Post a luck-based/random trophy you earned.

Revvie

Have you ever earned a luck-based/random trophy? Tell us how you got it.

Here some of mine:

Borderlands 2

35Sd2b710.png

Cute Loot
Killed a Chubby

I found a Chubby Skag at Arid Nexus-Badlands at Normal Mode.

Plants Vs. Zombies

33Sb17a50.png

Lucky Spin
Get 3 of a kind in Slot Machine

2 spins then I got the trophy. Lucky me.

Gran Turismo 6

45S096b9c.png

Three of a Kind
Register a lap record where the three digits after the decimal point are the same.

I forgot what car I used but the track has a pier(I also forgot the race track).

Persona 4 Golden

29Sc2a786.png

Lucky Me!
Win a prize from the vending machine

I have like 50 sodas until I got this trophy.

Persona 4 Golden

18S9f3e99.png

Hardcore Risette Fan
Hear 250 of Rise's navigation lines

Famous one, I got it from my 3rd playthrough on Yomotsu Hirasaka.

• Like 2

Final Fantasy XIII-2 has a story-essential item that can only be found by playing a slot machine. A goddamn slot machine.

Wait, I got a better one, in Assassin's Creed IV on the PS4: 

42S020983.png Sharing Is Caring: Share each type of discovery with friends once.

Most people are having trouble with this one, as the thread where people are reporting locations can attest. I found 2 White Whales, 3 Social Chests, and 1 Royal Convoy yesterday all in a single 3 hour sitting. :P

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 2

BioShock

48S059036.png

Lucky Winner

Hit the jackpot at a slot machine

RAGE

57S4d2852.png

Lucky Charms 

Bet and win on Green in the Roly-Poly minigame

58S04ec92.png

Foursome 

Win with a Four of a Kind in the Video Poker minigame

17Sb7371d.png

JACKPOT! 

Roll 4 Targets in the first round of Tombstones

Got lucky with all these. Didn't have to spin/play long.

Gran Turismo 5:

Within One Hundredth
Win a race by a margin of 0.01 seconds or less.

It was like 0.0032 :D

PAYDAY 2:

I Wasn't Even There!
On day 3 of the Framing Frame job, send the gold by zip-line without ever tripping the alarm.

Just joined a random game when the guy has already got all the gold and was going to the escape. Free gold trophy ^_^

There are threads and threads on various sites detailling clever ways toget a trophy in Dishonored for having an enemy kill another enemy 5 times.

I wasnt even trying to get it, but ran into a group of dudes and one of them threw a grenade which blew me up - along with the whole group. Trophy popped as I reloaded...

• Like 2

18S9f3e99.png

Hardcore Risette Fan

Persona 4 Golden

I got it last night from some random Kanji line '-' I was so happy that I almost cried. First play through too. Now I have no worries about getting platinum in it.

Other than that I don't have any other luck based trophies that I can think of.

Plants Vs. Zombies

33Sb17a50.png

Lucky Spin

Get 3 of a kind in Slot Machine

Got this pretty early.

Wait, I got a better one, in Assassin's Creed IV on the PS4:

42S020983.png Sharing Is Caring: Share each type of discovery with friends once.

Most people are having trouble with this one, as the thread where people are reporting locations can attest. I found 2 White Whales, 3 Social Chests, and 1 Royal Convoy yesterday all in a single 3 hour sitting. :P

This, so much. Got it on PS3, but they certainly didn't make it easy! It's the bane of the AC IV trophy list. Edited by DarkStar83x

Tekken Revolution

4S3fc8f3.png

Never Give Up
You won a GREAT battle.

You have to win a battle with approx. 1% health left to make the trophy pop. I didn't even know about this trophy when I got it, I had to look up afterwards what I exactly did in my fight that triggered the trophy xD Ironically I never won a "great" battle again after getting this trophy so I guess I was really lucky.

I got all my random/luck-based trophies the same way: trying, taking a break/play another game, keep trying, rage quitting and finally try again.

