(EVENT) DIDN'T HALF-ASS IT! A DLC EVENT - 2022 (Completed)

1 hour ago, gruffiiti said:

@MrHealthy That is one I need to do yet too. I'm hoping it isn't as boring as the main game. :|

Congrats though as you have been killing it so far!

I also didn't care for the main game that much.

The new area is a bit more involved and has puzzles that take a bit more work making it more interesting IMO. An improvement for sure, but still fundamentally the same game.

Doing all the mail challenges and hat hunting all in a row could definitely be annoying. It was my first time playing the game so I was able to space them out over the course of the game.

EDIT: Oh the spreadsheet is way fancier then I expected! Looks great!

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

I also didn't care for the main game that much.

The new area is a bit more involved and has puzzles that take a bit more work making it more interesting IMO. An improvement for sure, but still fundamentally the same game.

Doing all the mail challenges and hat hunting all in a row could definitely be annoying. It was my first time playing the game so I was able to space them out over the course of the game.

EDIT: Oh the spreadsheet is way fancier then I expected! Looks great!

Well I'm interested to see what they have added. Likely jump over to it sometime soon after I finish up Rise of the Tomb Raider. Bugsnax was one of a few games on my list that dropped new dlc this year.

The google sheet is mostly similar to last year but I did add more automation between the 2 pages so less work to update.

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

L9b2824.png

Cleared Bugsnax: The Isle of BIGsnax.

Great Job! Also one of the things on my list, will definetely come to it at some point. I liked to play the game with my wife, was great fun with her ;)

4 hours ago, gruffiiti said:

The google sheet tracker is up now and everyone can follow along with their progress!

As always, looks great! Thanks for All your work :)

• Like 2

My Update for the weekend. Making good progress in total and working right now on Ghost of Tsushima. The Single Player DLCs shouldnt take too long, but wasnt able to finish them in time for my Update.

Assassins Creed Valhalla:

Dawn of Ragnarök:
Finally finish with the last dlc! You should play this before you play the forgotten Saga since they are connected. This one was far bigger then expected but has a Real enjoyable story. First i didnt like the structure of the new World but after getting the new powers it wasnt as bad any longer and i got into it. My last save file said, i have played a total of 135 hours so more or less 1 1/2 months to finish the Main game with all dlcs. Read today, that the last DLC should be released in the end of the year so maybe i can come back to it and finish it up for good this year!

Saints Row: The Third Remastered

Genki Bowl VII:
Some enjoyable little side activites added to the game in the normal Saint Row mayham Style. The DLC (and the rest of them) is really short but well if you want more madness you are getting it in those DLCs. Was a good varity of activities which are not overstaying their welcome

Gangstas in Space:
First thing to say about this DLC.. it crashes all the time in Mission one if you have the male voice 1 active. I needed to change the voice to finally start the dlc.. other then that you are just playing some boring alien movie which feels really low Budget. Sadly the missions werent too good so for me more one of the weaker dlcs i played

The Trouble With Clones...:
The last dlc was pretty funny. A Nerd fan cloned one of the saints and he gone on a rampage. The nerd is doing the narrative of the story which is kind of funny. The last dlc should be a First Taste of SR4 so i guess i maybe play that at some point too.

• Like 4

Added a few more dlc packs to my completions over the past week.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (2): Baba Yaga, Croft Manor

Megaquarium (1): Freshwater Frenzy

Still have a few more to do in Rise of the Tomb Raider along with all the Score Attack runs. This will likely be my focus this week. If I get bored of the score attack runs I may jump over to Bugsnax to get that dlc done as well.

• Like 4

Finished two more dlc over the course of the week, but I’ve been mainly focusing on Cuphead, so the my progress is relatively slow.  This week I’ll chip away at the NG+ for Ghost of Tsushima and see where it takes me. 

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (7): The Forge, The Pillar, The Nightmare, The Price of Survival, The Serpent’s Heart, The Grand Caiman, The Path Home.
  • Far Cry 5 (1): New Game +
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (1): Additional Feats
  • Like 4

I kind of forgot about this, and I don't really feel like playing any DLC on my already started games (FF15, Hitman, Hitman 2, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Table Top Racing).. nor on the game that I have unstarted that I was thinking playing (Ride 3)... That said, I may play Spider-Man or something.. still, since it's a long event, I will eventually convince myself to play some DLC...

