What are some good PS Vita rpgs?

CosmoConstant

I'm thinking about getting a PS Vita soon and was wondering what some good rpgs are that are out now for the system. Also, is there any good rpgs coming out for it this year? Also, Does anyone know the US release date of the new LCD PS Vita? That's the one that I want to buy because the battery lasts over an hour longer and it's smaller and lighter. I can't seem to find a release date any where.

I've been playing Ys: Memories of Celceta and it's an incredibly satisfying RPG. Mostly for its gameplay though. The story is pretty average.

That's the game that I am most likely going to get for my first Vita game.  Game Informer gave it a 8.5/10.  I'm going on a long road trip in March and it will be nice to have something to play.  Right now I just have a PSP but I am going to sell it, all my PSP games, and all of it's accessories to one of my friends for $80.00.  That will be a good start towards saving up for a PS Vita and Ys: Memories of Celceta.  Has any of you used your PS Vita with your PS4 yet?

So far I have bought a 32GB Vita memory card and the CTA Digital PS Vita 25 in 1 Luxury Kit.  Once I save up some more money I am then going to get a white PlayStation Vita (Refurbished) from GameStop http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/consoles/playstation-vita-with-wifi-white-recharged-refurbished/107566 and I will then get Ys: Memories of Celceta as well.  Then I should be ready for my long road trip in March.  :lol:

• Like 2

Persona 4: Golden - Turn Based

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God - Turn Based

Atelier Meruru Plus - Turn Based

Atelier Totori Plus - Turn Based

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 - Turn Based

Dragon Fantasy Book 2 - Turn Based

Rainbow Moon - Turn Based

Ragnarok Odyssey - Action RPG

Soul Sacrifice - Action RPG

Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Action RPG

Ys: Memories of Celceta - Action RPG

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - it's not for the Vita per se as it's a PSP game but it's still a great game and the original on Sega CD is my favorite RPG.

There are some coming out this year that I'm sure I'll eventually get, like Conception 2, but none where I've seen enough to say I can highly recommend it.

• Like 2

Persona 4: Golden - Turn Based

Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God - Turn Based

Atelier Meruru Plus - Turn Based

Atelier Totori Plus - Turn Based

Dragon Fantasy Book 1 - Turn Based

Dragon Fantasy Book 2 - Turn Based

Rainbow Moon - Turn Based

Ragnarok Odyssey - Action RPG

Soul Sacrifice - Action RPG

Dungeon Hunter Alliance - Action RPG

Ys: Memories of Celceta - Action RPG

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony - it's not for the Vita per se as it's a PSP game but it's still a great game and the original on Sega CD is my favorite RPG.

There are some coming out this year that I'm sure I'll eventually get, like Conception 2, but none where I've seen enough to say I can highly recommend it.

Lunar has to be one of my all time favorite JRPG's good call there.

• Like 1

Lunar has to be one of my all time favorite JRPG's good call there.

Yes the first two Lunar games are fantastic.  I played them both on the original PlayStation.  There's been crappy other Lunar games made for handhelds but like I said they were very crappy.  I would love to see a Lunar 3 made for PS4.  That would be awesome. :lol:   I guess that it could be great if made for the PS Vita but they would have to refrain from doing gimmicky 3D characters and touch screen attacks.  Using the touch screen to navigate menus and items would be nice.

If it's RPG for Vita you are looking, then Persona 4 Golden is a 120% must =)

I pretty much only play RPGs so if you want to look, you can check my profile. Even though pretty much every RPG has been mentioned here =)

There's also Valhalla Knights 3 but I'm not sure how that one is =)

And once it's finally localized, Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 and 2.

Edited by SatoshiOokami
  • Like 1

Gonna sound redundant, but Persona 4 G and if you can just get P3P(since this is for PSP), but another one I would reccomend is Ys it's good pretty much the vita's equivalence to the Legend of Zelda series(though this series is already a pretty well established one. This Ys is a remake of the fourth game from what I've heard).

Disgaea 3 is good too, though I myself haven't played it. I've played the first Disgaea game for quite a bit ilke completed the game twice, but never did the bonus side-quests. Clocked in a lot of hours for 2(beaten the game several times and gotten a majority of map pieces and got myself a level 5000 Prinny).

Four I have, but haven't played a lot of it. I dunno I just feel that Disgaea should stick to handhelds only.

Edited by HeroMAXD
  • Like 1

I think that most likely I am going to get Ys: Memories of Celceta.  I didn't much care for Persona 3.  I didn't like the going to school part and having to take tests part.  That's not fun for me.  I wish that the Persona games were more like Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.  They could keep the Persona games Mature rated (I like that) I just don't like the having to go to school part.  I suppose that's why a lot of people like the Persona games though right?  So I would have to say that the Persona games are just not for me.

• Like 1

I think that most likely I am going to get Ys: Memories of Celceta.  I didn't much care for Persona 3.  I didn't like the going to school part and having to take tests part.  That's not fun for me.  I wish that the Persona games were more like Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch.  They could keep the Persona games Mature rated (I like that) I just don't like the having to go to school part.  I suppose that's why a lot of people like the Persona games though right?  So I would have to say that the Persona games are just not for me.

Interesting... school part is considered to be the best part of P3/P4 =D

Well... we all have different likes :)