Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

10 hours ago, JusttJD said:

Sooo, any guesses for the next DLC trophies for the next Sumeru Regions?

A trophy for something oddball in the open world, like the Yamada Go's Wooden Mallet trophy in the second Inazuma set would be interesting. Or even one for a small easily missed side quest like the Second Blooming trophy would be good, so far it's just been the 'main' side quest chain in each region that gets a trophy.

Not sure we'll be getting the max statue and tree trophies till 3.6 at the earliest since they won't be obtainable till then anyways. I do like that they're making all the Sumeru regions part of a cohesive whole, unlike Inazuma where Tsurumi Island and Enkanomiya are superfluous.

So, New Area as expected (I thought already in 3.3 but better they waited) and Kequin's Dendro version, Al haitam it's identical xD Not that i mind, i love kequing! Still this Kinda helps? I would like to find him but with hu Tao and Shene in the banner i already want them and so i'll probably pass him. 

YaoYao Sadly doesn't look like a great healer, seems like she will need an Anemo to either make the character or the enemy hit her stuff which at that point, eh.... Hopefully i'm wrong.

The new Sword seems sooo strong for EM sword character, which i mean, mostly Al haitam but i would like to have it even just for Kequing, in an Aggrevate team it would be great i think :hmm:

Oh, i just saw YaoYao burst, even that looks dissapointing, mostly for the duration it seems super short :( 

Anyway if it wasn't already obious it's confirmed that a Free lyue character can be obtained in the Rite like the previous years, YaoYao included.

@Leon Castle Congrats on Faruzan! And It's already Leaked that Beidou and Klee will come as new card in 3.4 so i guess they'll put a 5 and a 4 star one for update, hopefully.

Meanwhile, Got my Hu Tao R2 to Lv10 and the Attack to 8, working towards 9 already, i'm gonna have her 10/10 hopefully for January and get her C1 so Finallyu i can use her and have a lot of fun without walking around after 3-4 charged :P 

Spoiler

0HF6JnX.jpg

• Like 3

Got all trophies that I could do, so I'm done with Genshin for the time being again. (apart from the weekly log-ins for the reputation quests.)

Think I'll pop in again after 3.6 when the 4th region of Sumeru is going to be introduced, and with that the rest of the trophies.

Saved up 75 fates, so I'm also going to try my luck on Raiden in a couple weeks. (Halfway to pity right now.)

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, JusttJD said:

Got all trophies that I could do, so I'm done with Genshin for the time being again. (apart from the weekly log-ins for the reputation quests.)

Think I'll pop in again after 3.6 when the 4th region of Sumeru is going to be introduced, and with that the rest of the trophies.

Saved up 75 fates, so I'm also going to try my luck on Raiden in a couple weeks. (Halfway to pity right now.)

I think you mean 3.4 and that's next patch, since according to some leaks we are getting a new Sumeru area in the desert.

Luck was with me this patch since I pulled Scara in the first 10 pulls and 30 pulls later Faruzan came. I would go for Itto as well, but then I won't have any Primos left for Ayato. Out of the 6 characters I am missing, it is so frustrating that 2 of them came during the same patch.

Edited by ZOLANTON

9 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

I think you mean 3.4 and that's next patch, since according to some leaks we are getting a new Sumeru area in the desert.

Luck was with me this patch since I pulled Scara in the first 10 pulls and 30 pulls later Faruzan came. I would go for Itto as well, but then I won't have any Primos left for Ayato. Out of the 6 characters I am missing, it is so frustrating that 2 of them came during the same patch.

There are going to be 4 Sumeru regions in total. (according to the leaks.)
3.4 will be the third one and 3.6 will be the fourth one.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just downloaded this on PS5 and its already on version 3.3, any advice for a newcomer just looking to play the story and possibly go for the platinum? 

How easy/hard and time consuming is it now? I'm going to imagine there are changes each update which could lead to parts of the guide being outdated  

I have no intention of spending a penny on the game and if hit a wall where I need to I'll just end up dropping the game  

3 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

any advice for a newcomer just looking to play the story and possibly go for the platinum?

Loot everything that is lootable(not specifically going out of your way, but if it is in the way - take it, you'll probably need it later).

Don't spend Primogems on anything but Intertwined Fates. In about a 8 days or so there will be an event banner where you can wish for a Raiden Shogun, who is one of the best units in the whole game. I would recommend to wait with spending your primos and intertwined fates till then. Just get used to the game now.

You can spend acquainted fates as soon as you get them.

