License Challenge?

Megaman80

I finally got gold on all licenses today, for me the worst were a9, s4 and s10. S10 being the worst, always kept going sideways on the s bends before the final straight into the chicane. I only finished it 3 times, one at 2.29, the next at 2.26.065 and the the final one was 2.25. 

Its more of a test of patience than anything else, you’ll get them all eventually. I put the game down for 2 weeks after I couldn’t do s4 ?

• Like 4

On 04/04/2022 at 3:19 PM, Gemini-JohnnyT said:

i said nothing about, nor did i make an insinuation or inference about wheels being more difficult or easier to utilize. i said nothing about the complexity to use or even master using the wheel. i offered conjecture of them leading to better lap times

Neither did I meant to discredit you. I even gave you a thumbs up to signal you were presenting a valid point and that I wasn't trying to antagonize you.

I was just saying there seems to be a general misconception about racing wheels.

A few years back I was showing some of my friends my leaderboard standings in a few Driveclub events and, in most cases, their first reaction was "Are you using a wheel?". I wasn't.

My point was, in this particular GT7 challenges/tests, if you're good enough to get golds with a wheel, you're probably good enough to get them with a controller.

The average gamer doesn't even own a racing wheel. Most people spending money in such hardware are, usually, already skilled drivers.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

1 hour ago, Komentaja said:

Only S-5 and S-10 left. Going to try gold all of them today. Formula thing took only about 3 hrs. Happy times.

Good luck, you can do them ?. For S-5 I'd recommend setting controller sensitivity to -2, I at least found the car much easier to control with low sensitivity. I also had ASM off and countersteer assistance strong.

Personally did S-9 today and only got S-10 left, gonna try it tomorrow.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 1

Thanks, after all the grinding on fishersman ranch, also on windmills, I'm not too scared of S-5. More than likely I should be ?. I will try your setup for sure.

It's been couple hrs of S-10, little less than 2 seconds to shave off still. It's hard but I dont dislike it that much. Some others were pure hell. Any good tips what my setup should be are welcome. I think I have tcs3, sensitivity at max etc. If gold happens today it will happen, if not I'm not stressing out as much as I did earlier. 

1 hour ago, Komentaja said:

Thanks, after all the grinding on fishersman ranch, also on windmills, I'm not too scared of S-5. More than likely I should be 1f601.png. I will try your setup for sure.

It's been couple hrs of S-10, little less than 2 seconds to shave off still. It's hard but I dont dislike it that much. Some others were pure hell. Any good tips what my setup should be are welcome. I think I have tcs3, sensitivity at max etc. If gold happens today it will happen, if not I'm not stressing out as much as I did earlier. 

Brake early and roll though corners with soft touch on the gas, also use countersteering assistance on if you already aren't. I think I had Traction control 5 . I very much like to have time checkpoints to see while i run how am I doing and if the run worth it. Because this track was long, I had the 30" mark, 1:02-1:03 and 1:55. I will check the vid and let you know exact where are those times for me in the track if it helps

• Like 1

And the license tests are done. After about 90 minutes of grinding I managed to get a 2:25.788 on S-10 and that's now gold on every test. I'm actually damn proud of myself for having been able to get this trophy even though it's hardly an ultra rare and I genuinely feel I've become much better at the game having completed all the tests.

The time limit on S-10 is actually quite lenient imo, the problem is actually finishing the lap. You have to be very careful not to hit any wet areas of the track or it's gonna be another failed attempt. I think I managed to complete a lap a total of five times. What's especially treacherous is the final long straight before the chicane at the end, you have to be careful with the throttle when it slightly bends to the left or you're gonna spin.

Edited by Janire1911
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Janire1911 said:

And the license tests are done. After about 90 minutes of grinding I managed to get a 2:25.788 on S-10 and that's now gold on every test. I'm actually damn proud of myself for having been able to get this trophy even though it's hardly an ultra rare and I genuinely feel I've become much better at the game having completed all the tests.

The time limit on S-10 is actually quite lenient imo, the problem is actually finishing the lap. You have to be very careful not to hit any wet areas of the track or it's gonna be another failed attempt. I think I managed to complete a lap a total of five times. What's especially treacherous is the final long straight before the chicane at the end, you have to be careful with the throttle when it slightly bends to the left or you're gonna spin.

Just did the same myself got a 2:25:33.

Agree with everything you've said, the time limit is lenient but you still need to be careful not too overshoot the last fast straight because that's the lap killer. 

