The oldest playstation platinums

dfyd

I'd love to comprise a list of the 50 oldest available platinums. Would anybody care to help me?
To start with I think it'd be great to list all of the platinums that were achieved in 2008 that are still obtainable today! Feel free to add any unbotainable 2008 platinums too, but the obtainable ones are more important as it means even today, people can engage with and be a part of platinum trophy history, obtaining the oldest platinums that are still available. 
PSNP sorting by release date isn't perfect, for example it never shows 'aquanauts holiday' so perhaps there are more hidden 2008 gems out there. I've scoured a few ps3 leaderboard profiles to see what they earned back in 08/09 to comprise a 2008 platinum list, but maybe I've missed a few. Anybody care to join the PS3 platinum historian cause?
As a way to account for hackers, I'll ignore a platinum if it only had one achiever in 2008, if it has a couple, it'll be counted.
After a few hours digging, the ones I've found so far are as follows and listed in order that are still obtainable!: 

1: Uncharted -  August 5th 2008 
2: Ferrari Challenge - September 23rd 2008 

3: Aquanauts holiday - September 29th 2008

4: Deadspace - October 18th 2008

5: Eye of judgement  - October 18th 2008 

6: Bioshock -  October 21st 2008

7: Call of duty World at war - November 13th 2008

8: Grand theft auto IV - November 10th 2008

9: Mirrors edge - November 16th 2008

10: Alone in the dark - November 20th 2008 

11: Prince of Persia - December 6th 2008
12: Fallout 3 - December 17th 2008 

13: Sonic Unleashed - December 23rd 2008 

Platinum achieved in 2008, but no longer obtainable:
1: Buzz: Quizz TV: August 9th 2008
2: Warhawk: August 29th 2008
3: Burnout paradise: September 26th 2008
4: Wipeout HD: October 3rd 2008
5: NBA 09: The Inside: October 16th 2008
6: Mercenaries 2 - October 27th 2008

7: Rock Band 2: October 28th 2008
8: Midnight club: October 31st 2008 
9: Little big planet October 31st 2008

10: James Bond Quantum of solace: November 3rd 2008
11: Motorstorm pacific rift: November 9th 2008

12: Resistance 2: November 20th 2008

13: Shaun White snowboarding: November 24th 2008
14: Mortal Kombat vs DC: December 5th 2008

Special shout out to anybody who has the entire collection of 2008 platinums, if you exist, you are a rare breed. :) 
With Mercenaries servers going offline, we now have more OG platinums being unattainable than being attainable. F*ck online trophies, they've been ruining platinum's since 2008.  

Contributions would be appreciated and I'll edit this post and add your findings. 
You can observe peoples platinums easily by clicking on a profile - trophy log and sorting by PS3, platinum and going to the last page. 
Or once on their profile page add this to the URL: /log?platform=ps3&type=platinum

Edited by dfyd
  • Like 3

What definitely helps is looking at the 'Games' section of this website, look at only PlayStation 3 games, and then go to the last page of the latest trophy lists. If I'm being redundant, then I apologize.

Interesting to note that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, while being the first game to ever get a platinum, did not initially come with a platinum trophy when it released. Xbox Achievements predate PlayStation Trophies. I remember getting achievements in Halo 3 back in late 2007. I partly think Sony implemented the trophy system so that they can compete with Microsoft, who had already implemented achievements. Call of Duty 2 was given achievements back in late 2005.

Definitely fascinating to see where trophies have gone over the past 14 years. Uncharted, Dead Space, Call of Duty: World at War, Prince of Persia, GTA IV and Fallout 3 are still worth playing. You definitely had to work your butt off to get the platinum trophies for a lot of these older titles.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AJ_Radio said:

What definitely helps is looking at the 'Games' section of this website, look at only PlayStation 3 games, and then go to the last page of the latest trophy lists. If I'm being redundant, then I apologize.

Interesting to note that Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, while being the first game to ever get a platinum, did not initially come with a platinum trophy when it released. Xbox Achievements predate PlayStation Trophies. I remember getting achievements in Halo 3 back in late 2007. I partly think Sony implemented the trophy system so that they can compete with Microsoft, who had already implemented achievements. Call of Duty 2 was given achievements back in late 2005.

Definitely fascinating to see where trophies have gone over the past 14 years. Uncharted, Dead Space, Call of Duty: World at War, Prince of Persia, GTA IV and Fallout 3 are still worth playing. You definitely had to work your butt off to get the platinum trophies for a lot of these older titles.

