Playing on PS5 and have lost all save data twice now

PotrikBerger

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Any source for that or just speculation?

It has to be speculative, and a poor guess at that. Sony wouldn't (shouldn't) stifle save backup options on an entire hardware generation just because an insignificant minority might tinker with the save data. The PS5 OS is still missing loads of QoL options, and they'll be added just as they were with the PS4.

• Like 1

It's now safe to fall asleep while playing the game. xD

8 hours ago, Helyx said:

It has to be speculative, and a poor guess at that. Sony wouldn't (shouldn't) stifle save backup options on an entire hardware generation just because an insignificant minority might tinker with the save data. The PS5 OS is still missing loads of QoL options, and they'll be added just as they were with the PS4.

Save files can be used as attack vector and the insignificant minority can make damages that are valued in millions.

I personally hate that I'm unable to make manual backups and at very least would expect cloud saves to be completely free.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 6:02 AM, FielVeredus said:

I dont think they care that much about modding because it isn't affected them except money losing from opening back up via USB. so PS+ only for now is to make money, there is no logical sense other than that.

Sony might not care but game devs might and put pressure on Sony. Especially since hacks and modding enabled cheating in multiplayer. CoD is one of the more famous franchises being touched by this in the past on PS3 and PS4 and Activision definitely had enough clout to convince Sony to make hacking/modding harder.

On 1-3-2022 at 2:26 PM, DrBloodmoney said:

I wouldn't have been able to comprehend it either when I was 28, but ever since I turned 35 or so, this happens with shocking regularity!

I'm well past 40 and this has never happened to me. I am starting to get worried. Is there something wrong with me? I should call my doctor for an appointment.

5 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

I'm well past 40 and this has never happened to me. I am starting to get worried. Is there something wrong with me? I should call my doctor for an appointment.

Could also have something to do with having a hyperactive child...

...since that means I basically live in 'soul-form' with my HP capped at 50% ?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 03/03/2022 at 8:38 AM, BrandedBerserk said:

You mind falling asleep with the game on for a third time to confirm if it's been patched? Thanks in advance. 

Lol, I turned off rest mode after the 2nd time and went on to get the plat in next few days, so can’t confirm 100% the patch works, but turning off rest mode definitely does. Been helping others since I finished so have banked well over 200hrs now, I’ve definitely forgotten the PS was still on and gone to bed since then and had no problems since turning off rest mode