Is this game too hard or not? I heard contrasting opinions...

A friend of mine dropped this platinum because it was too hard, while another one said it is quite easy beside time trials, and for them you just have to follow YT guides and it becomes a joke. Then I read on some posts that there are some platinum killer trophies, so I really don't know what to say, also the plat rarity seems high (1.0% on PSN) so...?

• Like 1

Too hard? No

Challenging? yes.

Besides the Dashes (time trials), there is nothing hard in Mirror's Edge Catalyst. I only had a problem with one of Dashes named "Scenic Route" or something. I think it is around 5/10 plat difficulty... could also be a 6/10 if you have some issue with (some of) the Dashes.

Game isn't hard, but it's not a game that's going to give you its Platinum.

5/10 I think is a great score for this game, personally I can't see it being a 6/10. Like Zizimonster said, the "hardest" trophy in the game are the time trials, but these become a game of memorization (1-2 minutes) when you use a guide. I remember there being 1 where the time was really strict while majority of others being a little more lenient with a couple of seconds to spare.

The trophies pertaining to doing certain moves may seem hard but the controls are really intuitive so there shouldn't be any problems there. After those two groups of trophies the game becomes like any other list. The story, side stuff, collectables, and 2 online trophies aren't hard to do either. Without the trials these trophies alone would make the game a 3/10.

• Like 1

Compared to the first one this is way easier......... the mechanics this time are superb.........she actually does what you tell her to do.

The time trials are all achievable with a little practice, luckily they are mostly short so easy to remember.

The comment above from @SairenOne is so true.......Really really addictive 

Happy Gaming

Peace 

• Like 3

I still play the 2 ME games from time to time. Catalyst (ME2) is really easy, the time trials requirements leave plenty of room for error and the rest of the story is a cakewalk. I'm surprised you are actually NOT talking about ME1, which on the contrary is very demanding and takes hours and hours of practice to get 99 stars.

I didn't know Catalyst was a rare plat like you said but I guess it has something to do with the game being so cheap (the physical copy has been selling for 5$ and less for over 4 years) and being included in the EA+ or whatever subscription they offer. Some people must have tried the game and given up but definitely, by this website standards, I would say ME1 100% is a 8-9/10 and ME2 plat a 4-5/10.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
32 minutes ago, El_Shubi said:

I know I'm replying on an older thread, see this game is selling for $2 atm which is less than a coffee, was Abit concerned that it would be demanding and frustrating but reading all the comments looks like people enjoyed it, will give it a go 

For 2 bucks, you can't really go wrong, regardless of whether you get the platinum or not.  Just play it and enjoy it, and if you do get the plat, then so much the better.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El_Shubi said:

I know I'm replying on an older thread, see this game is selling for $2 atm which is less than a coffee, was Abit concerned that it would be demanding and frustrating but reading all the comments looks like people enjoyed it, will give it a go 

Oooo thanks for posting. Been interested in this since it came out but I was worried I wouldn't like it. Didn't know it was on sale... for 2 bucks, I'd say it's worth the risk, like @StewartBros said c: