Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Today a load of the Fontaine character designs have leaked, just like it did for Sumeru. Once again I'm underwhelmed with the character designs apart from one who is suspected to be the hydro archon. I think Hoyoverse are getting really lazy with the design choices of the characters.. So many hats on these Fontaine characters LOL!

What I also find funny is the timing of the leaks. Genshin Impact is so stale right now with boring events, no interesting characters releasing anytime soon and Sumeru story finished no one is really talking about the game. Alot of the Sumeru hype has cooled off with the release of the region, dendro element, Nahida and Scaramooche. Youtube content creators are rarely posting videos with some CCs not even posting Genshin content at all.

I personally believe that this leak surge is an inside job to draw in interest since people have nothing to talk about with Genshin Impact. Rather than potentially  risk losing players since its getting boring and Fontaine is along way to go to keep players engaged with the game. I think that this is their strategy and people will fool for it. Only for so long new characters can keep people interested before they realise it's an empty world with little to do and weak non entertaining events.....

I apologise for the little rant and it's probably a very unpopular opinion but it's how i feel. Also data is out there that backs my statement that interest in the game is dropping with YouTube content creators viewership down from what it was a few months ago, 2.0 release and even the launch of the game. I like Genshin Impact but it's failing to keep me interested and simply don't want to quit because I want to see it through, but it is boring at the moment.

It is the nature of the game. I like that there are chill periods, during which I simply log in to do the dailies for 10-15 minutes and then I go play something else. It was like that a couple months before 2.0 and also from 2.5 - 3.0. They will be adding small tidbits every now and then a la Chasm. I don't expect constant action for 5-6 years.

I just saw the leaks, apart from some very low-res images, the rest do seem bland indeed. But that is the alpha state, I remember when Shenhe and Kazuha were first leaked, everyone was saying how boring they looked (Kazuha was just recolored Aether then). But the finished product is so much better, so I will wait for them to be properly shown.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Today a load of the Fontaine character designs have leaked, just like it did for Sumeru. Once again I'm underwhelmed with the character designs apart from one who is suspected to be the hydro archon. I think Hoyoverse are getting really lazy with the design choices of the characters.. So many hats on these Fontaine characters LOL!

What I also find funny is the timing of the leaks. Genshin Impact is so stale right now with boring events, no interesting characters releasing anytime soon and Sumeru story finished no one is really talking about the game. Alot of the Sumeru hype has cooled off with the release of the region, dendro element, Nahida and Scaramooche. Youtube content creators are rarely posting videos with some CCs not even posting Genshin content at all.

I personally believe that this leak surge is an inside job to draw in interest since people have nothing to talk about with Genshin Impact. Rather than potentially  risk losing players since its getting boring and Fontaine is along way to go to keep players engaged with the game. I think that this is their strategy and people will fool for it. Only for so long new characters can keep people interested before they realise it's an empty world with little to do and weak non entertaining events.....

I apologise for the little rant and it's probably a very unpopular opinion but it's how i feel. Also data is out there that backs my statement that interest in the game is dropping with YouTube content creators viewership down from what it was a few months ago, 2.0 release and even the launch of the game. I like Genshin Impact but it's failing to keep me interested and simply don't want to quit because I want to see it through, but it is boring at the moment.

Basing your opinion on 2D art assets of characters so far away they probably don't have 3D models yet is pretty silly, they'll change dozens of times between now and the launch of Fontaine in eight months time.

Youtube content creators are barely real people, they're certainly not real fans or indicative of the 60 million strong playerbase. The only metric MHY cares about is revenue, and based on the (limited) data we have on that the last two patches have had three of the best performing banners in the games entire history (Nahida is #1 and the current Raiden rerun is #2).

As for upcoming characters, to each their own, but Alhaitham and Dehya are pretty highly anticipated characters, and they're both launching with a new 4*. This is a far cry from 2.2 where all we got was Thoma. If that plus two new regions in the next three patches isn't enough content for you, maybe you're not built for the live service model. Play something else for six months and come back when Sumeru's finished and Fontaine is about to begin.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

I don't see Genshin as a game that you should play every single day for the coming 5/7 years.

(Apart from doing the dailies, but I'm doing those from my phone.)