And with all that out of the way, there's a good news! I did finish a DLC this month without realizing :lol:

So, 1 of X done:

Gems of War - The Legends Reborn Update ✔️

PS: @gruffiiti What are the requirements for the Badge/full badge (if there's a difference)? I kind of want to make that my minimum baseline for whatever DLC I will be playing..

• Like 3

On 2022-09-13 at 2:57 PM, Han_the_Dragon said:

PS: @gruffiiti What are the requirements for the Badge/full badge (if there's a difference)? I kind of want to make that my minimum baseline for whatever DLC I will be playing..

Good question. I haven't thought about the badges too much yet as the event is fairly long. It will be fairly minimal though... likely something like complete 5 dlc. One a month +1 should be doable for most people I would think. :D

26 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Finished 3rd and final DLC for Little Nightmares:

• The Residence

One of my all time favorite PS4 games. Im still hoping a PS5 version drops so I have a reason to run through them again.

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, gruffiiti said:

Good question. I haven't thought about the badges too much yet as the event is fairly long. It will be fairly minimal though... likely something like complete 5 dlc. One a month +1 should be doable for most people I would think. :D

Ok, that falls in line with last year, since it was 5 for partial, 10 for complete badge, if I'm not wrong.

It will also work nicely with my "newer" idea for what I should play as far as DLC, and that would be Dirt 5, that has 4 DLC packs. So, ya, 5 before the end of the year should be easily doable for everyone.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

Is it too late to sign up? Might be nice to get some DLC done and put away some games for good.

You still can join, last year we didnt close the sign ins so i guess if we dont get over 100 sign ins we are good to have more people to enjoy some DLCs :)

• Like 1

Finished up a couple more.

Lfd8b0d.png

The Playroom - AR Studio

A quick simple little free DLC for a free game. It's weird this wasn't just patched in and you actually have to go 'buy' it in the store (as is the same for the other DLC in this game). Uses a second screen connection with a smartphone or tablet to set up little effects so you and your friends can laugh at it? I dunno, mostly just a showcase of the AR tech. Maybe a little kid might enjoy it, but the PS4's camera doesn't exactly have a great resolution so it looks pretty bad. The only thing that might be difficult is getting four faces in view of the camera to put masks on them, but you can literally just use a photo to do this so its not that bad. And in a baffling move, despite the Vita being capable of being a second screen instead of a phone or tablet this game specifically does not let you use it. I don't know why as nothing I did on my phone could not have been done on my Vita. And it was a pain to download the second screen app and get myself sign in and synced up.

L810482.png

The Playroom - Toy Maker

Even easier then AR studio, this just adds a very basic toy making function to the playrooms other AR Bots mode. Just make the toys and watch the astrobots play with them. Then clean them up. Easy. It did take a few minutes for my connection to work properly though, which is not an issue I had with AR Studio.

Sadly I do not have a second controller so I can not even finish the base trophy list! As well the last DLC I need, Ninja Bots, has one trophy that is significantly easier with 2 controllers. So doubtful that I will finish that up.

Total DLC cleared: 13

All Cleared DLC:

Hide contents

Minecraft PS3 [10]

-- Expansion Pack 1

-- Expansion Pack 2

-- Expansion Pack 3

-- Expansion Pack 4

-- Expansion Pack 5 (Battle Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 6

-- Expansion Pack 7

-- Expansion Pack 8 (Tumble Minigame)

-- Expansion Pack 9

-- Expansion Pack 10

Bugsnax PS4 [1]

-- The Isle of BIGsnax

The Playroom [2]

-- AR Studio

-- Toy Maker

• Like 2

Total DLC stacks: 19

New weekend, New update! I was able to finish the SP modes in Ghost of Tsushima and did some work on the first few MP trophies here. The MP trophies will take a while to get the needed Equipment for the raids and i slowly try to get there. I did as well the DLCs from Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham.

Since i have holiday next week Wednesday for 2 weeks, i expect a lot of progress in my current DLCs! Please be aware that I dont participate for the top DLC badge as Admin, even if i'm Listed there to not screw up the Excel Logic ;) The special badge will go to one of the participants!

Ghost of Tsushima:

Iki Island: Story:
It was great to get into the game again after 2 years to experience the story DLC. Its really suprising how fast you can forget the beauty of a game after some years. To be honest i got my ass kicked in the beginning because i had no more clue how to play the game. Jin is traveling to Iki Island to put an end to the eagle tribe of the mongols. The trophies are straight forward and you just need to finish the story and sidequests. It was really enjoyable to play and at some points challenging as well. Since i want to Do the MP stacks at some point, I played on Medium difficulty to not get too comfortable in the game if the MP is more challenging.

