Project Platinum: Final Fantasy

Rebourne07

Well by Buddy let me borrow his PS5 for a bit so I could finally knock off some of the PS5 games as well as be able to play FFXVI.  I wish some of these FFXIV trophies didn't require so much time.  Damn Savages.

• Final Fantasy I Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
    • INTERmission DLC
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  • Final Fantasy X Remastered
  • Final Fantasy X-2 Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS4]
  • Final Fantasy XIV [PS5]
    • Heavensward DLC
    • Stormblood DLC
    • Shadowbringers DLC
    • Shadowbrings: Death Unto Dawn DLC
    • Endwalker DLC
    • Endwalker: Newfound Adventure DLC
    • Endwalker: Buried Memory DLC
    • Endwalker: Gods Revel, Lands Tremble
    • Endwalker: The Dark Throne
  • Final Fantasy XV
    • Episode Gladiolus DLC
    • Episode Prompto DLC
    • July 2017 Update DLC
    • Comrades DLC
    • Episode Ignis DLC
    • Royal Pack DLC
    • Comrades March 2018 Update DLC
    • Episode Ardyn DLC
  • Final Fantasy XVI
  • A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Multiplayer: Comrades
    • December 2018 Update DLC
    • March 2019 Update DLC
  • Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD
  • Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
  • Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Free Edition
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS4]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin [PS5]
    • Trials of the Dragon King DLC
    • Wanderer of the Rift DLC
    • Different Future DLC
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
  • World of Final Fantasy
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS4]
  • Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII - Reunion [PS5]
  • Theatrhythm Final Bar Line
  • Chocobo Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy
  • Crystal Defenders
  • Fortune Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary

Mana

• Adventures of Mana
  • Secret of Mana
  • Trials of Mana
  • Legend of Mana
  • Like 4

On 6/1/2022 at 11:20 AM, Rebourne07 said:

@SkullRobot Congratulations on two new badges! Pixel Enthusiast and VII Enthusiast! Good luck on XIV!

@BrutalR It's been years since I played and I tagged along with some Japanese guys when I did it on release. You might have better luck in sessions

@SHawks_89 Congratulations on Bronze tier and 3 badges! That's super cool you're doing them in order!

@sully917 Congratulations on Bronze tier and a new badge!

• 3 weeks later...

I almost forgot to come back to this thread. While I'm not going to formally update my current status on the FF project, I'd like to thank @viech54, @Rebourne07 and @oYazmat for helping me out back in February when I was in doubt about trying FF14 and 15. Turns out that I got 100% on both of them (PS4). I was able to downgrade FF15 to get the Comrades trophies, and I valiantly exercised my patience in FF14 by grinding the levequests for 6 months in the free trial version, as you guys told me.

Since I most likely will never own a PS3, I don't think FF13 will make it to my list, so, from the main series, all that's left for me are the 6 pixel remasters and FF12. When I do those, I'll come back here to update my list. Again, thanks a bunch!

Edited by Boni_Neto
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

I almost forgot to come back to this thread. While I'm not going to formally update my current status on the FF project, I'd like to thank @viech54, @Rebourne07 and @oYazmat for helping me out back in February when I was in doubt about trying FF14 and 15. Turns out that I got 100% on both of them (PS4). I was able to downgrade FF15 to get the Comrades trophies, and I valiantly exercised my patience in FF14 by grinding the levequests for 6 months in the free trial version, as you guys told me.

Since I most likely will never own a PS3, I don't think FF13 will make it to my list, so, from the main series, all that's left for me are the 6 pixel remasters and FF12. When I do those, I'll come back here to update my list. Again, thanks a bunch!

Glad to hear it's going as planned for you!

Let's all hope that the XIII trilogy will hit the PS5 soon

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Boni_Neto said:

Glad to hear that! Now try the PS5 version of FFXIV as well. But only if you're looking for something with an insane time investment that will get new trophies every now and then and is quite the challenge.

I don't have any more games completed since last time, but I'm done with FFXIV Shadowbringers trophies. Just need more E12S (TT card, minion, mount), and SoS Extreme (TT card, mount), then I'm done with ShB (ignoring Bozja for now, will get to that someday). I also made good progress towards getting 344 TT cards and leveling Trusts to 90. I should get those soon-ish.

Other than that, I like that we finally got the next tier. So there's something else to aim for. I intend to play FFV and VI soon to complete the last two Pixel Remasters.

Regarding FFXIV: I'm still determined to get the game to 100%. It's still easily my game of the year, I'm having a great time.

Edited by viech54
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, viech54 said:

Glad to hear that! Now try the PS5 version of FFXIV as well. But only if you're looking for something with an insane time investment that will get new trophies every now and then and is quite the challenge.

I don't have any more games completed since last time, but I'm done with FFXIV Shadowbringers trophies. Just need more E12S (TT card, minion, mount), and SoS Extreme (TT card, mount), then I'm done with ShB (ignoring Bozja for now, will get to that someday). I also made good progress towards getting 344 TT cards and leveling Trusts to 90. I should get those soon-ish.

Other than that, I like that we finally got the next tier. So there's something else to aim for. I intend to play FFV and VI soon to complete the last two Pixel Remasters.

