Servers Going Offline August 12th

UndreyVITA

10 minutes ago, eGEORGE__ said:

Hey Hunting☺️

I can confirm that I can no longer connect to the servers. MP is not accessible and the leaderboards are down.

I do not have botzone so I can make any statements regarding what still works.

If you can't get into the MP, I highly doubt the Botzone will work either :(. EDIT: I'm seeing reports you can access the Botzone mode.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you can't get into the MP, I highly doubt the Botzone will work either :(.

I can't confirm because I haven't tested with the servers now offline but I did try play Botzone with my Vita TV disconnected from the internet a couple of week ago and it worked fine. 

However you can't earn all the MP trophies in Botzone unfortunately, some required you to be in a actual multiplayer match to pop like play 100 matches for example.

Edited by CoolDust
  • Like 1

I don´t think it will works but.... May be, if we send several e-mails to Guerrilla, they could change the requirements for some trophies....

May be, if we ask them to maintain the leaderboard or to allow achieve trophies just using the botzone..... the y could add this option.

The mail is: [email protected]

Someone who could write an standar email so everybody could use it and send it to them... that would be great.

16 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Move on, just move on. If the devs had any interest in making the MP trophies doable offline, they would have done so years ago with the 1.50 patch when that removed the trophy hunting restrictions from the Online Botzone. Guerrilla are currently nose deep in Horizon 2 so aren't going to waste time, money and resources on a game they abandoned years ago. It would be great if they did change things but it's never going to happen.

I agree with you. It hasn't any sense but.... I dont know how many resources they need for example to maintain the leaderboards. I guess if they close servers the also need to close the leaderboard because it's attached to it... But may be they can let opened just one little server, who knows. 

The patch thing is a good point. The wont change the requirements... just ask for maintain a server for the leaderboard

Edited by DE_LOS_BOSQUES
add

Hace 3 horas, DE_LOS_BOSQUES dijo:

No creo que funcione, pero... Puede ser que, si enviamos varios correos electrónicos a Guerrilla, podrían cambiar los requisitos para algunos trofeos...

Puede ser, si les pedimos que mantengan la tabla de clasificación o que permitan lograr trofeos solo usando la botzone... la y podría añadir esta opción.

El correo electrónico es: [email protected]

Alguien que pudiera escribir un correo electrónico independiente para que todo el mundo pudiera usarlo y enviárselo... eso sería genial.

I thought about it and I'm going to do it, unless the online trophies are possible in the botzone for whoever bought it, I'm 10 games away from the centurion trophy, I encourage others to also send their emails

19 minutes ago, ian350850 said:

I thought about it and I'm going to do it, unless the online trophies are possible in the botzone for whoever bought it, I'm 10 games away from the centurion trophy, I encourage others to also send their emails

Sending emails to the devs is pointless, because they were shutdown by Sony in 2017. Sony themselves won't do anything either, because this game isn't making enough money to warrant keeping the servers going. The following trophies are now unobtainable, due to the servers closing:

Platinum

Noob

Centurion

Well-rounded

Aces High

All the others can be done in the Botzone DLC.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Sending emails to the devs is pointless, because they were shutdown by Sony in 2017. Sony themselves won't do anything either, because this game isn't making enough money to warrant keeping the servers going. The following trophies are now unobtainable, due to the servers closing:

Platinum

Noob

Centurion

Well-rounded

Aces High

Thanks for making a very easy to reference list. I have all of these, excluding the platinum, obviously. 

I was planning on doing Shadowfall with @Deadly_Ha_Ha; though that ship had sailed the moment the closure was announced. Neither he or I were prepared to drop our IRL responsibilities for a comically awful server closure notice. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Platinum

Noob

Centurion

Well-rounded

Aces High

Why did you add platinum on the list?Platinum is obtainable if you have the online trophies done.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Enviar correos electrónicos a los desarrolladores no tiene sentido, porque Sony los cerró en 2017. Sony tampoco hará nada, porque este juego no genera suficiente dinero para garantizar que los servidores funcionen. Los siguientes trofeos ahora no se pueden obtener debido al cierre de los servidores:

Platino

Novato

centurión

bien redondeado

ases alto

Todos los demás se pueden hacer en el DLC de Botzone.

but maybe sony puts some change in the MP trophies to be able to get them in the botzone

Yeah, I decided against going for Aces High. I boosted the other online trophies in June, and I really should've gone for it then. I got as high as Queen without trying. But I chose to set it aside for other things with the plan to get back to it later in the year. Then this announcement came. I could not get in the mood to put in the effort to compete with others within such a short timeframe.

