Lollipop Chainsaw Remastered Officially Announced.

Rias Gremory

the new message from the devs is encouraging, but not a definitive confirmation that there will be no censorship, also it seems like this is another one of those many blurry lines edition of a game where it's not a remaster or remake, it's in the middle and they call it whatever they think sounds better for the marketing, from what he says, this won't be a remake 100%, more like a remaster +

In regards to this, I intend to play Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) before the year's up. At least, by whatever decision Sony makes, their data analytics will pick up that X demograph of our users have played the PS3 game, and that number rose/dropped because we allowed it to be the same/content was censored.

There's a big time industry when it comes to analytics. They've been doing it since at least the PS3 era when Andrew House was talking about install bases and which specific games their users like to play. Which to me, tells me that Sony takes that seriously.

9 hours ago, DARKKRAKEN666 said:

Yeah by what he said on Twitter they didn’t want to call it a remaster because they won’t be able to use 16 music tracks from the original game but a remaster is essentially is what they are making.

So they are not rebuilding the game from the ground up but just cleaning up the graphics?

1 hour ago, zizimonster said:

I'm happy with a remaster. And I hope they release the game with a reasonable price tag because it is as old as Ubisoft's Far Cry 31f605.png

I agree a remaster of the game is fine since it was from the PS3 there is no reason to remake the game, just add in all the costumes. I actually grabbed a copy a few years ago from a Wal-mart clearance sale, I got Lollipop Chainsaw, Kingdoms of Amalur and Starhawk all for 1$ each.

Edited by Void
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 7:45 PM, zizimonster said:

I'm happy with a remaster. And I hope they release the game with a reasonable price tag because it is as old as Ubisoft's Far Cry 3. ?

Yeah my thoughts exactly as well. :)

@DaivRules Say Dave. Would you be able to change the word remake to remastered on the title above please?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maya Akitsu said:

Yeah my thoughts exactly as well. :)

@DaivRules Say Dave. Would you be able to change the word remake to remastered on the title above please?

If you click edit on the opening post in a thread, you can change the title of the thread. 

I’ll go ahead and change this thread. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

Lollipop Chainsaw remake, now called Lollipop Chainsaw RePOP, is expected to release in Summer 2024.

Damn, I was hoping it would drop some time this year but oh well. I actually just bought the Japanese Premium Edition off ebay earlier this week, just waiting for it to arrive at some point this month or early next. Looking to milestone that plat cause it's got a sweet trophy tile and the game is awesome. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...