9 minutes ago, Thomas2400 said:

I have no intention of spending a penny on the game and if hit a wall where I need to I'll just end up dropping the game  

You won't need ever need to specifically spend any money. There are people on youtube who clear the hardest content in the game only using free 4* star characters and 3* weapons. But it will still take some time to gear them properly regardless of who you use.

Also, don't try to level up everyone you have. It's better to have one strong party in the early game.

• Like 2

Bit of a weird update here, it seems I must have played at some point and totally forgot as the game just loaded me into the world and I have quests and a few levels 

Is there anyway I can restart the game, I'm not going to have a clue how anything works or what the story is so far, so it'll be harder to just carry on like this 

18 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

Is there anyway I can restart the game, I'm not going to have a clue how anything works or what the story is so far, so it'll be harder to just carry on like this 

If you only have a few levels it is fine. Just go with the flow there is nothing really important at the very beginning. You probably just played around a couple of hours. The progress is tied to PSN Account. I do not know of a way to start anew unless contacting game support. 

You can re-read quest dialogue in an archive.

Edited by Akrioz

Thanks for the advice guys, turn out I was only about an hour in so I just watched someone plays through the start on youtube until they reached the quests in my quests log 

I do have one question/concern though, how will I know which characters to go for when using the currency on wishes? and does it really matter?

I'm guessing there will be an optimal set of characters and weapons that make things easier but can the spiral abyss be beaten with any 8 characters (this is pretty much the only thing on the trophy list that concerns me) as long as they are decently levelled and given some good equipment 

Right now I've got 5 options in the wishes menu, Novice wishes, character events wish 1 and 2, weapon event wish and standard wish

I'm still pretty early so just going to use the starting characters, but I'm guessing eventually I'll want to be using wishes 

Edited by Thomas2400

7 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

how will I know which characters to go for when using the currency on wishes? and does it really matter?

From the meta perspective I would say that the most important ones are Kazuha, Raiden Shogun(she will get a banner in 5 days), Nahida and Yelan(will be on banner in February, second half of 3.4). Zhongli is up there also because he is the best shielder and makes gameplay more comfortable. But not everyone opts for a shield.  

Kazuha is an ultimate elemental support who shreds enemy resistance to elemental damage and buffs the same the same element. Also - groups enemies together. 

Raiden Shogun is great all-around. She deals a lot of damage and restores team energy with her burst. She provides consistent Electro damage and application while being off field. 

Nahida is the best Dendro(new element introduced in 3.0) application in the game. She enables pretty much all Dendro-related teams in the game and makes them easy to run and powerful, while also dealing damage off-field. She can be substituted, but the next best option is Dendro Main Character and it says a lot.

Yelan is great off-field hydro damage dealer. Paired with Xingqiu they are such a strong core for you team that they can carry by themselves. 

But at the end of the day you can always just wish on whoever you like visually or from a gameplay perspective. But the ones I listed pretty universally regarded as a high value pull

7 hours ago, Thomas2400 said:

can the spiral abyss be beaten with any 8 characters (this is pretty much the only thing on the trophy list that concerns me) as long as they are decently levelled and given some good equipment 

Yes, it can be beaten only using free units that the game gives you. But you'll have more anyway. 

One more piece of advice: There will be an event in 3.4 that will let you choose any of Liyue 4* charactes - pick Xingqiu. Other options are not worth considering if you don't have him.

Edited by Akrioz
  • Like 4

I finally decided to stop being lazy and beat Spiral Abyss.  Made an important self-discovery.  This entire time I thought I was a Yoimiya main, but turns out I was a Kokomi main.  Take her away and I forget how to play.  But seriously, she does support my usual build in other games of putting everything into HP.

Also kind of annoyed at myself.  I spent all this time and built up Nahida, Mona, and Jean and I didn't even use them on Floor 12.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, Thomas2400 said:

Right now I've got 5 options in the wishes menu, Novice wishes, character events wish 1 and 2, weapon event wish and standard wish

You might as well use up the novice wishes; they're discounted and guarantee a Noelle, who is useful when you're starting out.

I wouldn't sleep on the classic Mondstadt characters. I'm free to play. With the Ocean-Hued artifact set and an HP% weapon, Barbara is tanky enough to keep my team safe. With the Husk set for Noelle and a DEF% weapon, she can shield and take a few hits while providing backup support. I leveled them both to 70 and still find them useful in running level 90 domains.

