The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

On 15/10/2022 at 4:53 PM, GamesNosh said:

Your account must have been created on or before 2007 (the launch year for PS3 in PAL territories)

Great… I signed up at the beginning of 2008. What a stupid requirement considering I was there throughout the lifespan of PS3 (just didn’t go online right away). ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MoneyShotxox said:

I had to install both versions of heavy rain I have to see which one works as the first install was not counting 

What do you mean by "both versions"? PS4 digi and PS3 disc? ;) (PS4 disc I guess). And which one worked for you?

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, MoneyShotxox said:

For some reason I have two different digital ps4 versions I can download on my profile 

! That's interesting...
Ok, so according to PSNPrices there is "Heavy Rain" PS4 digi and "Heavy Rain + Beyond Two Souls Collection". That COULD be the "different" version...
Any chance that you maybe bought this COLLECTION? It is 39,99 € now, so before I will do something stupid like BUYING IT AGAIN, I would like to get some more info :D.

Edit: I can not even add it to cart. Got an error that I have different version already :/

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Smashero said:

! That's interesting...
Ok, so according to PSNPrices there is "Heavy Rain" PS4 digi and "Heavy Rain + Beyond Two Souls Collection". That COULD be the "different" version...
Any chance that you maybe bought this COLLECTION? It is 39,99 € now, so before I will do something stupid like BUYING IT AGAIN, I would like to get some more info :D.

Edit: I can not even add it to cart. Got an error that I have different version already :/

I got both from ps plus ages ago so never paid for them can’t tell you when i acquired them tho sorry.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MoneyShotxox said:

I got both from ps plus ages ago so never paid for them can’t tell you when i acquired them tho sorry.

Any chance that you could post a screenshot of your library showing those two versions? I am quite intrigued now...

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Any chance that you could post a screenshot of your library showing those two versions? I am quite intrigued now...

Yeah give me 5 mins no problem 

12 minutes ago, Smashero said:

https://imgur.com/a/NUCTMJg

Edited by MoneyShotxox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

! That's interesting...

If it helps at all, I have the physical North American PS4 collection and that is the disc I used that worked for me.

I don't know if this question has been asked previously, but if I have £100 in my wallet and buy a game, do I get the points?

I'm asking because I've seen somewhere that if you buy a game with PSN top up money, you don't get the points.

Is it just for direct purchase?

?

13 minutes ago, ErhanSsJ4 said:

I don't know if this question has been asked previously, but if I have £100 in my wallet and buy a game, do I get the points?

I'm asking because I've seen somewhere that if you buy a game with PSN top up money, you don't get the points.

1f914.png

I just got the points from using wallet funds that I bought two games from to test and it worked 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ErhanSsJ4 said:

1f914.png

Yeah, I also got points with a purchase from wallet funds.  That article is just plain wrong about it.

Finished the campaign Hit Play/1994 minutes ago.

Since my account is a German PSN account, my PSN zone for the shop is also EU/Germany.

Also, it was enough to just boot up each game, until the game's main window or first settings window was shown. Had not to really "play" any game.
Only used a PS5 for the challenge.
Console language: English (United Kingdom)

Spoiler

Song title: Stay x Circle of Life

Game: Returnal

Which version: PS5 version via download. If you play the disc version, this also counts.

More information: Had no streaming option. 

Song title: Baby I Love Your Way x Go West

Game: Death Stranding: Director's Cut

Which version: PS5 version via download. If you upgraded the PS4 disc version to the PS5 download version and use the PS5 download version, this also counts.

More information: Had no streaming option. The PS4 version via stream doesn't count, nor is the PS4 version labeled as a Director's Cut in any way.

20221017114558.jpg

Song title: Mr. Jones x Regulate

Game: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Digital Edition
Which version: PS4 version via streaming.
More information: The tile in the game catalog for this game is also called Uncharted 4: A Thief's End Digital Edition. 

Alternative way for downloading this game: PS-App -> Search for uncharted -> You should see one entry called Uncharted 4: A Thief's End & Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Digital Bundle -> Use the Download to console-button (Or whatever this button is called in English) -> Later your console should begin downloading two separate games: Uncharted 4 and The Lost Legacy.

20221017114306.jpg

Song title: More Human Than Human

Game: Detroid: Become Human

Which version:  PS4 version via streaming.

More information: The tile in the game catalog for this game is also called Detroid: Become Human.

Song title: Wild Night

Game: Until Dawn

More information: The tile in the game catalog for this game is also called Until Dawn, but I had to press the three dots and then select Stream to actually get the streaming option.

20221017115224.jpg

Song title: Streets of Philadelphia

Game: Heavy Rain

More information: I had to manually search for this game using the normal search function (top-left tile) and then I had to press the three dots and then select Stream to actually get the streaming option.

20221017160814.jpg

20221017160808.jpg

Edited by Geridian
Added some pictures
  • Like 1

On 16/10/2022 at 6:07 PM, VeldinX said:

Great… I signed up at the beginning of 2008. What a stupid requirement considering I was there throughout the lifespan of PS3 (just didn’t go online right away). ?

A shame, but it's specifically a reward for people that have been there from the absolute start. NF56BUq.png

1 hour ago, GamesNosh said:

A shame, but it's specifically a reward for people that have been there from the absolute start. NF56BUq.png

Dang it sucks because I have been around that long but created a new PSN later on :\ ah well.

I also bought Incryption and didn't get the 50 extra points despite starting that challenge, so hoping it's just a delayed reaction (don't particularly feel like going through the 17 pages of this thread to see if it's happened to others but I'm sure it has)

10 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Dang it sucks because I have been around that long but created a new PSN later on :\ ah well.

I also bought Incryption and didn't get the 50 extra points despite starting that challenge, so hoping it's just a delayed reaction (don't particularly feel like going through the 17 pages of this thread to see if it's happened to others but I'm sure it has)

I bought inscryption the day the challenge went live, got 200 some points or whatever for the purchase but no extra 50 points

• Like 1

On 10/17/2022 at 2:25 AM, ErhanSsJ4 said:

1f914.png

I bought a month of PlayStation Plus Extra with PSN money (from gift cards) the other day, and I got 150 points. ?

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

I bought inscryption the day the challenge went live, got 200 some points or whatever for the purchase but no extra 50 points

Yeah so far some of these challenges have been a buggy mess. I live chatted with support to see if they can give it a kick or something but they said they had to escalate the issue and would get back to me by email. They suggested I keep checking the app periodically to see if the 50 points come through. Hopefully this isn't really necessary to do and it'll just come through for everyone eventually but will update this thread if/when it happens for me