I wait till a new region has been implemented, and just treat is as a standalone game.

Enjoy the new region, complete it... and, then just wait till the next one is implemented.

All those mini-games, mini-events.

Unless they have a little bit of a story, or are like the Lantern Rite & Summer Island Event, I'll skip those.

With Fontaine, I'm actually going to wait till the region is 100% implemented.

So, not play each sub-region like I've been doing with Sumeru.

The thing that does make me feel tired of Genshin, are the long quests without any voice acting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind having to read a lot of texts. (I'm a big fan of old school RPG's, so... everything was text in there.)
But, if you have such incredible voice acting during some quests, and then nothing during some others, it's such a huge difference for me.

It goes from something that I'm loving every second of it, to something that I have to force myself through.

And, that is really a shame.

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

Damnit!!! Give me a Shenhe/Eula Banner!!!

Also, my C2 Raiden isn't happening this banner.

First round, I pulled her in the 78th wish...

And, now in the second round, I'm already 77 wishes in towards the 50/50. (And, completely out of fates and primo's)

So, unless a miracle happens, it ain't going to happen.

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 2

Almost done completing Inazuma, 2 more trophies and Im all done today I guess! 3 more toki alley 5 and last day of visit to ms npc Kaoru? they are easy! Currently joining to random players just to fish on their world?

Edit: It s easier to fish using cellphone?

Edit: Done for the toki alley. 3hours more to go for the last trophy?

Screenshot-20230107-132522-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

Edited by ReverzerO-
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

I see someone already posted the codes from the livestream above. 1f440.png

Oh yeah sorry I now realized that you usually post them. It was just that after spending the last few weeks grinding just so that I could get Raiden as soon as I saw the livestream codes giving 300 primos out I thought I have to post them asap for anyone still trying to get her before they expire.
After opening all those 2 primogems common chests 300 primogems feels like a lottery win ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dany_lele95 said:

Oh yeah sorry I now realized that you usually post them. It was just that after spending the last few weeks grinding just so that I could get Raiden as soon as I saw the livestream codes giving 300 primos out I thought I have to post them asap for anyone still trying to get her before they expire.
After opening all those 2 primogems common chests 300 primogems feels like a lottery win 1f604.png

Haha, it's fine. You and anyone else are more than welcome to post new codes in here. Time is of the essence after all! And yeah, I know what you mean. Getting 300 primos is a nice extra boost, especially to those of us who are mostly (if not entirely) free to play. ? I only found out about the HoYoLAB daily check-ins you can do a few months back and I'm kicking myself that I wasn't doing them sooner since it's an extra 60 primos every month for free. It adds up!

• Like 2

On 6/1/2023 at 3:48 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I managed to get Raiden in her latest rerun, but it took a lot of pulls. I'm pretty broke now though when it comes to primos, so chances are I won't be able to get Hu Tao to C1 unless I get super lucky (or spend a lot of money). ? I would also like to get Yelan since I missed her last time around and I'm in need of a good hydro character... Like damn, at least give me a chance to start saving again, miHoYo. ?

Unless Dehya is a Super Pyro Unit i absolutely advise you try for Yelan, it's such a Massive off field Dps that works perfectly with many units (Like Hu tao and Raiden you have) that i have to recommend getting it :) 

For me 3.4 will be Saving update, thankfully. 

I'll only buy the Ayaka skin because BOY it's GORGEOUS! :wub:

For the Character, Al Haitamn seems fun but i'll wait a Rerun no hurry for Dendro Kequing; Xiao Ugh why the fuck him again, i'm so pissed and sad like many others that Shene after 1 years it's still to not be seen, i want her for my Ayaka team and nothing at all. For Yelan i'm fine with her base and Hu tao i'll see, it depends on Dehya's kit and The 3.5 Banner if i'm gonna try Hu tao C1 or not. Probably not since i hope Dehya is good and Shene/Eula or Ayaka one of them it's in the 3.5.

