Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

37 minutes ago, Duke_Ryle said:

There are a lot of people here having problems posting their progress with imgur.  You can use postimages(dot)org instead.  I've been using it and it has worked well so far.  Thanks to @DrBloodmoney for this suggestion on his kaleidoscope challenge

Thanks, that worked. I'll likely still take care of hosting myself sooner or later to avoid these issues entirely and because I wanted to get my own website anyway.

• Like 2

@Rebourne07

The best option I can think of for XVI is to just have an "All (offline) mainline games" badge that gets taken away when new games are released. It's probably annoying and extra work having to take people's badges away but it would only happen every few years. So now it would be 1-10, 12,13,15,16

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@Briste Congratulations on Gold tier and 8 badges!!!

@SwicySauce That's as good an idea as I've heard, but I'm definitely not a fan of the idea of badges that'd come and go. I'm thinking of just doing away with the Platinum tier's 3 month system too. We all know @Tentativeuser and @MakoSOLIDER are the only people that are gonna be in there now that the All By Eurekaself trophy has ruined it for everyone else. Pretty soon Ima change Platinum tier to 35+ completions and make Crystal tier the ultimate 100% tier and remove all that 3 month deadline stuff. I'll add a badge for XVI if DLC ever comes out for it or in the very unlikely event of a XVI-2. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rebourne07 said:

We all know @Tentativeuser and @MakoSOLIDER are the only people that are gonna be in there now that the All By Eurekaself trophy has ruined it for everyone else.

Don't count me out just yet. I still have loads of content to do and am not even done with the PS4 version yet, so not sure when I attempt it, but I haven't given up on completing both versions.

Anyway. How hard would you all say Theatrhythm is for someone who's just not good at rhythm games? They are the bane of my existence. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but I'm really bad at them. I'm mainly considering it to play another game with my favorite FF characters and for some good music.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, viech54 said:

Don't count me out just yet. I still have loads of content to do and am not even done with the PS4 version yet, so not sure when I attempt it, but I haven't given up on completing both versions.

Anyway. How hard would you all say Theatrhythm is for someone who's just not good at rhythm games? They are the bane of my existence. Yes, I'm exaggerating, but I'm really bad at them. I'm mainly considering it to play another game with my favorite FF characters and for some good music.

Same! am still on!

Theatrhythm is easy! go ahead! (I never played a rhythm game before)

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, viech54 said:

I didn't have much experience with rhythm games prior to this one, and I'm definitely not a natural at them either. ? Still, it wasn't too difficult for me to get the platinum! 

I was delighted by the "meta" aspect of the game, where each song has an optional (but not if you want the Platinum) objective to unlock, which sometimes requires picking specific team compositions (like all spell-casters, or a summoner and some tanks, someone with Haste ability, etc). I still play the game sometimes, and I highly recommend you play it if you really enjoy FF music!

SONG DIFFICULTY

Every song has a Basic, "Expert" (read: Medium or Normal), and Ultimate (Hard) difficulty. Some songs also have a Supreme (Super Hard) difficulty, which I didn't even bother trying. 

After playing maybe 5-10 songs on Basic, I switched to "Expert" since that is the normal difficulty and thus I would get used to it. Honestly, some songs are too slow/simple on Basic Mode anyways, where it is almost harder at that point. 

Of the hundreds of songs, zero need to be completed on the Supreme difficulty, and only 3-4 boss songs need to be completed on Ultimate with decent rankings. I think only one of those songs gave me a bit of trouble, and by "bit of trouble" I probably had to play it 8-10 times to get the rank I needed.

ACCESSIBILITY

There are several options you can change to better suit your style of gameplay! Things like the input delay from when you hear a note to when you press the button, a "Simple" mode that doesn't require you to use the directional sticks for some notes (instead, you might have to press two notes, for example), stuff like that. 

I also personally found that playing with a PS5 Pro Controller really helped. If you play on PS4, any controller with additional paddle buttons you can assign to controls would be the same thing. That let me keep my thumbs on the joysticks for the long notes that have to be moved up-and-down, and use my fingers to tap the left and right paddles as my "non-joystick button #1" and "non-joystick button #2" inputs. You could also use L1 & R1, for example, but that was less comfortable for my smaller hands.

