Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

9 hours ago, Stedde said:

First one down! 😃
My strategy was to complete Final Fantasy 7 - Remake first, but when Final Fantasy 16 got released I got hooked. 
I must say I really enjoyed the game and story (but in retrospect the Final Fantasy Mode run was not fun)

With that said, I will now wrap up Final Fantasy 7 - Remake and then be ready for Final Fantasy 7 - Rebirth.
My new strategy is to complete the Final Fantasy PS5 releases first then move down memory lane.

• 274e.png Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy VII HD
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy IX HD
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • 274e.pngFinal Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XIII
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • 274e.png Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
  • 274e.png Final Fantasy XV
  •  Final Fantasy XVI
    • 274e.png A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
    • 274e.png Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • 274e.png Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
    • 274e.png Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
    • 274e.png Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
    • 274e.png Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
    • 274e.png Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
    • 274e.png Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • 274e.png Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • 274e.png Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    • 274e.png World of Final Fantasy
    • 274e.png Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
    • 274e.png Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
      • 274e.png Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
      • 274e.png Crystal Defenders
      • 274e.png Adventures of Mana
      • 274e.png Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

Love it! Soon as you have 3 I'll put you on the leaderboards with Emerald rank :D Good luck! Also, check out oYazmat's checklist to track your progress more easily :)https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 1:09 AM, Baker said:

Completed: 20

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VI

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VIII

Final Fantasy IX

Final Fantasy X

Final Fantasy X-2

Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy XIII: Lightning Returns

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy XVI

A King’s Tale: Final Fantasy XV

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy - Reunion

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Stranger Of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

World Of Final Fantasy

Little update as I now completed 20 games. Which should put me in Gold Tier? 

Edited by Baker
  • Like 3

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@giantturnip Congratulations on Emerald tier! Your name is now on the Leaderboards!

@Baker Congratulations on hitting Gold tier! I know you've been diligently working on this for a long time, good job :) Let me know if your badges are still correct or if you've earned more. Using the ff checklist will set your badges for you and is the easiest way to track it so post a screenshot of your ff checklist results if you have earned more than what's shown above. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Baker Congratulations on hitting Gold tier! I know you've been diligently working on this for a long time, good job :) Let me know if your badges are still correct or if you've earned more. Using the ff checklist will set your badges for you and is the easiest way to track it so post a screenshot of your ff checklist results if you have earned more than what's shown above. 

Thanks. I’ve been at it since 1997 :awesome:

iEnbn9H.jpg

It seems I have earned a new badge.

I don’t quite understand the FFXV DLC, but since I have 100% on that game I assume I have them all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

It's been a while since I've commented or updated my own progress. But I just finished FF6 after a long hiatus from getting a plat due to work and moving and other stuff.

I think I've been qualified for gold for a few months now, but haven't updated 😂 Wanted FF6 done before I posted.

I've played a lot of FF14 these past months, but it was nice going back to a single player FF again.

There's a few FFs that are near completion:

• Final Fantasy 16: had two awesome weeks with this game on release, but wanted to delay my FF-mode playthrough a bit. Two trophies remaining.
  • Final Fantasy 12: I'm around 75% done with story. Need to do miscellaneous trophies as well.
  • Final Fantasy 14 (PS4): <500 FATEs left + 1 levequest for plat :)
  • Final Fantasy 14 (PS5): plan on completing the savages after I finish MSQ.

Been yearning to go back to 13-series as well. Never finished 13-2 or LR when they came out; excited for that!

I also started playing FF10-2 a while back, but didn't have time to commit at the moment. I want to enjoy it as much as possible. A  lot of good memories from childhood!

Hope to have more time to play in the future!

Have a nice day :D

spacer.png

Edited by Age_kon
  • Like 3

This looks like quite an enjoyable event to partake in. I will take some time to further read the thread but count me in for now :) I'd like to branch out a bit into the realm of FF games I haven't played before. I'm mainly concerned about IX skipping rope 😕 I wonder how it is in comparison to X lightning dodging. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

This looks like quite an enjoyable event to partake in. I will take some time to further read the thread but count me in for now :) I'd like to branch out a bit into the realm of FF games I haven't played before. I'm mainly concerned about IX skipping rope 😕 I wonder how it is in comparison to X lightning dodging. 

Welcome! about rope stuff, it depends if you do it yourself or go with the automated script...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LDN-Legend said:

Dodging lightning strikes in X is easier imo. Last time I checked, the remote play script for the rope jump trophy still works. Some players reported being unable to do it with the script, so you might want to do this one early if you don't plan to do it manually just in case this really stops working. Do keep in mind this can have many issues, such as them not setting the latency correctly or just a bad connection in general. Maybe the player just did it wrong.

