I really didn't hate this game.

ShadowMan12034

It simply can't be a bad game since I'm still playing it every day since I started it. Sometimes, some annoying bugs happen but overall, I'm having a good time! There is also a nice amount of detail in the game and of course, many fun references and easter eggs.

My favorite one so far was finding a huge comb in the desert :D Mel Brooks fans will know!

• Like 1

I got as far as downloading the character creator, found I couldn’t create my gal as I could in the old games, and lost interest lol. Nothing about the game generally seems enough to pull me back to a purchase. Might try it once it inevitably hits PS Extra. In the meantime I’ve started the Third Remastered.

Edited by thefourfoldroot
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thefourfoldroot said:

I got as far as downloading the character creator, found I couldn’t create my gal as I could in the old games, and lost interest

seems weird to me since the character creator is more powerful than ever and the range of clothing options etc. is insane.

I roleplayed as Walter White in this game ?

https://twitter.com/Sicho/status/1565667403463376896?t=95SYOp58X_HksUBJoloPng&s=19

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sicho said:

seems weird to me since the character creator is more powerful than ever and the range of clothing options etc. is insane.

I roleplayed as Walter White in this game 1f601.png

https://twitter.com/Sicho/status/1565667403463376896?t=95SYOp58X_HksUBJoloPng&s=19

Clothes maybe, options for body types are far more limited unfortunately, lol.

Not only did it not feel like a Saints Row game, they even bastardized the ongoing jokes that had no reason to be butchered.. Rimjobs being renamed to JimRobs being one example. Really? Can’t even have sex jokes nowadays?

what’s the point of a satyrical game if you’re gonna pull all the punches? Sure, some of the story missions weren’t terrible. But the main missions were over, there’s little to be desired of things to do.. all the past funny/crass side content is gone. Only thing left is insurance fraud, literally the worst and most boring.

Why the even bothered labeling this game “Saints Row” is beyond me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Zeep_Xanflorp92 said:

Not only did it not feel like a Saints Row game, they even bastardized the ongoing jokes that had no reason to be butchered.. Rimjobs being renamed to JimRobs being one example. Really? Can’t even have sex jokes nowadays?

what’s the point of a satyrical game if you’re gonna pull all the punches? Sure, some of the story missions weren’t terrible. But the main missions were over, there’s little to be desired of things to do.. all the past funny/crass side content is gone. Only thing left is insurance fraud, literally the worst and most boring.

Why the even bothered labeling this game “Saints Row” is beyond me.

I agree. This game lacks all the charm that made previous Saints Row's enjoyable. This game is just stale and the writers for it are clearly either terrible and don't get humor or they were trying really hard not to offend anybody. I tend to think it's a mixture of both and it in turn ruined one of the most redeeming qualities of Saints Row. Clearly a mistake to make the game more grounded and rely almost entirely on gunplay. I miss the powers you had in IV. At least you had options to change up your approach. This game is just mindless monotony. 

It is what it is, I didn't hate the game itself though, I hated all the bugs and glitches forcing you to constantly restart the game and reload saves. Never played a game that crashed as much as this one. At least once every hour of gameplay and I'm not even exaggerating. 

• Like 2

Here is my input as someone who has never played Saints Row before, I am liking this game so far! I am only a couple of hours in and I I like the story, gunplay, and over the top comedy.

I will say though that it is already getting repetitive and it  feels like I soon have most of the things to do unlocked. 

so far the game is not at all worth 75$ and this is a complete scam, but the game is not terrible. It might get worse as I progress or better, either way the price tag should be reworked.

• Like 1

If you find the gunplay in this game solid then I am genuinely interested what other games you feel have solid gunplay, or rather, what other games you find have poor gunplay.

Do you feel the gunplay in MGS 5 to be bad? Or the gunplay in Uncharted 4? What about something slightly more similar; GTA 5?

Reviews only matter if you understand the reviewer. Every reviewer I generally agree with, for the most part, claims this game is absolute dogshit and the gameplay is straight from the early PS3 days. If I give you my opinion about a game like Atelier Ryza, I'm going to most likely think it's goofy and nonsensical because I can't stand waifu anime simulation drivel. However, someone that loves that genre might disagree and would give it a much higher grade.

Opinions carry little weight without getting more context.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time with it! I really thought it was some sort of "new IP" kinda thing. It actually has way more purple and Saints stuff in it than the trailer made out to be. And it's way less whacky than Saints Row IV, so that was good imo.

Don't know why they advertise it with dull colors and even the cover is dull. But I understand why, in the beginning they all evolve and create the gang later on.

I'm about halfway through it and I'm disgusted. I expected glitches and uninteresting characters but I feel they took a huge step back when it comes to the gunplay and driving as well. I've played every Saint's Row since launch day of the 1st one and this one is far away the worse one for me. Everything about it feels off. Aiming, driving, physics, AI. All of it is some of the worst I've seen in a long time.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm nearing the end of my Platinum run on this and I've certainly played worse in the series. The graphics are shockingly great at times and it remains grounded enough while still feeling insanely ridiculous. I do think some aspects of the game are still too arcade-y for my tastes (the driving in this is absolutely horrid garbage) but I do like the game overall. Nothing special but not the worst.

I don't "hate" this game, but the more I play the more the nagging glitches just become more and more annoying. I've had nothing inherently game breaking...it's just little things that shouldn't be there. Like the opacity of my subtitles always coming back to 100 when I turn the game back on even though I have it set to 1. My clothes changing colors whenever they want, I made a thread no one responded to about car paint acting weird (I can never actually get the color I want because it changes something when you save your results). 

The game is....okay. I consider it the worst of the series though. The gunplay is so shallow and inconsistent, the story seems a bit disjointed at times...there's times it seems like it connects to the original games, but it's not quite clear if it does or not (like it can't figure out if it wants to). And back when we got the first gameplay trailer...someone on here said something along the lines of "these new Saints are the kind of people the OG saints would have bullied"...there's not a truer statement said about this game. Eli, Kevin and Neenah are garbage characters, nothing about them scream "gang members", And the other gangs for that matter are an absolute joke...they feel like cartoon characters. The Marshalls are more of a gang than the rest of the gangs are. And while there is this deep feeling of a Saints Row soul (so to speak) within in this game...it's just lacking something, it's a shell of this series. I think it helps that I gave my Boss character Male voice 7...whoever did that voice is a pretty good voice actor and it's because of HIM that any jokes have landed for me and gave me a chuckle.

Overall it's a perfectly playable game...but it's also very vanilla typical open world, it almost feels dated at times. It has it's moments of charm, but this is not the direction I want the series to keep going in...as of now, I don't look forward to a sequel of THIS game. 

Edited by Viper