The all new PlayStation Stars loyalty program (Stars are not NFTs)

The_Kopite

10 hours ago, doGmaI_777 said:

That's good to know. I read the loading every game part from a site with the answers to the music challenge. I'm going to turn on MK 11 now. 

*EDIT* Just loaded Uncharted 4 for the 1994 Challenge. It moved the bar 16%, so apparently that challenge is to load all six games. 

They can't even do ONE thing right (that, and the expired campaign for purchasing specific games, which included the F2P game Century: Age of Ashes)

Anyway, it moved 20% for me, looks like i'm seeing 5 games instead of 6, for whatever reason.

I don't think i'll care about this crap that much, since PSN cards are excluded, and i use only them now...

Edited by Lance_87

35 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

It's literally out for two weeks, how about waiting a few months before throwing stones?
I swear, some people will look for any excuse to bash Sony these days, Stars is free, isn't forcing you to do or buy anything (FOMO aside) and have a potential of becoming a nice addition to Playstation brand.
I, for one, am looking forward the future, the only thing I'm mad about right now is the fact that Stars is on app and not console, which will be added later. Should be other way around if you ask me.

30 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Oh woe betide! If only this wasn't a mandatory service forced down our throats and the gall to make us all pay for this so-called service. The humanity, the humanity. 

We cant say anything against sony coz fanboys are standby on their keyboards

Pathetic

sorry gyus i wont say anything bad next time

sony is god the best company in the universe

16 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

They can't even do ONE thing right (that, and the expired campaign for purchasing specific games, which included the F2P game Century: Age of Ashes)

Anyway, it moved 20% for me, looks like i'm seeing 5 games instead of 6, for whatever reason.

I don't think i'll care about this crap that much, since PSN cards are excluded, and i use only them now...

I think I read that six will only show up if you have a PS5, but I'm not 100% sure if that is the case. As for the PSN cards, what region are you? I have a couple of gift card options at the bottom of the rewards page. The conversion rate is brutal, especially if you focus mostly on buying physical games. I'm hoping they make coins more common, but I'd imagine it will be a year before we see any significant change to the program. 

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

B9E7DF60-C999-4A18-8A41-550087F629F0.gif

Is "Fanboyism" now just the same as "waiting a minute to see how something goes before shitting on it"?

1f602.png

The infrastructure is there now -seems to work okay-ish. 

Let's just see if Sony manages to do anything cool with it.

You never know - once the system is fully rolled out and functioning well, it's possible it could be either really cool... or a waste of time.

Need to wait and see - I'm pretty sure that's all anyone was saying :dunno:

I mean...

...It's almost like there might actually be some nuance in between:

...and:

Bless you. There is a huge gap between being optimistically critical and spewing vitriol. I really hope this program takes off, but I also understand there are shortcomings to the program. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

Bless you. There is a huge gap between being optimistically critical and spewing vitriol. I really hope this program takes off, but I also understand there are shortcomings to the program. 

Yeah - it feels a little barren in terms of ideas right now - but I'm fairly impressed with the implementation of the actual mechanical stuff in the App and whatnot - it could become a real cool thing given some time... as long as Sony don't Google-Shutter it too quickly, and give it time to grow.

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

only full games as I know.

It definitely counts subscriptions from my personal experience so I don't see why DLC wouldn't count. I got a decent chunk of points from upgrading from Essential to Extra. It seems consumables have a different set of rules in some regards on PSN so V-bucks doesn't feel guaranteed to give points.

3 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Yeah - it feels a little barren in terms of ideas right now - but I'm fairly impressed with the implementation of the actual mechanical stuff in the App and whatnot - it could become a real cool thing given some time... as long as Sony don't Google-Shutter it too quickly, and give it time to grow.

I'm actually glad for the Stars program for getting me back into the app itself more than anything. I hadn't used the app in several, several years and man has it been updated.

**old man voice** back in my day, you had to have two apps, one for looking at trophies and one for sending messages. 

The app is so much better now. The UI is sexy, browsing the store is easier than on a console, etc. As for the loyalty program itself, I'm not a creative guy, so I don't know where they might take it, but I'm assuming it will be in this state for at least a business quarter while the mine us for data to determine if it has changed any behavior. I truly expect it will be at least a year before the program feels more... robust. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

I think I read that six will only show up if you have a PS5, but I'm not 100% sure if that is the case. As for the PSN cards, what region are you? I have a couple of gift card options at the bottom of the rewards page. The conversion rate is brutal, especially if you focus mostly on buying physical games. I'm hoping they make coins more common, but I'd imagine it will be a year before we see any significant change to the program. 

Italy. But i get the cards from CDKeys and/or Eneba (mostly the former)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jeul_Dragon said:

I also just hit level 3 and do not see the "This Day is Bananas" campaign.

Perhaps there are other requirements to unlocking that campaign such as playing a certain game or already having been level 3 earlier than today?

I just got the Bananas campaign!

