round spending 30+ minutes each mission yeah 500 hours is about right but there are ways to go faster even without mission joining you can get to 25 in around 13 hours BUT you have to plan for that it wont be the natural progression of the game.

For me I just dont enjoy the game THAT much to want to play on my main account. its a fun game but i know the grind to gold is boring/tedious 

37 minutes ago, MEightyThreee said:

2. You sharing account

Not sure if you’re joking or just stupid.

Edit: I guess we can test it - how many hours are in 2 weeks 6 days?

Edited by Darkette

1 hour ago, Darkette said:

Not sure if you’re joking or just stupid.

Edit: I guess we can test it - how many hours are in 2 weeks 6 days?

342 hours in 2 weeks, 6 days, you're a hacking scumbag who deserves nothing more than permanent flagging on the leaderboard. We all know who your team is, your mum told me all about it. I know because I said so, you can't spell cheat without eat, you're hungry for more of those scrubby plats. 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Sergen said:

342 hours in 2 weeks, 6 days, you're a hacking scumbag who deserves nothing more than permanent flagging on the leaderboard. We all know who your team is, your mum told me all about it. I know because I said so, you can't spell cheat without eat, you're hungry for more of those scrubby plats. 

I knew you better than to expose me like that )’: I guess the decision is final but I want none other than big daddy @MEightyThreee to do the honour v.v

Edited by Darkette
  • Like 4