How likely is Part II to get a PS5 version?

21 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Very Unlikely, it's part of the games that got a PS5 patch instead of a version.

God of War

Days Gone

Horizon Zero Dawn

Yeah I'd agree here. There was someone in another thread basically demanding a God of War ps5 version. I just dont see it happening. 

Also I've seen no rumors on a Last of Us Part 2 Directors Cut. I think the team is busy enough with the remake and the factions multiplayer stuff to worry about a bit of an upgrade.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

Yeah I'd agree here. There was someone in another thread basically demanding a God of War ps5 version. I just dont see it happening. 

Also I've seen no rumors on a Last of Us Part 2 Directors Cut. I think the team is busy enough with the remake and the factions multiplayer stuff to worry about a bit of an upgrade.

Rumors all over reddit. Comicbook.com etc.

Edited by kdogg_gamer_
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

Rumors all over reddit. Comicbook.com etc.

ill google it. I just never thought about it tbh lol. I liked part 2 though. Also from what i can gather, the Part 1 Remake seems to blend the first game and left behind together as a single experience. So probably a flashback point or something spread throughout. Could be wrong but i got that feeling from the trailer.

Also Comicbook.com isnt reliable often

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Infected Elite said:

ill google it. I just never thought about it tbh lol. I liked part 2 though. Also from what i can gather, the Part 1 Remake seems to blend the first game and left behind together as a single experience. So probably a flashback point or something spread throughout. Could be wrong but i got that feeling from the trailer.

Comicbook.com is never relaible =/

It would be awesome if the made the Left Behind DLC part of the main game. It's the best DLC i have ever played for any game. Truly spectacular in every way, except maybe the final encounter on grounded =>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

I having been googling a PS5 version for months, only reason I really know. I loved Part 2 as well. I think we will get some never before seen parts of the game implemented into this one though, I don't think it will be a simple 1:1.

They'll only do a native PS5 version if they can find a way to charge people for it without looking too obvious. We got a PS5 version of UC4 but we had to pay a small fee, justified by the fact you got two games if you only had one previously. Death Stranding had a small fee but it had more content on the PS5. Ghosts of Tsushima you had to pay a fee but it included the Director's Cut content, etc...

If they don't feel they can charge you for it, because they're just simply unlocking the framerate and nothing more, then they just push out a patch instead - Horizon, Last of Us Part 2, Days Gone, etc...

The only exception was Spider-Man which they offered no upgrade offer, you had to literally buy or rent Miles Morales and then pay an additional £20 to unlock - they didn't even release the Remaster on the PSN store so anyone can pick it up!

Personally, I'd love to see native PS5 versions for all of Sony's first-party games - as it stands right now, the best place to play a few of their titles is over on PC because they ignored the request for an upgrade from those who supported the games when they initially released and instead decided to cater for the new PC crowd. But, as we've seen with these titles, Sony didn't go back and give any of them a proper PS5 upgrade, even though they could have re-worked the enhancements backwards from the PC to the console.

With regards to Last of Us Part 2, I think they'll release a PS5 version when they announce it's coming to PC (about 6 months after Part 1). They'll probably justify this by having it bundled with the new Multiplayer game, charging £10-20 and maybe adding some new scenes or adjusting things based on the feedback they got when it launched. If they don't, and they leave the PS5 version as simply the PS4 game with a 60fps framerate, yet deliver enhancements to the PC version, then they'll have a lot more unhappy people on their hands.

• Like 1

Just now, Quink666 said:

It would be awesome if the made the Left Behind DLC part of the main game. It's the best DLC i have ever played for any game. Truly spectacular in every way, except maybe the final encounter on grounded =>

*rewatches trailer *....

55 second part, seems to show Ellie and Riley in the area the water gun fight happens? so perhaps.

Honestly i can't wait for the part where Ellie sees the Giraffe.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

True but I am more coming from the fact that multiple sites are reporting on the DC which I believe would hold weight.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kdogg_gamer_ said:

I think we will get some never before seen parts of the game implemented into this one though, I don't think it will be a simple 1:1.

It's definitely going to be expanded on a bit i think. More dialog and deeper detail to the story perhaps, as i stated in a diff post here i can see Left Behind being a flashback scene that's playable in this. Ellie can do the "we've all lost people joel, not just you. Her name was Riley" *cue flashback/ left behind*

• Like 1

a lot of ps4 games got native ps5 versions, including Sony games, Death Stranding, Spiderman, Uncharted games, Tsushima, and 3rd party games FF7R, Metro Exodus, Control, Star Wars Jedi, Nioh games, + many others, so it's a very likely possibility, to say otherwise is just misinformation from an uninformed, ignorant, point of view

Edited by The Investigator

Doubtful but not impossible, although Neil said that the game passed 10 million in sales as of earlier this year so I can see a possible native version 4K 60fps with DualSense features dropping next year maybe on the game's 3-year anniversary

Edited by Stan Lee