This is borderline unplayable on PS4 Pro

Up until chapter 4 this game had 0 issues and i thought this game is great.. then it just went to complete sh*t!  Audio is completely broken, its stuttering/crackling/popping/cutting out very badly and its constant, major graphical issues, lots and lots of environmental pop ins and texture pop ins, i keep having to restart checkpoints because the game glitches.

Is it this bad on PS5 or is it one of those games that shouldn't have been released on last gen? 

46 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

This must be on your end. I got the plat on a friends PS4 Pro and we had zero issues.

The Guardians of the Galaxy on your profile is the Telltale version, that's not what this is. 

Edited by GUDGER666

Zero issues on the PS5. My partner had no issues on their PS4 Pro when they played it in the same house. Maybe reinstall the game to start with. Not sure what your sound and TV/Monitor set up is, but you could troubleshoot that. If you've had issues with different games where others have been fine, you could try cleaning your console too, you'd be surprised how many issues can be caused by a console full of shite. You are pretty much spoilt for choice when it comes to ways to actively troubleshoot this kind of thing.

• Like 1

Right. So I've found spots that i can replicate these issues especially the audio issue.. tried on another PS4, exactly the same, tried on a friends PS4 Pro, exactly the same. Also forgot i could just stream the game through Plus, tried and its exactly the same on PS4 Pro and Laptop so it's clearly not an issue on my end. Also doing a quick search i can find people saying the same thing and this is on PC/Xbox as well. So it's a bit baffling how people here are saying they had zero issues.. 

Here is a spot in chapter 7 that's very bad. This is the worst spot I've found but used as an example as i knew where it was.

• 2 weeks later...

Playing currently, thought I'd toss in on this. I'm seeing some slight audio synching issues here or there, but otherwise no performance issues. Or at least none that have stood out enough for me to notice. I'm playing on an OG PS4.

I played on OG PS4 up to chapter 8 and didn't really have any issues that would be make game unplayable. There were some frame issues when battles were intense...I remember my game was stuck on the huddle screen once and there was no dialogue or anything, just them hovering. I later finished on PS5 and it was pretty amazingly smooth.

• 8 months later...