PS: I Managed this time to 36 star the Abyss! Turns out who the fucks need the Geo comp for second half when you have Bloom :awesome: 

I'll Leave the video with my attempt and Characters/Builds here

Spoiler

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

Unless Dehya is a Super Pyro Unit i absolutely advise you try for Yelan, it's such a Massive off field Dps that works perfectly with many units (Like Hu tao and Raiden you have) that i have to recommend getting it :) 

For me 3.4 will be Saving update, thankfully. 

I'll only buy the Ayaka skin because BOY it's GORGEOUS! :wub:

For the Character, Al Haitamn seems fun but i'll wait a Rerun no hurry for Dendro Kequing; Xiao Ugh why the fuck him again, i'm so pissed and sad like many others that Shene after 1 years it's still to not be seen, i want her for my Ayaka team and nothing at all. For Yelan i'm fine with her base and Hu tao i'll see, it depends on Dehya's kit and The 3.5 Banner if i'm gonna try Hu tao C1 or not. Probably not since i hope Dehya is good and Shene/Eula or Ayaka one of them it's in the 3.5.

PS: I Managed this time to 36 star the Abyss! Turns out who the fucks need the Geo comp for second half when you have Bloom :awesome: 

I'll Leave the video with my attempt and Characters/Builds here

Reveal hidden contents

You'd recommend pulling for Yelan over trying to get Hu Tao to C1? Since their banners are going to be up at the same time, it will have to be a choice between one and the other. Even then though, I probably won't be able to get either due to me having no pity or 5* guarantee.

I figure Yelan could work in this new team I'm building that consists of Nahida, Raiden, and Xingqiu. I bet with her it could be capable of some pretty crazy damage. Survivability will probably be lacking though due to no dedicated healer, so maybe Kokomi would work better in that 4th slot if I can get her next time she has a rerun. I'm still using my team focused around Hu Tao at the moment though while I build up this other team, and I know you need two good teams for the abyss anyway, so improving her damage output wouldn't be a waste.

Ayaka's new outfit is cute. Honestly though, it could do with having a bit more skin exposed. I like getting to see her legs in her default outfit. ? ?

Nice work with the Abyss! ? One day I'll get my bloom team up and running, I swear. ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Undead Wolf said:

You'd recommend pulling for Yelan over trying to get Hu Tao to C1? Since their banners are going to be up at the same time, it will have to be a choice between one and the other. Even then though, I probably won't be able to get either due to me having no pity or 5* guarantee.

I figure Yelan could work in this new team I'm building that consists of Nahida, Raiden, and Xingqiu. I bet with her it could be capable of some pretty crazy damage. Survivability will probably be lacking though due to no dedicated healer, so maybe Kokomi would work better in that 4th slot if I can get her next time she has a rerun. I'm still using my team focused around Hu Tao at the moment though while I build up this other team, and I know you need two good teams for the abyss anyway, so improving her damage output wouldn't be a waste.

Ayaka's new outfit is cute. Honestly though, it could do with having a bit more skin exposed. I like getting to see her legs in her default outfit. 1f440.png 1f61d.png

Nice work with the Abyss! 1f601.png One day I'll get my bloom team up and running, I swear. 1f61b.png

Overall i would Say Yelan for versability, as said she works on a lot of teams and it's really strong even at C0 while hu tao it's a nice big stamina help but you can do without if you wanna, i don't know if you have Yoimiya but if yes, boy Yelan + Yoimiya is a Devstating combo! 

Well you can always try, you get her? Wonderful, you lose? At least Dehya or who you want next is guranteed, no? :) 

In that team Which i gues sit's Hyperbloom based) she would be a better Xinqiu, a lot better xD I Mean, best girls it's best in every team after all :wub: In that team i would recommend who you want as the Healer anyway since the Hyperbloom core it's mostly there, so use the best one you have i guess ;) Well Hu Tao is always a strong character and so a team based on her is always a good one! The Hyperbloom you are working on it's not bad either, dont' know how strong it is but should be really good!

Eh no with her i disagree :P She's an Elegant character it would just be strange more exposure like it would with somebody as "free" as Yoimiya. Plus you See even more of the legs in the costume if that's the problem xD 

Thanks! I should just Ignore trying to use my Geo Team, it's not Up there for now. I hope you have Nilou because she's the Core of the Bloom comp, without it's not the same speed and damage wise ;) 

• Like 2

On 12/25/2022 at 11:19 AM, JusttJD said:

Noelle is always useful!

