Community Puzzle: The Case of the Missing Couple

Thanks man! You're just the gift that keeps on giving, man?

1 hour ago, Platinum_Vice said:

Hi all, 

I hope you like the badges. Holy hell does Microsoft Paint have limitations. 

I am so surprised with how fast you guys solved some of these puzzles. I did expect that you might need to come together as a group even more than you did with some of them so kudos to you all. 

Something else that surprised me was that there was not questioning of ‘the meta,’ and how everyone seemed to accept that the detective was a reliable narrator and wasn’t a Jigsaw murderer or anything like that. Smevz threw that in at the end but it was a bit of a relief that you all just ran with what I kept putting up. ?  

Also... nobody noticed that Crash’s cube is the 3D model of Puzzle #7? ?

Yo I was quite impressed with everybody as well! I stepped away and came back to see two or three puzzle formats I was unfamiliar with, and everybody's like "GOT IT!" Felt like when Bart cheated on his aptitude test and ended up in a gifted class that was utterly beyond his depth.. now I wanna watch that episode and be like "I feel you, homie"?

I actually just kinda threw that out there to be silly, really! The idea did cross my mind but not in a serious way. I'm not sure if it sounds weird or not, but I absolutely trusted you to not try and pull the rug from under us or anything like that!

Also, that Crash Rubix cube thing?? Genius. You would. I remember seeing that one and bein like oh hell no?

Do me a favor, and whatever you're doing just stop for a sec to brush that dirt off your shoulder... cuz you're a damn pimp, sir!

Edited by YaManSmevz
  • Like 3

I know the event is over, and I know I didn't actually post an update, but I was playing along.... and I will only accept my badge once I actually feel like I've earned it and solved all the other puzzles!

Like a total dork, I printed pretty much all of them out on paper, and have been working them out like that, I think I'm on Puzzle #6 (I'm sure I'm not the only one, so try not to be offended by the dork statement ?). So I'm going to get cracking with that, and then probably spend an age trying to figure out that final puzzle :lol:

I just want to say Vice, you deserve every single bit of credit you are getting for this, and more. This was a wonderful idea, and a wonderful event, whilst I didn't pop my head in like I should have, I have been reading along (you guys were solving these like Usain Bolt!). The amount of you put into it has been outstanding! I just thought you ought to know from my side, just in case you thought my lack of input was from a lack of enjoyment. Which is the complete opposite! 

I love those badges by the way! Those are amazing. The fact you made those in Microsoft Paint is nuts to me. Sometimes I struggle just to crop things effectively using that :facepalm:... I hope this isn't the last time we're all busting out our sleuthing hates either!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rjkclarke said:

I think I'm on Puzzle #6 (I'm sure I'm not the only one, so try not to be offended by the dork statement 1f602.png). So I'm going to get cracking with that, and then probably spend an age trying to figure out that final puzzle :lol:

I'm here if you need any hints.

Thanks as always for the kind words RJ :)

• Like 3

On 7/18/2022 at 8:56 AM, Platinum_Vice said:

14_Taruta13.png

I am honored although I came in late and solved the puzzles offline, but I appreciate the badge. I'll try to be worthy of it. ^_^

Thanking you for the great event which didn't involving any trophies whatsoever. :D

On 7/18/2022 at 8:56 AM, Platinum_Vice said:

Something else that surprised me was that there was not questioning of ‘the meta,’ and how everyone seemed to accept that the detective was a reliable narrator and wasn’t a Jigsaw murderer or anything like that.

I've read quite a few murder mystery series (mostly involving cats as characters ?) and I know that it's very unlikely that detectives are killers... well...

*looks at Persona 4 and Persona 5*

MOST of the time. <_<

• Like 1