THE ACTUAL HARD PART

Honestly, the part of the game that is actually tricky is figuring out good team compositions for some of the Boss Fight songs. You can complete a song pretty easy, but you won't always be able to defeat the boss within the song unless you have the right party setup. Over time I was able to figure out some good team compositions to handle most songs, but there were a dozen or so that required somewhat specific team setups in order to defeat. There is a FFTheatrhythm Discord group that was super helpful - they had a channel that gathered tested team compositions/abilities/levels for specific boss fights. They are also super friendly and willing to help trade you high-quality Summons which makes a big difference in terms of the optional "defeat X boss" objectives that you need to do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, pelagia14 said:

I didn't have much experience with rhythm games prior to this one, and I'm definitely not a natural at them either. 1f602.png Still, it wasn't too difficult for me to get the platinum! 

I was delighted by the "meta" aspect of the game, where each song has an optional (but not if you want the Platinum) objective to unlock, which sometimes requires picking specific team compositions (like all spell-casters, or a summoner and some tanks, someone with Haste ability, etc). I still play the game sometimes, and I highly recommend you play it if you really enjoy FF music!

SONG DIFFICULTY

Every song has a Basic, "Expert" (read: Medium or Normal), and Ultimate (Hard) difficulty. Some songs also have a Supreme (Super Hard) difficulty, which I didn't even bother trying. 

After playing maybe 5-10 songs on Basic, I switched to "Expert" since that is the normal difficulty and thus I would get used to it. Honestly, some songs are too slow/simple on Basic Mode anyways, where it is almost harder at that point. 

Of the hundreds of songs, zero need to be completed on the Supreme difficulty, and only 3-4 boss songs need to be completed on Ultimate with decent rankings. I think only one of those songs gave me a bit of trouble, and by "bit of trouble" I probably had to play it 8-10 times to get the rank I needed.

ACCESSIBILITY

There are several options you can change to better suit your style of gameplay! Things like the input delay from when you hear a note to when you press the button, a "Simple" mode that doesn't require you to use the directional sticks for some notes (instead, you might have to press two notes, for example), stuff like that. 

I also personally found that playing with a PS5 Pro Controller really helped. If you play on PS4, any controller with additional paddle buttons you can assign to controls would be the same thing. That let me keep my thumbs on the joysticks for the long notes that have to be moved up-and-down, and use my fingers to tap the left and right paddles as my "non-joystick button #1" and "non-joystick button #2" inputs. You could also use L1 & R1, for example, but that was less comfortable for my smaller hands.

THE ACTUAL HARD PART

Honestly, the part of the game that is actually tricky is figuring out good team compositions for some of the Boss Fight songs. You can complete a song pretty easy, but you won't always be able to defeat the boss within the song unless you have the right party setup. Over time I was able to figure out some good team compositions to handle most songs, but there were a dozen or so that required somewhat specific team setups in order to defeat. There is a FFTheatrhythm Discord group that was super helpful - they had a channel that gathered tested team compositions/abilities/levels for specific boss fights. They are also super friendly and willing to help trade you high-quality Summons which makes a big difference in terms of the optional "defeat X boss" objectives that you need to do.

It's funny how the " THE ACTUAL HARD PART" is not Rhythm related and more RPG related ?

• Like 4

@oYazmat Thanks, so I'll just play it.

8 hours ago, pelagia14 said:

THE ACTUAL HARD PART

Thank you for your detailed post, so nothing too difficult. That means I should pay attention to team building and not just use whoever I want, then. I hope I can still play with my favorite characters for the most part and level up some others for the boss fights/quests if my favorite characters can't do some quests or bosses. I joined the discord you mentioned.

I might wait for the last season pass that should be released around the end of August.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, oYazmat said:

It's funny how the " THE ACTUAL HARD PART" is not Rhythm related and more RPG related 1f601.png

Seriously! And it still blows my mind that they were able to incorporate RPG mechanics so well into a rhythm game!

7 hours ago, viech54 said:

@oYazmat Thanks, so I'll just play it.

Thank you for your detailed post, so nothing too difficult. That means I should pay attention to team building and not just use whoever I want, then. I hope I can still play with my favorite characters for the most part and level up some others for the boss fights/quests if my favorite characters can't do some quests or bosses. I joined the discord you mentioned.

