Where does your PSN username come from?

Maitre

History behind the username [ Yaegur ]:

Jäger (German Pronunciation as in Yaegeris a German military term adopted in 1631 by the Landgrave of Hesse when he first formed an elite infantry unit out of his professional Hunters (Jäger) and Rangers (Forstleute) in the Hessian Army. During the Age of Enlightenment in German speaking states (and others influenced by them) Jäger is used to describe Elite Light Infantry, especially Skirmishers, Scouts, Sharpshooters and CouriersJäger, which means "Hunter" or "Huntsman", came by extension to denote light infantrymen whose forester background made them suitable for skirmishing as individuals rather than as a drilled and regimented body of soldiers. Often they came from families with a tradition of service to one feudal lord. Initially Jägers made use of their own precision made rifles: a more accurate weapon with a longer range than the muskets used by line troops.

Jäger, in its original sense of light infantry, is usually translated into English as Rifleman (In an Infantry role) or Rifles (In regimental names) and Ranger (Especially in North American English). In English Jäger is often written as Jaeger (Both Plural and Singular). Austrian Armies also designated the term Jaeger to it's finest Marksman within select Infantry companies. 

Why I chose the username [ Yaegur ]:

1. Mountain Infantry within the United States Armed Forces.

2. Expert Marksmanship and Squad Designated Marksman.

3. Referred to as the Taliban Hunter in old documentary video.

4. Extensively trained by my old team leader (A Ranger from Ranger Battalion).

5. The Gmail account Jaeger, Jagger, and Yaeger had already been taken.

Do to these reasons I created the username [ Yaegur ]: that would be universal with Gmail, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, Youtube, PSN, and many others.

Edited by Yaegur

Mine was not originally fir me but for my stepdad hus nickname is shug and 244 was part of our address he told me the ps3 was for him so i made him this account but i started playing games on it so the next week when he told me the ps3 was mine i already had saved data on his account and didnt want to lose it so i kept playing on it till i had to many trophies that i didn't want to lose

Well, Mantas is my real name (Some of you will probably find it weird).

Artorias, however, comes from a game called Dark Souls, I loved the lore behind that character and so I decided to include it in my PSN ID. Actually, I tried different variations using only the word Artorias, but every name was taken. Ornstein (also from Dark Souls) was my second choice, can't remember why I didn't choose that one  :dunno:

Mine was inspired from the archetypal 'Assassin' character; whether from books, movies or games (particularly games). I just love the idea of the silent killer, stalking their prey, and cleverly thinking through a situation before acting. It's how I imagine I'd be in a game (and stealth is the normal route I take in games).

But then I thought, hmmm, I can't be too serious, so I added something to make the name a bit less scary. Hence, FluffyAssassin was born.

But of course, that was taken (somehow), so I added my favourite number (64) to the end.

:D

• Like 1