2.08 Master Spirit Guide trophy skip/glitch/exploit

Thank you for all the advice and research. I have the platinum now. So happy!

I have vacation time and worked these last days to beat Master Spirit. It took me almost 20 hours just to get to the Woodsmith. After fighting the Rot God on Story Mode again, I’m so relieved I don’t have to do it on Master. I really love a challenge but the battle system and unresponsive controls really ruined the difficulty fun for me.

So I just replayed the entire game on story mode and it flew by. If you only focus on the story essential. It took around 3 to 5 hours. Then just followed your video, many thanks.

Time to go back to a surprisingly easier game than Master Spirit, Elden Ring ?

Edited by WhisperingDusk
  • Like 1

Worked great for me, I created a new Master Save ran through to the village an did the stair glitch. I made it to the tower for the checkpoint loaded my normal Mountain Save and pressed pause plus triangle three times to fade close to black and loaded my Master Save. The skip button was available the whole time and the trophy popped instantly. I agree the game was amazing but doing Master Difficulty legitimate just did not seem like a fair or balanced challenge.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

Can anyone confirm that this works for both versions? 

Yes.

A good friend of mine did this on his PS5 version while I was watching. It worked. And today I did it on my own PS4 version, it also worked.

Now I'm playing my PS5 version to get my second platinum before it might be fixed by a patch. Although that wouldn't be a big problem, you could get the disc version of the game at any time.

Both of us had some problems glitching ourselves around that tree to reach the stone stairs, I think it was around a thousand attempts ?

Just follow the video in the first post exactly, it will work.

• Like 1

Thank you very much mate, it worked fine.
The hardest part was the glitch around the tree. :D

I really love a challenge in Games, but this Mode is just a mess....i tried to learn the Parry in the Previous Playthrough but i had absolutly no chance, the timing is so horrible.

Sekíro and Elden were easy in comparison to that.....

• Like 1

On 27/04/2022 at 4:44 AM, nanakiisnanaki said:

I helped VER7UZ- get all set up for the glitch : )

I updated the original post to have all the info we figured out together and posted a video tutorial

You, and everyone else who contributed to finding this, are heroes!

I am so glad I checked this thread when I did, seen as I missed out on the last glitch when they patched it. I loved this game, but I didn't really want to have to go through it all again on such a punishing difficulty. Thank you!

• Like 2

You legend. I really dislike the attribute of glitching to cheese a trophy. However, with the dev's lack of input for a New Game+ and also purposely patching glitches for a difficulty mode that just doesn't suit the gameplay mechanics of this game, I'll happily take advantage f this. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, WestboundHero said:

You legend. I really dislike the attribute of glitching to cheese a trophy. However, with the dev's lack of input for a New Game+ and also purposely patching glitches for a difficulty mode that just doesn't suit the gameplay mechanics of this game, I'll happily take advantage f this. 

I don't understand this.  The Master difficulty is just fine.  The devs didn't have a lack of input or whatever master difficulty plays great.  Ng Plus usually in a lot of game is easier on hard than the normal play though on normal or easy.  Master difficulty is not hard at all.  I have no problem with people using exploits to get trophies I get it people are in a hurry to get the platinum and get on to the next game we're trophy hunters but it sounds more to me like you're making excuses for not wanting to put forth the effort.  I'm an average gamer and I beat the Master difficulty in just a few days with little problems.   It isn't hard people just hyped it up as being hard.  Sure some of the boss fights actually make you learn patterns but once you do they become easy.  Isn't this how boss fights are exposed to work?  Master difficulty was the fun part of this game not picking up a bunch of collectibles on easy.  People miss the entire point.   people were so mad they bought this kids game, by the looks of it, and then they had to actually work a bit for the platinum.   so what do they do give up and look for exploits  for something that isn't even that hard. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

I don't understand this.  The Master difficulty is just fine.  The devs didn't have a lack of input or whatever master difficulty plays great.  Ng Plus usually in a lot of game is easier on hard than the normal play though on normal or easy.  Master difficulty is not hard at all.  I have no problem with people using exploits to get trophies I get it people are in a hurry to get the platinum and get on to the next game we're trophy hunters but it sounds more to me like you're making excuses for not wanting to put forth the effort.  I'm an average gamer and I beat the Master difficulty in just a few days with little problems.   It isn't hard people just hyped it up as being hard.  Sure some of the boss fights actually make you learn patterns but once you do they become easy.  Isn't this how boss fights are exposed to work?  Master difficulty was the fun part of this game not picking up a bunch of collectibles on easy.  People miss the entire point.   people were so mad they bought this kids game, by the looks of it, and then they had to actually work a bit for the platinum.   so what do they do give up and look for exploits  for something that isn't even that hard. 

I get your point here and i'm totally on your side with most of it, but for me this Game was Harder than a lot of other games. I played on Expert at my first run to train for Master but i had absolutly no chance, the parry is so random in my opinion its not hard its just a pain. I like challenges but after the 20th fight against the same boss with one or two parrys that worked i was just pissed.
I also got nearly frustrated by the magican parry trophy xD
Maybe i'm too bad for this game, no idea normally a run in the hardest Mode is cool an i love it in other games but here.....just no.

On the one hand Sekiro without the Charm so you get chip damage with no perfect timed parry? No problem.
On the other hand i had to decrease the Expert difficulty on a lower because i just got mad, this game feels unfair and not like a challenge.