So not going for it in June or earlier is a mistake I'll have to live with, but I'm at peace with not trying for it post-announcement and ultimately not being able to platinum it. I had nearly ten years to do it, and I didn't, and that's ok. Probably would've been another few years before I finally got the motivation to do those contracts and veteran, anyways ?

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Not a chance in hell. Sony shutdown all patch support for the Vita last Summer so there is zero chance of one being released for this or any other Vita game. Also, Sony closed down the devs in 2017 so there's no-one to make a patch, even if it was possible.

I understand, vita seems to be officially dead since 2021 so

13 hours ago, ian350850 said:

I understand, vita seems to be officially dead since 2021 so

Sony already dropped the Vita some 2-3 years after its initial release. After that it was mainly just small indie titles that got released.

13 hours ago, BrilloHD said:

Yeah, I decided against going for Aces High. I boosted the other online trophies in June, and I really should've gone for it then. I got as high as Queen without trying. But I chose to set it aside for other things with the plan to get back to it later in the year. Then this announcement came. I could not get in the mood to put in the effort to compete with others within such a short timeframe.

So not going for it in June or earlier is a mistake I'll have to live with, but I'm at peace with not trying for it post-announcement and ultimately not being able to platinum it. I had nearly ten years to do it, and I didn't, and that's ok. Probably would've been another few years before I finally got the motivation to do those contracts and veteran, anyways ?

I have a job and other real life responsibilities I need to take care of as well and I got the trophy in late July without putting an insane amount of effort into it. You could’ve at least tried. No pain, no gain.

I don’t know why these clowns complain every time a game goes dead from online getting shutdown, then blame the developer for everything. 

You had nearly a decade to do the multiplayer. If that wasn't enough time or you had a family commitment, then I don’t know what to tell you.

There’s going to be the same types of people bitching when Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and III as well as Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist all get their servers shut on September 1st. 

Waiting until the last minute for a 10 year old game and then realizing it’s too late to do the online, that’s entirely your fault. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I don’t know why these clowns complain every time a game goes dead from online getting shutdown, then blame the developer for everything. 

You had nearly a decade to do the multiplayer. If that wasn't enough time or you had a family commitment, then I don’t know what to tell you.

There’s going to be the same types of people bitching when Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood, Revelations and III as well as Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist all get their servers shut on September 1st. 

Waiting until the last minute for a 10 year old game and then realizing it’s too late to do the online, that’s entirely your fault. 

There is so much wrong with this logic (late discovery, new players to the console, growing backlog because chasing other shutdowns), but sure, I agree, it's not worth clowning about -- however, giving a 21 day shutdown notice for a 50+ hour and luck-dependent online portion is just bad customer service, and this is something that needs to be said and needs to be said bluntly. It is a shit practice and the complete disregard to any existing community, even if it's just like 5 people.

They did know in advance. They didn't care enough. And that's categorically shitty. Especially that in the Terms & Conditions they, well, at least imply a gracious 90 day notice. They could've done it if they cared.

• Like 3

Just now, fbdbh said:

There is so much wrong with this logic (late discovery, new players to the console, growing backlog because chasing other shutdowns), but sure, I agree, it's not worth clowning about -- however, giving a 21 day shutdown notice for a 50+ hour and luck-dependent online portion is just bad customer service, and this is something that needs to be said and needs to be said bluntly. It is a shit practice and the complete disregard to any existing community, even if it's just like 5 people.

They did know in advance. They didn't care enough. And that's categorically shitty. Especially that in the Terms & Conditions they, well, at least imply a gracious 90 day notice. They could've done it if they cared.

Family commitment just isn’t an excuse in my opinion. You can be a father of a two year old child. That child needs extensive care because the kid is only two. I’m sure you can still squeeze in a hour a week on the multiplayer, even with the kid asleep in bed. That’s assuming you were working on the online before there was a shutdown notice. 

Even just last week when I was boosting Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood on the PS3, there were people both in the party chat and the groups on the PS App complaining that there isn’t enough time. I did my part and boosted with friendliness with a group of guys from England. Because of time constraints I boosted in the day time, normally when I’m busy working and have family commitments. I didn’t play for more than a couple hours at a time, most of the time just sitting in that multiplayer menu. After two weeks I managed to do all the multiplayer. The people in party chat were nice and friendly, so I had a good experience.