Iko Island: Exploration:
Not really sure why they did 2 dlc stacks for that because the Exploration stack is just the collectable stuff you also did in the Main game. It wasnt too overhelming and it didnt disturb the game flow with the activities. There were some nice side stories told during some of the activities so i didnt mind them at all. In my opinion you could them both in one stack but i guess there is a Regulation on how many trophies can be added in one stack.

New Game+:
I finished the game 2 years ago so it was really nice to expierience the mainstory again with the dlc since some Events i did just forgot. Not much to do here then to play the story again and buy a item from a new trader in game after you first few Main missions. With this only the MP trophies are pending!

Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham:
The DLCs are not really long or challenging. Since the PS+ Villains game i like to play once in a while a Lego game since you can just relax collecting all the stuff but after that you can just wait before you Start the next one

Man of Steel:
The pre story of Superman with his father and mother to get him off his home Planet to earth. Not much of a Superman Fan so not really anything special in this DLC.

Batman 75th Anniversary:
The DLC is about a party for Batman for his anniversary and joker and harley are not invited. They decided to go nevertheless and decorate the place a bit.

Dark Knight:
A nice little DLC were you play in Dark Knight and blow stuff up. The narrative is done by Alfred which had a lot of references to the movie so i liked it.

Arrow:
The story of Arrows Training on the Island with Slade. If you know the story again they make some nice jokes around the lore of Arrow!

Bizzaro:
I have no clue who Bizzaro should be but it seems like a bad Version of superman and he tries to defend his own Planet with justice league clones. Really not my kind of story to be honest.

The Squad:
A uproar comes up in prison and you play the suicide squad to see what has happen. Not really my cup of tea but well it is done.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Sign me up please. :)

Will inevitably complete some DLC packs during this time, not planning for a specific total goal though. Currently swapping out between 2 games that have 1 DLC pack each.

Got you added and recorded your dlc completion for Lords of the Fallen. Nice one!

• Like 1

On 8/24/2022 at 0:33 AM, Man of Inaction said:

I normally participate in all the events I do badges for but, sadly, I think I'm going to pass on this one. With stuff like the Halloween event going on and other things I want to wrap up this year, I don't see myself doing any DLC for the most of the duration of this event. I hope you all have fun though. ? 

@gruffiiti Hey. Despite what I said before, I think my plans are changing and I want to join up for this event. I'm going to be moving to another state during October, so I won't have the time to push for 13 plats before Halloween, and I think I'll work on some DLCs instead. I haven't completed any DLC yet though. So nothing to track for you yet. 

• Like 2

Another week, another update. I pushed really hard for Cuphead last week and finally achieved the 100%, which added two additional DLCs to my count. The short second pack felt surprisingly easy after the tough Island IV. I finished the two trophies in under an hour. The hardest challenges for me in the new expansion were definitely to S-rank a boss and to beat the King's Gauntlet. A-ranks, on the other hand, came to me rather naturally, except the tricky Mortimer Freeze who was very frugal with parry-able objects. I have to give a shout-out to the Howling Aces as the most insane and creative boss fight ever!

Then, I also did the first episode of the Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC. I did NOT expect it to take so damn long! It took me most of Sunday with some breaks in-between to finish the story. You can get a whole new video game if you add up all the episodes into one. I guess it'll take me a while to reach 100%. 

• Shadow of the Tomb Raider (7): The Forge, The Pillar, The Nightmare, The Price of Survival, The Serpent’s Heart, The Grand Caiman, The Path Home.
  • Far Cry 5 (1): New Game +
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (2): Additional Feats, The Fate of Atlantis Episode 1
  • Cuphead (2): Delicious Last Course 1, Delicious Last Course 2

Total: 12 packs completed

• Like 4

3 hours ago, papert0wng1rl said:

Then, I also did the first episode of the Assassin's Creed Odyssey's Fate of Atlantis DLC. I did NOT expect it to take so damn long! It took me most of Sunday with some breaks in-between to finish the story. You can get a whole new video game if you add up all the episodes into one. I guess it'll take me a while to reach 100%. 

Yeah the DLCs of AC Odyssey are really big. At least i did find them enjoyable so more of the better AC DLCs in ny opinion :)

• Like 2