Borderlands 2

35Sd2b710.png36S071f87.png37Sfa915e.png57Sd103a3.png68S22beb8.png69Sd3e7aa.png

Borderlands

78S26ad73.png79S56ca7e.png80S9066aa.png81S067282.png

Kingdom Hearts FInal Mix

46S7bb2a4.png 55S0ad9e1.png 56S9dc9e9.png

Demon's Souls

25S128252.png 18S39b5f4.png 24S2d3283.png

Assassin's Creed III

19Sb2e28d.png 45Sbeda1c.png

Bulletstorm

35S4ac37f.png

Final Fantasy XIII-2

30S434031.png 31Sf9c5ec.png

Sleeping Dogs

20S318fe9.png21Se8b0f2.png

Vanquish

50Sdacabb.png

Star Wars The Force Unleashed II

18S87aee4.png

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 2

Sniper Elite V2:

16L25efab.png

Pass the Buck:

Get a sniped Ricochet head shot:

I was aiming for the snipers head and by dumb luck the bullet hit too low but bounced off the railing and hit him in the head.

7Lab007f.png

Dead-eye:

Snipe an enemy through his eye:

One of the levels has a sniper laying on his belly about 200 meters away from you... I was aiming for his head but aimed a little too low... The bullet entered the snipers scope, into his eye, bounced around his skull and exited out the back of his head through his helmet. After the bullet exited, to my shocked amazement... the trophy popped. 

Edited by KratosTheMighty

I have a funny Kingdom Hearts story from a few days ago  :P

So I got 71% trophies in Kingdom Hearts and I've been debating trying to platinum it or leave it there at 71%, anyway, I was bored and just decided to play the game the other day and just explore or whatever, I just wanted to BS around, lol

I randomly decided to go to Olympus Colosseum and fight Sephiroth - the hardest boss in the game, which I've tried several times before. With the clear thought "I'm not gonna beat this guy, but I'm bored so I'll just fight him", I beat him on my third try! I was like, holy crap! I don't know how I did it because I was really just going up and carelessly hitting him, lol. I got the trophy for defeating him!

16Sb74729.pngOne-Winged Angel - Defeat Sephiroth

After defeating him and getting a that trophy, it said on screen that I also got an Ansem Report, out of curiosity I looked to see how to get the other Ansem Reports - I had 4 left, all of which simply required me to go to the Library in Hollow Bastion and talk to this girl (I forget her name, starts with an A?). So I just simply visited her and talked to her and got another trophy!

36S042e80.pngSearcher - Collect All Ansem Reports in Jimmy's Journal

Then I thought about Jimmy's Journal! All I needed was to find like 3 more characters! I needed to find 3 heartless, so I went to their wolds and defeated them and they were logged in the Journal, the last one I had to log was this boss, the Phantom at the Clock Tower. I didn't like fighting him because he was so tedious!! But I finally decided to try again and to my shock I quickly figured out his moves and defeated him!

9S4aed1f.pngThe Cloaked Shadow - Defeat the Phantom at the Clock Tower

Boom! Got it! But where were my Jimmy Journal trophies? I realized that "Characters 2" didn't have a mickey mouse "badge" next to that list to indicate I have found all the characters... even though I actually DID find all the characters, after looking around for what seemed like an hour I finally found out I had to visit Pinocchio again in Traverse Town (Surprisingly not a lot of people at all have this problem, I guess I was just too lazy to visit the place, lol) - Anyways, I visited them and boom! Two for one sale!

37S8c71f2.pngProfessor - Collect all character entries in Jimmy's Journal

34Sf7b08d.pngRecord Keeper - Collect all of Jimmy's Journal entries

So I got all of that in like 3 hours so unexpectedly just because I decided to BS around on the game, not at all going for trophies and then ending up getting a ton of them! Not too bad at all, now I'm more inclined to get the platinum, haha

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International

Worlds biggest Welch fan!

Killed EQ but the game froze during the death screen. Ejected game and reinserted while game was still frozen. It loaded back up and gave me 9 EQ feathers (even though I had only beaten her the 1 time it froze). I took my free feathers and made all the top tier weapons and accessory with them.