Killzone Shadowfall was just too much work for what I was able to manage so I skipped picking up the game entirely. I did however do Killzone Mercenary years ago in 2018. Probably one of the best shooters for a handheld console. 

It sucks, but you can’t always get what you want in life. That’s why I get irritated at people here in the forums who procrastinated until the last minute, then decide to do too much at once. It’s not a healthy attitude and it just creates a series of arguments, with the people missing out blaming everything at the developer.

9 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Family commitment just isn’t an excuse in my opinion. You can be a father of a two year old child. That child needs extensive care because the kid is only two. I’m sure you can still squeeze in a hour a week on the multiplayer, even with the kid asleep in bed. That’s assuming you were working on the online before there was a shutdown notice. 

Even just last week when I was boosting Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood on the PS3, there were people both in the party chat and the groups on the PS App complaining that there isn’t enough time. I did my part and boosted with friendliness with a group of guys from England. Because of time constraints I boosted in the day time, normally when I’m busy working and have family commitments. I didn’t play for more than a couple hours at a time, most of the time just sitting in that multiplayer menu. After two weeks I managed to do all the multiplayer. The people in party chat were nice and friendly, so I had a good experience.

Killzone Shadowfall was just too much work for what I was able to manage so I skipped picking up the game entirely. I did however do Killzone Mercenary years ago in 2018. Probably one of the best shooters for a handheld console. 

It sucks, but you can’t always get what you want in life. That’s why I get irritated at people here in the forums who procrastinated until the last minute, then decide to do too much at once. It’s not a healthy attitude and it just creates a series of arguments, with the people missing out blaming everything at the developer.

My point still stands. The notice was an objectively shitty practice. I work at a company that maintains online games and we would never dare to give such a small notice.

And like I said, it's not about me. I don't care about the unobtainables. But if you want my (parent) perspective: Ace was impossible. My kinds visit their grandmother every month, usually giving me an entire day to myself. Whichi is more than optimal for such situation. Guess what, they visited just the week before. There was no way I could do Ace. I did everything else, chipping away, but this? Physically impossible. I could've done TODAY :,) Same with Shadow Fall, wich I actually f*cking grown to like and I enjoyed the grind. But nah, it's a ridiciulous amount of grind. And the two together? Best I could do is go for anything that I can get, handling the Vita on the go, playing Shadow Fall whenever the kids went for a walk or sleep.

The promised 90-day notice would've helped me. I won't complain when I inevitably miss out on AC Brotherhood, because Ubi at least did the bare fcking minimum gesture. Guerrilla did not.

Edited by fbdbh
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

My point still stands. The notice was an objectively shitty practice. I work at a company who maintaint online games and we would never dare to give such a small notice.

So you’re pinning the blame entirely on Guerrilla? 

I don’t see what can be accomplished by trying to tell them that three weeks wasn’t enough. 

And like I said, it's not about me. I don't care about the unobtainables. But if you want my (parent) perspective: Ace was impossible. My kinds visit their grandmother every month, usually giving me an entire day to myself. Whichi is more than optimal for such situation. Guess what, they visited just the week before. There was no way I could do Ace. I did everything else, chipping away, but this? Physically impossible. I could've done TODAY :,) Same with Shadow Fall, wich I actually f*cking grown to like and I enjoyed the grind. But nah, it's a ridiciulous amount of grind. And the two together? Best I could do is go for anything that I can get, handling the Vita on the go, playing Shadow Fall whenever the kids went for a walk or sleep.

I’m sorry you went thru this, but companies like Guerrilla aren’t going to cater to a small subset of gamers who partake in doing something that the average person doesn’t. Family or no family.

Ever since Killzone 2 back in 2018, I keep hearing the same stories pop up. It’s become a trend here on PSNP, some people will miss out and that’s not their fault at all. 

The promised 90-day notice would've helped me. I won't complain when I inevitably miss out on AC Brotherhood, because Ubi at least did the bare fcking minimum gesture. Guerrilla did not.

I wouldn’t put Ubisoft in any positive light, since they are a scummy multi-billion dollar corporation that had a bunch of their games go offline back in March because of server issues. Far Cry 2 had its online shut without any notice at all, only recently did the servers come back up. Were it not for people messaging Ubisoft, they probably would of let those servers shut indefinitely, which will come sooner or later given how old Far Cry 2 is. 

Guerrilla on the other hand is a smaller company, perhaps their higher ups just want to completely kill off Killzone. Who knows. 

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 1