But its just my personal feeling in this specific game. :)

20 minutes ago, Durandart said:

I get your point here and i'm totally on your side with most of it, but for me this Game was Harder than a lot of other games. I played on Expert at my first run to train for Master but i had absolutly no chance, the parry is so random in my opinion its not hard its just a pain. I like challenges but after the 20th fight against the same boss with one or two parrys that worked i was just pissed.
I also got nearly frustrated by the magican parry trophy xD
Maybe i'm too bad for this game, no idea normally a run in the hardest Mode is cool an i love it in other games but here.....just no.

On the one hand Sekiro without the Charm so you get chip damage with no perfect timed parry? No problem.
On the other hand i had to decrease the Expert difficulty on a lower because i just got mad, this game feels unfair and not like a challenge.

But its just my personal feeling in this specific game. :)

yeah i get what you're saying I don't know why but this game just clicked for me.  I hated the play though on normal getting collectibles and just really started having fun on master.  for me I have more trouble with boss fights in Games like Sekiro than i had with this.  Maybe I'm improving since so many people are having trouble with it  but I sort of figured because of the way people hyped it to be so hard maybe people weren't giving it a fair chance.

26 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

yeah i get what you're saying I don't know why but this game just clicked for me.  I hated the play though on normal getting collectibles and just really started having fun on master.  for me I have more trouble with boss fights in Games like Sekiro than i had with this.  Maybe I'm improving since so many people are having trouble with it  but I sort of figured because of the way people hyped it to be so hard maybe people weren't giving it a fair chance.

I guess a lot of people (inkluding myself) didn't expect such a hard challenge in this game.
Like, if i start a From game i know it can be hard but its also a great feeling if you beat a hard boss, and it never feels really unfair because you die almost everytime to your own mistakes.
Here i thougt it would be a soft game but at the first big boss (wolf) i struggled on expert really hard and wouldnt say it was my mistake a lot of time, he was just crazy. xD

But like i said, its just my feeling in this game, the Movment and Gameplay just doesn't run so smooth for me to say its fair or was my mistake a lot of times, it feels just unfair.

I would have skipped this Platin, but with this i just thought "Why not".

2 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

?? sounds like you're salty that people are getting this within 5 minutes.

Edited by WestboundHero

Huge props to people who did/will do this legit!

If there were checkpoints in the Rot God fight I wouldn’t have even gone looking for this but that Wood Knight before the 3rd phase made me reset a few too many times xD

I’m so glad it’s working for everyone! ^^

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WestboundHero said:

1f602.png1f602.png sounds like you're salty that people are getting this within 5 minutes.

nah it's just not that hard is all.  People got it with exploits back before i played it and i knew about that it didn't bother me it's just you're making excuses that don't make any sense.  1st you say that you don't like using exploits and then you proceed to say it's ok because this game was too tough.  I think to myself that your bar for not using exploits isn't set too high.  In other words it's just a bunch of bullshit you really have no or very little desire in not using exploits that was just a disclaimer to make it sound like you got some sort of morals in your gaming when in reality you will give up and resort to a cheat without a 2nd thought if something is challenging you.  

I even so much as said people using exploits doesn't bother me it's just you contradicted yourself. If you really hated resorting to exploit then this game is hardly the challenge that should have broke you.  It's completely doable to achieve this in a legitimate way for even an average gamer within a realitivly short time frame a day or two.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, emailking said:

I did it legit (except the final boss exploit), but now I'm tempted to get the PS4 version and do an easy run lol. Even if they patch it, the Physical version should be good.

I think the physical versions since they released months after the digital actually come pre patched with a version after the original exploit was patched

8 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

nah it's just not that hard is all.  People got it with exploits back before i played it and i knew about that it didn't bother me it's just you're making excuses that don't make any sense.  1st you say that you don't like using exploits and then you proceed to say it's ok because this game was too tough.  I think to myself that your bar for not using exploits isn't set too high.  In other words it's just a bunch of bullshit you really have no or very little desire in not using exploits that was just a disclaimer to make it sound like you got some sort of morals in your gaming when in reality you will give up and resort to a cheat without a 2nd thought if something is challenging you.  

I even so much as said people using exploits doesn't bother me it's just you contradicted yourself. If you really hated resorting to exploit then this game is hardly the challenge that should have broke you.  It's completely doable to achieve this in a legitimate way for even an average gamer within a realitivly short time frame a day or two.

Tl;dr. I hope it's good news for you though. Out here typing paragraphs for something that doesn't bother you ??

Edited by WestboundHero
  • Like 1

I personally would of been more than happy to of played through the game again on master difficulty providing if they added a new game plus option.

I really didn't want to collect everything again after i'd done this on my first run through. I'm certainly not opposed to hard / challenging games (I've played & platted many) especially games with steep learning curves, however this mode did feel incredibly unfair in places and many of the parries would only work say 1 in 10 times. 

Personal opinion as I know there is a huge division within the trophy community, but other peoples trophies don't affect me. Let people play and platinum what they want in the way they can. 

12 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

I think the physical versions since they released months after the digital actually come pre patched with a version after the original exploit was patched

But they'll work with the new glitch if what I'm saying.

Works like a charm got platinum right now. God bless you my friend for discover this "glitch" i only waste 5 minutes for out of bound is not simple then i look, but after a couple of try is doable 

Edited by Neme-ita
  • Like 1