Edited by viech54

I decided to join this gang.

These are the FF games I've completed so far:

Spoiler

Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5)

- Final Fantasy VII Remake INTERmission

Final Fantasy XIII

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion (PS5)

I also have all the KH platinum.

• Like 2

@Baker Congratulations on your new Spinner badge!

@Age_kon Congratulations on Gold tier and the Pixel Enthusiast badge! You can now wear the project's signature badge in your signature if you want.

@LDN-Legend The jump rope trophy can be done with an automated script so it's not too bad. Sometimes the script doesn't work "out of the box" and requires some fiddling, but it works. 

@giinha Thanks for joining the project! Please fill out this checklist real quick and post a screenshot of it and I'll add your name to the leaderboards! I'll make sure to add the KH badge too. https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

• Like 2

Hello, I think its time for a little update:
spacer.png

Did pixel remasters, XVI and XIV. Gonna work on another run in crisis core ps4 now, Intermission, and then Stranger of Paradise. On the side decided I wanna really work try and get as many achievments fully done on Steam and XBox FF games too :D sadly mobius and ff11 are beyond my reach... But hey more Dissidia and X/X2 grinds....

(Also have itadaki done, not visible in pic)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

@giinha Congratulations on Ruby tier! One more game and you'll hit Sapphire tier! If that game is Lightning Returns then you'll earn the XIII Enthusiast badge :)

Thanks! I'm planning to play Lightning Returns next year. The game is already in my collection. The next one is actually FF XVI, the game you didn't like very much 😆

Please don't forget the ZetaFlare badge for 3 KH platinums. (You could create a badge for all KH platinums, no?)

• Like 1

@ScottyDaHotty2 Congratulations on Ruby tier and 2 badges!

@CalyxTDeuced Good job doing XVI and especially XIV! You have some crazy ambition goals there with the Steam and Xbox achievements lol Your update pictures didn't post correctly, so would you mind reposting that? Thanks

Updated! Thanks

@oYazmat Maybe some day when you have time you could add little checkmarks for the 3 optional badges like the KH badge? Like just check if you've met the requirements, leave unchecked if you haven't? That's be awesome. Is the code for your tool open source and something you could point me towards? I'm a software engineer myself and if I have permissions and a bit of training I could do updates as well if you want.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

@ScottyDaHotty2 Congratulations on Ruby tier and 2 badges!

@CalyxTDeuced Good job doing XVI and especially XIV! You have some crazy ambition goals there with the Steam and Xbox achievements lol Your update pictures didn't post correctly, so would you mind reposting that? Thanks

Updated! Thanks

@oYazmat Maybe some day when you have time you could add little checkmarks for the 3 optional badges like the KH badge? Like just check if you've met the requirements, leave unchecked if you haven't? That's be awesome. Is the code for your tool open source and something you could point me towards? I'm a software engineer myself and if I have permissions and a bit of training I could do updates as well if you want.

Yeah the code is open source and available on Github (I wanted to add a link one time... guess I forgot 😂)

https://github.com/oYazmat/ff-checklist

Check it out and we can discuss this later! (A little busy irl recently :/)

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 2

Sign me up as well, sounds like a fun commitment to cleaning up the remaining games on my list.

Current checklist progress: (https://i.imgur.com/5TXEg18.png)

Spoiler

spacer.png

I've got enough Kingdom Hearts games finished to qualify for the Zetaflare badge: (https://psnprofiles.com/series/16-kingdom-hearts/Da_Cloud).

For the rest of the list I mainly just need to start playing the pixel remasters while cleaning up some of the games left unfinished.

- 78%: Final Fantasy IX is the jumping mini game, 10000 kills and the Excalibur II speedrun remaining.

- 96%: Final Fantasy XIV (PS5) I need to craft/gather 1500 collectibles each to complete the last remaining 2 trophies of the base game.

- 82%: Final Fantasy XVI is the Final Fantasy mode replay, probably pick it that up when all DLC content has been released.

Currently I'm actively working on Chocobo Mystery dungeon (just started the long endgame grind) and replaying Stranger of Paradise this time the PS4 version.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

@Tentativeuser Congratulations on earning all 3 of the 11/10 difficulty solo deep dungeon trophies and being the first and only person to earn the Crystal+ tier!!!

@CalyxTDeuced Congratulations on earning the Pixel Enthusiast and XIV Enthusiast badges!

@Da_Cloud Welcome to the challenge! You're hitting the ground running starting in Gold tier with 9 badges!

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4