I wish it were that easy ha, as I mentioned, that method isn't very reliable as it excludes games like 'aquanauts holiday' and shows some games out of order unfortunately. 
For me the PS3 era represents that golden age of trophy hunting, with few easy platinums. While there were a lot of easy plats, it pales in comparison to today and an account with 100 plats back in 2013 was seriously impressive! 
Many of the games on 2008 available list are still well worth playing. 
Achievements are great too, especially on older titles. It's just a shame there's no site as good as psnprofiles in that space. 

Just now, dfyd said:

I wish it were that easy ha, as I mentioned, that method isn't very reliable as it excludes games like 'aquanauts holiday' and shows some games out of order unfortunately. 
For me the PS3 era represents that golden age of trophy hunting, with few easy platinums. While there were a lot of easy plats, it pales in comparison to today and an account with 100 plats back in 2013 was seriously impressive! 
Many of the games on 2008 available list are still well worth playing. 
Achievements are great too, especially on older titles. It's just a shame there's no site as good as psnprofiles in that space. 

Agree. It just annoys me to see the amount of shovelware that enters the store now. PlayStation is basically another Steam.

You can definitely argue that a lot of trophy lists from 2008 - 2009 were too tedious and difficult. But even just beating the game from a casual gamers point of view, not the easiest thing to do. Call of Duty: World at War was great, yet was challenging even on lower difficulties. I never played on Veteran so I wasn't subject to countless attempts. Grenade spam was not nice.

• Like 1

Here's one that I've done that is from 2008:

Afrika

Well technically the JP version is from 2008, the NA version was 2009. :P 

I've done 10 of the 14 you listed, as well as LBP 1 and Quantum of Solace.

I didn't actually know Mercenaries 2 was still obtainable, I have the game and have wanted to start it for a while now!

9 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

Here's one that I've done that is from 2008:

Afrika

Well technically the JP version is from 2008, the NA version was 2009. :P 

I've done 10 of the 14 you listed, as well as LBP 1 and Quantum of Solace.

I didn't actually know Mercenaries 2 was still obtainable, I have the game and have wanted to start it for a while now!

Afrika was released then, for example the original Japanese version doesn't even have a trophy list. IIRC only the US version has a trophy list and the first platinum achiever was on the 19th of October 2009. :) 

Mercenaries 2 is still available to a point, there's a chance it'll glitch out on you and once again IIRC, you'll need to buy a copy of either battlefield bad company or army of two, to agree to their terms of service from 2008, but definitely research it before starting.  

7 minutes ago, wltrsjcwvita said:

Add Wipeout HD to the unobtainable list too

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/36-wipeout-hd

Done, thankyou. :) 

14 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

List is missing Super Stardust HD that received a trophy patch on July 2nd 2008

https://www.eurogamer.net/ps3-trophies-now-in-super-stardust-hd

Unfortunately it doesn't have a platinum. :( 

Among these I've done Uncharted, Dead Space, Alone in the Dark and Prince of Persia. In old times, most of platinums were really worthy and time-consuming not like today many Ratalaika piece-of-sxxt platinums popped every day (no offense, just my own opinion).

I certainly miss those early trophy hunting days. Back before the participation platinums and shameless exploitation madness.  My COD World at War trophy set is so gangster that several of those 2008 trophies are missing the timestamps (Sony must have been trying to iron out the wrinkles).  
Don’t forget about the original Kung Fu Panda platinum from 2008.  If you can manage to find a copy, the platinum is still obtainable.

*Edit: I’m officially senile, I confused Kung Fu Panda with Kung Fu Panda 2.  So, disregard my attempt to contribute.

Edited by jpmelville

in 2008 they patched in trophies and introuduced trophies. i remember the 2 games at the time was battlefield bad company 1, and grand theft auto. i specifically remember gta because i had 100% prior to trophy patching and it said i had to do a new save to get trophies they wouldnt auto pop. it was infuriating lol. but generally any game in 2008 would be it. i have a few games that took me 12 yrs to complete. i think mw2 and codwaw

bioshock, fallout 3, borderlands, golden axe maybe? 

you can also look at peoples profiles who have alot of trophies and look at the bottom right column where it says first trophy. the first few achievements there will be pretty old. my battlefield trophy says 14 yrs ago

Edited by melodicmizery