The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

I spent ~$35.97 + tax (which totalled $40.28) on the Hot Wheels DLCs, and I got 402 points.

So yeah, easiest way to think of it is 10 points per dollar spent, rounded down to the nearest 10 cent amount. Good to know that the taxes are included in the points earned though! 

Also a stupid thing I noticed. Why is it 1250 points for $5, but also 6250 points for $25?? Any smart business model would make it so that you need slightly fewer points to get a higher discount, like say 6000 points for $25 instead. Otherwise, there's no point in waiting to reach 6250 points when you get the same point/per dollar amount for getting 5 of the $5 cards.

Edited by Jerry_Appleby
  • Like 3

Signed up today, had no problem signing in. After that, pretty downhill. Even after playing a game, the October check in challenge is still saying 0% when it should be completed. Been over 5 hours now and no update, nothing. Anyone find a fix yet to these kind of challenge problems?

It is so annoying seeing that stuff is registering for other people and nothing has for me. After all day I have no progress towards my level even though I earned rare trophies, bought a game, and started up several games required for the challenges. Yet someone on my friends list keeps having their level go up and is now halfway to 3.

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

"Sony will reward 10 PS Stars points for every $1 that PlayStation Plus subscribers spend on games."

So every point is 10 cents spent in the PSN Store...

To get Nier automata at 10.000 points you need to spent 1000 dollars in the store

So much worse than Sony Reward back in the day. Even though it was only NA. at least it was decent since it was points for trophies and purchases, something we all do. This feels so petty of Sony, though yes I do understand they dont need to give us anything...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

So much worse than Sony Reward back in the day. Even though it was only NA. at least it was decent since it was points for trophies and purchases, something we all do. This feels so petty of Sony, though yes I do understand they dont need to give us anything...

Sony will never give points again for trophies thanks to our lovely ezpz games for 1 dollar.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, NathanielJohn said:

No, they mean what they said, and what they said is right. 1250 points gets you $5 in your PS wallet. In other words, 1250 points gets you 500 cents. So each point gets you 500/1250 = 0.4 cents. Not 0.4 dollars. Not 40 cents. Not $0.40. Not .4% of a cent.  Not 0.04.

0.4 cents per point

Everyone is saying the same thing are we not?

.4 can be translated to .40 or even .400000. Not in terms of money of course but in terms of decimals. 

.4 cents is .40 cents

.4 cents is $0.40

.40 cents is $0.40

I just did the math. 1 point is indeed just $0.40. 

.40 • 1250 = 500 or in other words

$0.40 • 1250 = 500 cents aka 5 dollars. 

Math isn’t in question it’s just your ability to comprehend that we all agree lol. 

Edited by BestUsername----

9 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

.4 can be translated to .40 or even .400000. Not in terms of money of course but in terms of decimals. 

.4 cents is .40 cents

.4 cents is $0.40

.40 cents is $0.40

0.004 X 1250 = 5

So 10 points per dollar spent, is that 4% back on purchases?  not too bad.  And my local store surprised me with a 15% sale on psn credit yesterday.

Edited by maisie666

5 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

I played Uncharted 1 Remastered and the October check in challenge hasn't popped for me yet.

Also for the PS Store picks challenge, will it still count if you insert the physical disc or is Sony just trying to fuck over people who prefer physical media?

I played The Crew 2 on physical media and it worked fine for me. After 10 minutes I received the notification that I unlocked the collectible.

The service is still a little unstable, but physical media games do work.

2 minutes ago, maisie666 said:

$0.004 X 1250 = $5

I’m no math wiz but yes .004 • 1250 is 5 but that’s how it works. .40 cents times 1250 is 500. When you multiply it is still in “cent” form. So 100 pennyies is 1 dollar meaning 500 Pennies equate to 5 dollars. 

5 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

The discounts aren't great as you guys can see, but obviously Sony isn't creating this program to save you guys money, they know that people will be enticed into spending more money if they think they're getting free stuff out of it.

I agree it’s not really worth it in the short or long run. But what else could they have done when people abused the absolute shit out of their last system. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

I’m no math wiz but yes .004 • 1250 is 5 but that’s how it works. .40 cents times 1250 is 500. When you multiply it is still in “cent” form. So 100 pennyies is 1 dollar meaning 500 Pennies equate to 5 dollars. 

In the post i replied to, it said $0.40 x 1250 = 500c  and i read that as 40c X 1250 = ($)500,  but 0.40c X 1250 = 500c works for me.  