Just don't let the streamers fool you into thinking there's only one good team or a character you must pull for. I thought that was the case with Yoimiya. She's an awesome DPS, true, but the right team can do just fine.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Doctor Completion said:

I wouldn't sleep on the classic Mondstadt characters. I'm free to play. With the Ocean-Hued artifact set and an HP% weapon, Barbara is tanky enough to keep my team safe. With the Husk set for Noelle and a DEF% weapon, she can shield and take a few hits while providing backup support. I leveled them both to 70 and still find them useful in running level 90 domains.

Just don't let the streamers fool you into thinking there's only one good team or a character you must pull for. I thought that was the case with Yoimiya. She's an awesome DPS, true, but the right team can do just fine.

Indeed,

There are two characters that I have used since the first day of playing.

1. Noelle

2. Yelan

Those are the only 2 that I use 99% of the time, only switching out if the Abyss requires it.

I'm making my part to be part of the meta, I don't make my party so I can have the best of everything and great synergies, nope.

The four people in my party are the characters that I like the most.

Klee - Yelan - Nahida - Noelle.

The party that I ultimately want to have though is.

Eula - Shenhe - Raiden - Dehya (0 out of 4 currently in my roster. :P )

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

Little bit of spoiler (and late), according to some leaks we will soon know the Harbingers' rankings. Quite a few story and character spoilers below, so beware.

Spoiler

Pierro is the director and not part of the Harbingers. The guy seemingly in charge of them and the one playing chess in the video where they were revealed.

1) Capitano. The guy with the faceless mask. The leaks mention he is the most powerful being in Teyvat (maybe aside from Archons). In charge of the army.

2) Dottore. Already revealed in Sumeru, has become a little weaker thanks to Nahida.

3) Columbina. The girl singing at Signora's coffin. Childe is wary and even afraid/creeped of her.

4) Arlecchino. The "Evil Eula". In charge of the spying system.

5) Pulcinella. The little goblin-like character, Mayor of Shneshnaya.

6) Scaramouche (now empty). Deleted himself from history, now his seat is apparently empty for hundreds of years.

7) Sandrone. The woman sitting on a Ruin Guard. Hard to imagine she was stronger than Signora! We'll probably meet her in Fontaine.

8) Signora (now empty). RIP

9) Pantalone. The banker. Probably based in Liyue? Hopefully, we'll see him in an Interlude with Yelan and co.

10) EMPTY Biggest surprise I think.

11) Childe. The madlad.

Edited by ZOLANTON

Went for Ayato and got him in one 10x pull. Last time that happened was on Ganyu's first banner

7c61cAgh.jpg

Only one of the lads released so far that I wanted mostly due to his Elemental Skill that turns him into Hydro Vergil.

Since Version 3.5 will have Dehya, I skip version 3.4's banners. If Alhaitham's gameplay is fun and/or cool then I wait for for his rerun banner and hope it's not too close to future new characters like Focalors etc.

If the leaks are true then Version 3 will be as long as Version 2 was(2.0 to 2.8) but at least the final 5* will be from Fontaine and be Hydro Claymore(hope the first 5* Fontaine character is female as the first 5* character for both Inazuma and Sumeru was a male character). Just gotta wait and see what's after Version 3.5(or the version that Dendro Liyue Doctor is added as a playable character).

• Like 3

Today a load of the Fontaine character designs have leaked, just like it did for Sumeru. Once again I'm underwhelmed with the character designs apart from one who is suspected to be the hydro archon. I think Hoyoverse are getting really lazy with the design choices of the characters.. So many hats on these Fontaine characters LOL!

What I also find funny is the timing of the leaks. Genshin Impact is so stale right now with boring events, no interesting characters releasing anytime soon and Sumeru story finished no one is really talking about the game. Alot of the Sumeru hype has cooled off with the release of the region, dendro element, Nahida and Scaramooche. Youtube content creators are rarely posting videos with some CCs not even posting Genshin content at all.

I personally believe that this leak surge is an inside job to draw in interest since people have nothing to talk about with Genshin Impact. Rather than potentially  risk losing players since its getting boring and Fontaine is along way to go to keep players engaged with the game. I think that this is their strategy and people will fool for it. Only for so long new characters can keep people interested before they realise it's an empty world with little to do and weak non entertaining events.....

I apologise for the little rant and it's probably a very unpopular opinion but it's how i feel. Also data is out there that backs my statement that interest in the game is dropping with YouTube content creators viewership down from what it was a few months ago, 2.0 release and even the launch of the game. I like Genshin Impact but it's failing to keep me interested and simply don't want to quit because I want to see it through, but it is boring at the moment.