However unpopular opinion, S10 is still easier than IA-8 & S7 imo. Persistenance is key, even if you keep failing a track every step is progress. 

I am struggling so hard with s-10. Seems like everything I know before is irrelevant here. Car spins out if you look at it wrong, rain has gravity forcefield which pulls ur car in. The moment you try to adjust from the rain you spin out. 

There is the section where you have to do a wide turn at the end and my car just likes to drift too much it seems. 

I literally can't stand this map. It seems less of skill and more of dealing with bullshit. I never found s-7 bad since it's a good car but Jesus Christ s-10. 

21 minutes ago, CsGetDegree said:

I am struggling so hard with s-10. Seems like everything I know before is irrelevant here. Car spins out if you look at it wrong, rain has gravity forcefield which pulls ur car in. The moment you try to adjust from the rain you spin out. 

There is the section where you have to do a wide turn at the end and my car just likes to drift too much it seems. 

I literally can't stand this map. It seems less of skill and more of dealing with bullshit. I never found s-7 bad since it's a good car but Jesus Christ s-10. 

Is your countersteering assistance on? 

10 minutes ago, CsGetDegree said:

No. I heard it helps alot I'll try it today. I have been looking at good settings to do this race at

I couldn't finish the lap. After turning it on, I managed to finish 6 times in 40' and eventually get the gold. Please, do it! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CsGetDegree said:

No. I heard it helps alot I'll try it today. I have been looking at good settings to do this race at

I just had maximum assists when I got gold: ASM on, countersteer assist strong and TCS 5. I also had controller sensitivity at 7. I'd read that the car is easier to handle with lower sensitivity but personally I found higher sensitivity to be better so you can do tighter turns. The only race where I think lower sensitivity is better is S-5 which is a dirt track, I used -2 for that one.

• Like 1

this stupid final challenge! Uuaaargh!

In a 2h session yesterday evening I maybe made it to the finish line three times ... 0.2 seconds off target .... uuuurgh ...

better than a week before, where I was still 1 second of target... but it took me a week to go from 1s to 0.2s ... I really hope I can get those 02.s shaved off faster ... ?

On 07/04/2022 at 0:26 PM, Janire1911 said:

I just had maximum assists when I got gold: ASM on, countersteer assist strong and TCS 5. I also had controller sensitivity at 7. I'd read that the car is easier to handle with lower sensitivity but personally I found higher sensitivity to be better so you can do tighter turns. The only race where I think lower sensitivity is better is S-5 which is a dirt track, I used -2 for that one.

On 07/04/2022 at 0:10 PM, Steva24 said:

I couldn't finish the lap. After turning it on, I managed to finish 6 times in 40' and eventually get the gold. Please, do it! 

Finally did it, it's so easy with counter steering on lol. I finished with 2:25.071. The assists really do make it way easier. Thanks guys ???

• Like 1

On 07/04/2022 at 5:23 AM, MickeyMixLipa said:

However unpopular opinion, S10 is still easier than IA-8 & S7 imo. Persistenance is key, even if you keep failing a track every step is progress. 

I agree, there is a lot more wiggle room re time on S10. Many other runs required close to perfection.

S7 was harder for me due to speed of car. IA8,9 and 10 were my worst. Particularly IA-10, narrow track, car slid around like a rally car and many many turns. 

• Like 1

Awesome feeling to be part of the finishers! Here is my experience: 

• I've done everything in manual with my initial assists setup until Super licences.   
  • Overall, the events are not that hard except some exceptions. 
  • In my humble opinion, the hard ones were -> A9 - IA8 - S7 and S10
  • S-10 didn't take that much time, as much as the one I am considering hard (1-2h to take)
  • S-7 allows you a ton of mistakes and is the easiest.  

My settings: 

• My settings for S-10: TC 5, ASM On, CA Strong, Controller Steering 7 
  • My settings for S-7: TC 5, ASM On, CA Off, Controller Steering 7 
  • Every other events: TC 5, ASM On, CA Strong, Controller Steering 7 

My path to gold: 

• For all events I followed the same routine. First trying to learn the track by finishing it by myself (no ghost), then try to beat my own ghost, and finally try to beat Demonstration's ghost by an offset of 0.2 to 0.3 depending on the difficulty of the track.
  • Even if I was way behind the Demonstration's ghost I would always try to finish to the end for 2 reasons: it helps you to learn the track, and you never now if golf won't fall even late (happened twice for me) 

Of course everything reflects my own experience of the game and yours can be different. I really enjoyed the whole thing even though it requires patience.

Good luck to everyone trying!! 

• Like 1