Thought I was done with her forever... nope, here I am now still using her to bonk those stupid golden wolf skulls....

On 1/7/2023 at 2:52 PM, Undead Wolf said:

The difference is versatility. Hu Tao is very good if you make her the head of her own crew and give her XQ or another strong hydro applier as her personal property. But Yelan is very good with many configurations, many reactions, many elements.

Edited by rdhight
  • Like 1

Going for Alhaitham but if I miss the 50/50 on him, I'll focus on Yelan instead. I need her for my Hu Tao team. I was thinking of Hu Tao - Zhongli - Xinqiu and replace Albedo with Yelan. Plus I can always put Yelan in Raiden or Ayaka team to mix things up, since Albedo will always have a spot in Hu Tao's team.

• Like 1

Finally i sit down and checked and worked on the Artefacts i had and Find 3 Crio one that are A LOT better for My Ayaka! NOW my Ayaka has really good stats and is ready fro her new costume in 3 days :3 

I also found 2 new AMAZING ATK% artifacts, i gave one (The Emblem one) to Ayaka and the one Ayaka had (Shimenawa with 27% Crit Damage) i gave it to Yoimiya improving her too. The other one is free slot for now but plenty of Character needing an ATK% Sand so it's great to have it :D 

I'll here the 2 pieces i worked on and my New Ayaka and Yoimiya, Before Ayaka had 52% Crit rate and 197% Crit Damage. (She had a 11% Def and a 25% Hp pieces...)

Spoiler

Hu940xr.jpg

nLFgvsN.jpg

dbo61rb.jpg

dbo61rb.jpg

Talking about the Incoming update, i'll probably skip all the banners here (Especially if the announce Either Eula or Shene for the 3.5 and Dehaya is good, otherwise i'll try Either Yelan or Hu tao C1) but i'm curious about the event, last rite was fun and with a great story so i hope for the same, and the new Main story actually has an interesting character as Al haitam in it so i'm really curious (even if i guess i'll have to force myself through the 3.3 story ugh) 

Edited by Sora9427
  • Like 3

On 2023-01-13 at 8:27 AM, ZOLANTON said:

Going for Alhaitham but if I miss the 50/50 on him, I'll focus on Yelan instead. I need her for my Hu Tao team. I was thinking of Hu Tao - Zhongli - Xinqiu and replace Albedo with Yelan. Plus I can always put Yelan in Raiden or Ayaka team to mix things up, since Albedo will always have a spot in Hu Tao's team.

Double Hydro Hu Tao is her best team, it's incredibly strong

On 06/01/2023 at 5:36 AM, tomhannay said:

Youtube content creators are barely real people, they're certainly not real fans or indicative of the 60 million strong playerbase. The only metric MHY cares about is revenue, and based on the (limited) data we have on that the last two patches have had three of the best performing banners in the games entire history (Nahida is #1 and the current Raiden rerun is #2).

"Youtube Content Creators are barely real people" Did you really type this? What are they half human, half robot? LMFAO! This post here is what a Hoyoverse white knight looks like.

60 million users and how many of them are active? With account rerolling, people have multiple accounts, different region accounts, how many of the 60 million users which you can't prove are active are still playing the game? YT content creators stopped covering the game because viewership was declining, meaning least people were looking up content on the game less interest... Even Genshin Impact on google search the metric has dropped in the few months after 3.0.

Just because Raiden and Nahida banners sold well means nothing because 1. They are Archons 2. Have meta kits 3. Have powerful C2s.. So of course it's going to be high, and high sales don't equal high playerbase. It's just means the players that still around are spending more, with how powerful both their C2s are I understand why.

I got respectful responses from the other two guys which I agree with some parts and some parts I don't. But this post here was completely obnoxoius that I had to reply. I still like the game and I understand that it's more casual play but I'm going say how I feel.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

This post here is what a Hoyoverse white knight looks like.

There's really not much I can say to someone who thinks personal insults are an acceptable response to an amicable post about a videogame's performance. Have a nice day.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tomhannay said:

There's really not much I can say to someone who thinks personal insults are an acceptable response to an amicable post about a videogame's performance. Have a nice day.