Edited by maisie666
  • Like 1

I got a message from PlayStation when I logged on into my PS4. Saying because I pre ordered god of war and modern warfare 2 I’ll automatically get points after enrolling in PlayStation Stars. So I did that and I didn’t get anything. Is there something specific that I need to do. Thank you 

9 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

I got a message from PlayStation when I logged on into my PS4. Saying because I pre ordered god of war and modern warfare 2 I’ll automatically get points after enrolling in PlayStation Stars. So I did that and I didn’t get anything. Is there something specific that I need to do. Thank you 

I noticed that pop up when I contacted PlayStation support for a refund. Before I could proceed, it said there's no need to request a refund for those two games since the points would be applied. I didn't really pay attention to the pop-up and can't get it to come up again, but I think I saw 10 days. I could be wrong.

47 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

.4 cents is .40 cents

.4 cents is $0.40

.40 cents is $0.40

Math isn’t in question it’s just your ability to comprehend that we all agree lol. 

.4 cents is NOT $0.40 in this context. It is $0.004. $0.004 x 1250 is $5. We would say .4 dollars if we want $0.40. I think that's where the confusion is coming from. 

You get $5 for 1250 points. Convert $5 to cents and you get 500 cents. 500/1250 = 0.4 cents. Think of this 0.4 cents as less than 1 cent, it's 40% of 1 cent.

If you do $0.40 x 1250 points you get $500 and that's definitely not what we're getting. 

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Thedah said:

.4 cents is NOT $0.40 in this context. It is $0.004. $0.004 x 1250 is $5. We would say .4 dollars if we want $0.40. I think that's where the confusion is coming from. 

You get $5 for 1250 points. Convert $5 to cents and you get 500 cents. 500/1250 = 0.4 cents. Think of this 0.4 cents as less than 1 cent, it's 40% of 1 cent.

If you do $0.40 x 1250 points you get $500 and that's definitely not what we're getting. 

Ahhhhh, I see now. Like I said math isn’t my forte. Always a pleasure learning though. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, PortaLuna said:

I noticed that pop up when I contacted PlayStation support for a refund. Before I could proceed, it said there's no need to request a refund for those two games since the points would be applied. I didn't really pay attention to the pop-up and can't get it to come up again, but I think I saw 10 days. I could be wrong.

I got the message from PlayStation yesterday. But I just saw it when I logged on into my PS4. I didn’t get any points after I enrolled. Not sure if the point will be credited once the games gets released. 

edit: this is odd. So when I enrolled was via the PS App. But when I go into PS4 console the PS store, PlayStation Stars it says scan to join via the PS App. When I scan it takes me directly to the stars in PS App but still not updated on the console. Any ideas why it’s not syncing. Thanks  

Edited by ZEE11W

After making several attempts which errored out, it finally let me join. Things appear to be quite congested by the influx of people joining, because the October Check-In won't seem to complete for me, either (not that I care about a virtual dinosaur statue, but still). Since I'm a PS+ member, maybe I'll accumulate enough points through general purchases to get some occasional wallet funds, but that's about it; none of the campaigns look remotely worthwhile so far. It might improve over time, but they honestly could have just relaunched trophy passes with drastically reduced point values, to make them less "abusable," and it would've been a heck of a lot better than this. Oh well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ryuzakix5 said:

1 Returnal

2 unknown

3 unknown

4 Bloodborne
5 Until Dawn

6 unknown (but this could be Tony Hawk 1 + 2) I'm not US so I can't try it out

Asking for something and not giving hints on whay you've found will never give you answers. I don't know why people keep their secrets.

12 hours ago, SavedByBlood17 said:

1. Returnal

2. Death Stranding: Directors Cut

3. Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

4. Detroit Become Human

5. Until Dawn

6. Heavy Rain

I thought Returnal for 1 as well but didn't register after booting it up.

Can anyone confirm the others?

4 Detroit Become Human I figured out as well, haven't tried it yet

But yeah, so far it seems pretty basic

14 minutes ago, StraightVege said:

Since I'm a PS+ member, maybe I'll accumulate enough points through general purchases to get some occasional wallet funds

You get 10points every dollar spent, so for $5, you need at least 1250 points. 

Time to start spending! $125 to be exact, but luckily there's also challenges you can accept and do for points.

Hoping for holiday events that will give more points. Cause so far it feels so weak.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

You get 10points every dollar spent, so for $5, you need at least 1250 points. 

Time to start spending! $125 to be exact, but luckily there's also challenges you can accept and do for points.

Hoping for holiday events that will give more points. Cause so far it feels so weak.

Yeah... I'm certainly not buying anything in their overpriced selection of crap, just to complete a campaign worth 50 points, nor will I download and launch a ton of games to get a digital knickknack I'll never look at again. ?  However, earning points for store purchases used to be a perk of the old Sony Rewards program, before they utterly ruined it, so I'm okay with that.