I might wait for the last season pass that should be released around the end of August.

Honestly, for the first 15-20 hours you can kind of play whoever you want as you work towards unlocking all of the characters. When you pick a FF game to play in campaign mode you unlock most of its characters. You have to play about 3-4 songs within that game's "path" in order to have the ability to unlock a new FF game's campaign. Most games have 1-2 "Boss" characters that also only unlock after you finish the game's "story path".

You can get two items that provide an XP boost to your party, so I would just save most of them while you are getting used to the rhythm mechanics and unlocking all the different series' characters. One provides x2 XP and the other provides x4 XP, and they can stack for x8 XP! And you can always "farm" for them by having one or more Thief Archetype characters in your party - there are few songs that are really good for item farming. There are also items that can boost a character's HP/MP/etc. - those should definitely be saved for when you decide on what your 2-3 main parties will be for tackling harder objectives since I seem to recall those being less easy to get. Finally, some of the Summon Stones (that are super easy to get via the Discord group, or a few random multiplayer sessions with mostly-generous strangers) also provide big XP boosts when equipped - up to +90% XP. 

You do have to get one character to Level "9Star" (equivalent to Level 99 nine times) for a trophy, so it is helpful to pick a character early on that you'll use most of the time. I was able to get FFX Yuna to 9Star as well, though, and the FFX characters were some of the last ones I unlocked since their story path songs are rated as more difficult than most of the others.

TL:DR; For the first 10-15 hours just enjoy the game, try not to use too many XP/stat-boosting items until you've figured out your "endgame content" team, and it's helpful to get some quality Summon Stones from multiplayer sooner rather than later. 

• Like 3

I will sign up. Man, just when you think you're an avid Final Fantasy fan - you're so behind. xD 

Anyways, if you need/require anything else on my end, then I will adjust accordingly! First time ever doing one of these. Below are my games, DLC's included, that I have completed; additionally, any game that I plan on playing will be added below.  

Completed

• Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy: Crisis Core (PS5) ----- Spinoff
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5) w/DLC
  • Final Fantasy X (PS3/Vita/PS4)
  • Final Fantasy X-2 (PS3/Vita/PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PS4) 
  • Strangers of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (PS4/PS5) w/one DLC completed ----- Spinoff
  • Final Fantasy XVI (PS5)

Undergoing or have plans on completing (again):

• Final Fantasy: Crisis Core (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII w/trilogy
  • Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VII remaster
  • Final Fantasy VIII remaster (!!!)
  • Final Fantasy XV (w/DLC)
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line (soon....)
  • Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy!
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (if I can be bothered lol)

I may add more to this list, but for now let's start with what we have! xD 

• Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • Like 4

Hi everyone! I was following this thread for a while now, and I think it's time for me to join you all

Here is my list so far. https://imgur.com/TKDx1DB
I'm almost done with the remaining PRs (FFV and FFVI), but I won't have much time in the coming months, so I'll update whenever I'm done. 
After that, I will definitely go back through FFXV to grab most of the trophies there. 

Platinum list:

• Final Fantasy 
  • Final Fantasy II
  • Final Fantasy III
  • Final Fantasy IV
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII 
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS5)
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion (PS5)
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

Platinum in progress:

• Final Fantasy V
  • Final Fantasy VI
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) 
  • Like 2

Looking to sign up with the following so far.

• Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble DLC
    • Endwalker: The Dark Throne DLC
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Adventures of Mana
  • Theatrhythm: Final Bar Line

I've completed the games in green and own the games in yellow, but haven't started them yet.

ff-checklist.png

• Like 4

@x410xDragon Welcome to the project! I've got you in Sapphire tier with 9 completions and 2 badges! For future updates use a screenshot from this tool to make it easier to track your progress :) https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

@quasiphilosophic Welcome to the project! Congratulations on Bronze tier and 1 badge!

@SigmaCloud Welcome to the project! Congratulations on Silver tier and 4 badges!

• Like 3

Finally got the FF XVI plat! Pretty sure I am now in the bronze tier hehe.

Very enjoyable plat, I kinda wish the Final Fantasy mode was a bit harder, I never really felt challenged. Great game though. I have some problems with it but it actually is now in my Top 5 FF games. The ending had me bawling my eyes out.

ff-checklist-update.png

• Like 4