That's funny because all I called you was obnoxious and a white knight...

Anyway moving on from this discussion, at least 3.4 is coming up so it's something to do for a bit with a new area in Sumeru.

Since I got lucky and got Dilluc 3 wishes after getting Raiden and am therefore guaranteed the next pull to be the event character I wanted to ask for help choosing who I should pull for next.

I kinda want Yelan simply cause I like her the most out of the upcoming 4 banners but I also want to finally go ahead and beat the abyss and I'm not sure if another hydro character is what I should go for as I already have Tartaglia.

My main problem is the second team, first team is Raiden, Xiangling, Bennett and Xinqiu and they cleared most stuff easy. But with the second team I kept running out of time in chamber 11-3.

(And if I can't even beat 11, then 12 is definitely going to destroy me ? )

I tried teams with Tartaglia, Qiqi, Beidou, Traveler(Electro and Dendro), Sara, Rosaria and Dilluc. Some of them are clearly underleveled for this task but I'm just not sure yet who I should build and don't want to waste reisin.

My characters: Spoiler

Spoiler

nBVXOEz.png

I'm grateful for any help.

2 hours ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

"Youtube Content Creators are barely real people" Did you really type this? What are they half human, half robot? LMFAO! This post here is what a Hoyoverse white knight looks like.

I think what he meant by the comment was the fact that nowadays a decent amount of content creators aren't in it because they enjoy it but simply because of the money and are putting on a persona to maximise their earnings but don't actually care about the games or their viewers, hence the "barely real people" part. I mean just look at the amount of YouTubers and  Twitch-Streamers scamming children without remorse. I also think you're reading more animosity into his post than is actually there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Imagine keeping it going and making excuses for others after I said I'm moving on from the discussion...

I typed that out before you replied, I was just struggling to make the image in the spoiler work which is why by the time I ended up submitting you already had that post up sorry.

And the image somehow still isn't working lol I got no clue wtf I'm doing wrong

Just now, dany_lele95 said:

I typed that out before you replied, I was just struggling to make the image in the spoiler work which is why by the time I ended up submitting you already had that post up sorry.

And the image somehow still isn't working lol I got no clue wtf I'm doing wrong

You get notified when a new reply comes in...

52 minutes ago, dany_lele95 said:

Since I got lucky and got Dilluc 3 wishes after getting Raiden and am therefore guaranteed the next pull to be the event character I wanted to ask for help choosing who I should pull for next.

I kinda want Yelan simply cause I like her the most out of the upcoming 4 banners but I also want to finally go ahead and beat the abyss and I'm not sure if another hydro character is what I should go for as I already have Tartaglia.

My main problem is the second team, first team is Raiden, Xiangling, Bennett and Xinqiu and they cleared most stuff easy. But with the second team I kept running out of time in chamber 11-3.

(And if I can't even beat 11, then 12 is definitely going to destroy me 1f604.png )

I tried teams with Tartaglia, Qiqi, Beidou, Traveler(Electro and Dendro), Sara, Rosaria and Dilluc. Some of them are clearly underleveled for this task but I'm just not sure yet who I should build and don't want to waste reisin.

My characters: Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

nBVXOEz.png

I'm grateful for any help.

The second team is definitely scuffed. Beidou without Fischl and/or a ton ER to battery her burst won't do much for you. Qiqi is a healer, not much else to say. I would look into using Raiden hyperbloom, as it is low investment friendly. A good F2P team to run would be Raiden (Full EM), Barbara, DMC, and last spot is kinda flexible. National without Raiden will still be strong enough to clear first half imo, you can still pull for Yelan and use her in that team if you want. Just need to manage your ER a bit more. You seem to be lacking an anemo buffer/ CC, so definitely be on the lookout for either Sucrose and/or Kazuha rerun banner sometime in the future. You can't go wrong pulling any of the remaining Archons as well (Nahida especially). Lastly, I wouldn't be in a rush to clear Abyss, as you will eventually get strong enough clear it with pulling the characters you like and have the most fun with, which is what I believe is the best use of your primos.

Edited by Whitelightnin683
  • Like 2