1 hour ago, Squarevii87 said:

We cant say anything against sony coz fanboys are standby on their keyboards

Pathetic

sorry gyus i wont say anything bad next time

sony is god the best company in the universe

I literally said something against Sony in a post you replied to, but I read way too many "shit sux" posts that I had to add my 2 cents.
You can say whatever you like and don't have to worry about the Fanboy Boogeyman, but seeing so many needlessly negative, almost angry posts makes me wonder what exactly would you people want or expect from Stars since day 1.
I am content with it as it is, and hope it will evolve into much better service. I can understand people not being happy with PS Plus, especially Premium, since it is a service you pay for, but Stars is literally free. Before it, there was nothing, now, there's something. It could be better, hopefully it will be better, but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

EDIT: since I couldn't find anything not vague online, can someone tell me if there's anything MISSABLE in higher levels? Like some extra timed challenges? Or is it just "hey, good job on leveling up, here's your complimentary collectible, champ" atm?

Edited by czDante92

Hello everyone I don't know if there is already an answer to my question but since there are 17 pages of replies I'd rather ask the question than look at all the messages. In my country PlayStation star came out today and I was looking at my prizes and I noticed they have a rarity (I have 1 common and 3 uncommons). Looking at the little symbol next to the rarity I noticed that when the item gets more rare another triangle gets added to the shape. I imagined the shaped full of triangles and so I concluded that there are 6 rarities. Does anyone have or know of any object more rare than uncommon?

6 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

Hello everyone I don't know if there is already an answer to my question but since there are 17 pages of replies I'd rather ask the question than look at all the messages. In my country PlayStation star came out today and I was looking at my prizes and I noticed they have a rarity (I have 1 common and 3 uncommons). Looking at the little symbol next to the rarity I noticed that when the item gets more rare another triangle gets added to the shape. I imagined the shaped full of triangles and so I concluded that there are 6 rarities. Does anyone have or know of any object more rare than uncommon?

Reward for Hit Play/1994 challenge is "Heroic" (in my language), with 4 triangles.
Also the collectibles you can buy with points are "Rare" with 3 triangles, so your conclusion seem right.

Edited by czDante92

6 minutes ago, ITALUKE said:

The only other rarity I’ve seen is Rare, which is what the Ape escape reward collectibles are

2 minutes ago, chrisy21 said:

So does pre-orders only count for points when you make the order or when the game is released? 

1 minute ago, czDante92 said:

I would also like to know.
I'm tempted to cancel my MWII pre-order.

same here I pre ordered 2 games and got a message from Sony that I don’t need to cancel I’ll get point. But so far nothing. Not sure if the points are going to be added on the day of release 

3 minutes ago, ZEE11W said:

same here I pre ordered 2 games and got a message from Sony that I don’t need to cancel I’ll get point. But so far nothing. Not sure if the points are going to be added on the day of release 

Did you preorder the games before you registered in Stars? And can you please post the reply from Sony?

25 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

EDIT: since I couldn't find anything not vague online, can someone tell me if there's anything MISSABLE in higher levels? Like some extra timed challenges? Or is it just "hey, good job on leveling up, here's your complimentary collectible, champ" atm?

I'm actually curious about this too. Still early days and this is likely going to be a very niche group of people that would even ask that question so I doubt we will find anything yet. My personal pet theory is there will be some very time exclusive items, but given their rarity system, I think everything will get recycled. Only their rarity will determine how often it gets put in a campaign. I'd hope they would list any collectible as "one-time" if they don't ever plan to reuse it but who knows. 

I guess we could start a list of any missions any of us see. Below are the campaigns I can see as of 10/13/22 - Level 2 Stars Program: 

• Hit Play/1994
  • October Check-in
  • The World Warrior's Challenge
  • This Day is Bananas
  • PS Store Picks
  • PS VR BRB

Does anyone see any others on their app?

14 minutes ago, iamthedotcom said:

I'm actually curious about this too. Still early days and this is likely going to be a very niche group of people that would even ask that question so I doubt we will find anything yet. My personal pet theory is there will be some very time exclusive items, but given their rarity system, I think everything will get recycled. Only their rarity will determine how often it gets put in a campaign. I'd hope they would list any collectible as "one-time" if they don't ever plan to reuse it but who knows. 

I guess we could start a list of any missions any of us see. Below are the campaigns I can see as of 10/13/22 - Level 2 Stars Program: 

• Hit Play/1994
  • October Check-in
  • The World Warrior's Challenge
  • This Day is Bananas
  • PS Store Picks
  • PS VR BRB

Does anyone see any others on their app?

I don't have either Store Picks or VR ones in app. Also I found out that some people have "PlayStation and You: PS3" challenge, but haven't seen it anyhere. It's weird, I don't know if it's based on level, location or planet constellation, but as I said above, let's give them some time.

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, czDante92 said:

I don't have either Store Picks or VR ones in app. Also I found out that some people have "PlayStation and You: PS3" challenge, but haven't seen it anyhere. It's weird, I don't know if it's based on level, location or planet constellation, but as I said above, let's give them some time.

Hahahahaha. Well I sacrificed a chicken under the full moon, I can only assume that plays some part in this. 

• Like 1