Regarding FFXIV: I'm still determined to get the game to 100%. It's still easily my game of the year, I'm having a great time.

I hope you make it, mate, although I can easily see Square exploring 14 for a very long time, adding more and more trophies. As for me, I'm already satisfied with the PS4 version, I don't think I would have the grit to go after the PS5 version (even if I get to own a PS5 one day), but I salute you sir, for keeping on in this quest.

Hardcore Badges

• XIVLogo-Gif.gif True XIV Legend - Achieve 100% trophies on Final Fantasy XIV PS5 up through the latest expansion
  • Crystal-Gif.gif Crystal+ - Achieve Crystal tier then on top of that achieve 100% completion in XIV PS5. This is true 100% series complete.

Two new badges have been added to represent those who complete XIV PS5 since it was removed from Crystal rank. 

Congratulations to @Tentativeuser, @MakoSOLIDER and @brunfilipe on earning the True XIV Legend badge.

As soon as anyone in Crystal tier has 100% of the obtainable XIV PS5 DLC trophies I'll award them the Crystal+ badge until next update.

Also, if anyone outside of Crystal rank has earned True XIV Legend, please let me know and I'll update the leaderboards. 

Edited by Rebourne07
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Briste said:

I finished up FFXVI the other day. It was good, but could have been great. Started off as an A+ for me and then finished up in the A-/B+ range. I'll still play any DLC they come out with lol I've got my FF7: Rebirth pre-order ready to go! I'm going to replay FF7R on the PS5 along with the Interlude the month before it comes out to get ready. Not sure if I'll get to any of the others on the list before then. Here's my updated card:

ff-checklist.png

I am illiterate when it comes to using these forums but how did you make this? I am also working on this grind. As far as I know, the only FF trophies I’m missing are:

FFXIV (PS5) Crafting and gathering collectables for the platinum, a decent amount of the EW trophies. I took a long break when they removed housing demo so playing catch up.

FF16 - own it but haven’t gotten around to it

Crisis Core - own it but haven’t gotten around to it

Pixel remasters - waiting for a sale

Strangers of Paradise DLC

I’m pretty sure I have every other FF trophy on PSN. I see some people listing Adventures of Mana. I wasn’t aware that was a FF title, but if so I’ll add it to my list.  

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Briste said:

I finished up FFXVI the other day. It was good, but could have been great. Started off as an A+ for me and then finished up in the A-/B+ range. I'll still play any DLC they come out with lol I've got my FF7: Rebirth pre-order ready to go! I'm going to replay FF7R on the PS5 along with the Interlude the month before it comes out to get ready. Not sure if I'll get to any of the others on the list before then. Here's my updated card:

ff-checklist.png

You could play INTERmission!

I wish FFXVI was better... I feel like I never played it, I had a lot more fun and memories with FFXV

2 minutes ago, SoCalKingg said:

I am illiterate when it comes to using these forums but how did you make this? I am also working on this grind. As far as I know, the only FF trophies I’m missing are:

FFXIV (PS5) Crafting and gathering collectables for the platinum, a decent amount of the EW trophies. I took a long break when they removed housing demo so playing catch up.

FF16 - own it but haven’t gotten around to it

Crisis Core - own it but haven’t gotten around to it

Pixel remasters - waiting for a sale

Strangers of Paradise DLC

I’m pretty sure I have every other FF trophy on PSN. I see some people listing Adventures of Mana. I wasn’t aware that was a FF title, but if so I’ll add it to my list.  

You can use the checklist: https://oyazmat.github.io/ff-checklist/

Upload the screenshot to a website like imgur and post it here!

Edited by oYazmat
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

You could play INTERmission!

Yeah, that's what I meant lol I wrote Interlude, but I meant INTERmission....two seconds of proofreading would've fixed that on my end.

44 minutes ago, oYazmat said:

I wish FFXVI was better... I feel like I never played it, I had a lot more fun and memories with FFXV

I feel like the first 10 hours was epic and then it just kind of went pleh...it's stupid, but also the names of the characters ruined it a bit for me. I've seen Despicable Me 3 several times due to having small children, and every time I read the name 'Clive', I could just hear Trey Parker shouting that name and it made it kind of silly. Also, I have an aunt named Jill, so that was unremarkable for me too lol. It was minor, but didn't help me get into the story either.

I wish they had delayed FFXV until the Royal Edition came out. I played it on release and was super confused by the whole thing. Once I played all the DLC's and the Royal Edition, it ended up being a very good game, but I had a sour taste in my mouth due to how it was released. Hopefully they figure it back out and XVII is awesome when it comes out in ten years.

• Like 1

A/0 Nov 9th, 2023, 25/38. Planning to do every game, with the possible exception of FFXIV PS5, just because the constant trophies added with each patch gives me anxiety 💀 Next will most likely be either FFVII Remake or Stranger of Paradise (each sitting under 5 trophies away from plat).

• Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy II Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy III Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy IV Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster
  • Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster
  •  Final Fantasy VII HD
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade
  •  Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX HD
  •  Final Fantasy X Remastered