Game Thoughts?

serrated-banner9

Will be interesting if they fix their bugs in the DLCs for TSW3.

e.g. OSD: Master Class
Complete all training modules on Oakville Subdivision

-> currently anobtainable on the ps4 version

Also, sadly partial progress of trophies not supported for TSW3. Somehow a lot of new PS5 games aren't supporting this feature.

Edited by I3arbiQ

I’m really disappointed that the DLC trophies are just the same ones as TSW2, albeit only 3 per DLC.  As they are not looking to offer auto pop I would much prefer they jumbled up the trophies so, for example, we could get a trophy for getting all the collectables on a route we haven’t had to do them on before, I don’t want to have to do 442 passenger boardings on Rapid Transit for the third time!

I guess it would have been effort for them though as all the code for the old trophies pre existed but it would have been appreciated effort.

4 minutes ago, richtayls said:

I’m really disappointed that the DLC trophies are just the same ones as TSW2, albeit only 3 per DLC.  As they are not looking to offer auto pop I would much prefer they jumbled up the trophies so, for example, we could get a trophy for getting all the collectables on a route we haven’t had to do them on before, I don’t want to have to do 442 passenger boardings on Rapid Transit for the third time!

I guess it would have been effort for them though as all the code for the old trophies pre existed but it would have been appreciated effort.

imganie if they add autopop later but at like £10

28 minutes ago, richtayls said:

Why would you ever wanna get collectibles at all? They are the worst thing in the game.

24 minutes ago, serrated-banner9 said:

imganie if they add autopop later but at like £10

As inept as they are, I think they just didn’t know how to do it.

22 minutes ago, richtayls said:

Fun fact, each of those 19 DLC packs covers 3 actual pieces of DLC, in total the game comes with 3 and there are another 55 to buy on top of that.

No, pack 1 is only spirit of steam.

1 hour ago, Gooboid said:

I think it's obscene that a game is launching with 19 DLC packs.

It's not - technically. They're letting you import DLCs you bought for TSW2, which were made up of new DLCsand imported DLCs from TSW1. So, if you're a new gamer to the franchise then they'll be new packs to buy, but if you already own the game then you'll be able to import a bunch of them for free - hopefully day one and not over 6-12 months like last time.

51 minutes ago, richtayls said:

They can't offer auto trophies because they aren't a 1:1 match. The reason there's less for each pack is simply because TSW2 hit a brick wall and couldn't add new trophies for released DLCs due to a limit on PSN servers. The game even broke this site if you unlocked trophies in certain packs as the mods didn't update it to allow such a long list, making profiles non-syncable until you hid the game. Having fewer trophies should now mean they can release new DLCs with trophies, and hopefully this site won't crap itself again (although, it probably will).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turniplord said:

It's not - technically. They're letting you import DLCs you bought for TSW2, which were made up of new DLCsand imported DLCs from TSW1. So, if you're a new gamer to the franchise then they'll be new packs to buy, but if you already own the game then you'll be able to import a bunch of them for free - hopefully day one and not over 6-12 months like last time.

They can't offer auto trophies because they aren't a 1:1 match. The reason there's less for each pack is simply because TSW2 hit a brick wall and couldn't add new trophies for released DLCs due to a limit on PSN servers. The game even broke this site if you unlocked trophies in certain packs as the mods didn't update it to allow such a long list, making profiles non-syncable until you hid the game. Having fewer trophies should now mean they can release new DLCs with trophies, and hopefully this site won't crap itself again (although, it probably will).

They also went over 5k gamerscore on Xbox and you aren’t really meant to do that. The last dlc had some 0 gamerscore achievements. 

14 hours ago, richtayls said:

Fun fact, each of those 19 DLC packs covers 3 actual pieces of DLC, in total the game comes with 3 and there are another 55 to buy on top of that.

I think this is one of the reasons, the other being the breaking of your PSNP account, that is really making me reconsider purchasing this. 

This looks pretty much identical to TS2 and I found that to be a janky, bad looking and badly performing heap of trash. I played it two times and have little incentive to go back to it, let alone buy a new game from the same devs.

And I love trains and train simulators, I have been using Trainz on PC for ~20 years.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

7 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

This looks pretty much identical to TS2 and I found that to be a janky, bad looking and badly performing heap of trash. I played it two times and have little incentive to go back to it, let alone buy a new game from the same devs.

And I love trains and train simulators, I have been using Trainz on PC for ~20 years.

I wish Trainz was on console. We need a competitor to make these schmuks whip themselves into shape. It sucks they grab third party devs with the incentive of already having all their resources. 

According to an update on the devs FAQ page achievement progress will carry forward for add-ons, they give an example of if you’ve driven 1000 miles in a particular train then any achievements that needed up to 1000 miles will pop the first time you play on that route.

Also of note is a delay to the rollout of TSW2 add-ons, apparently they will be released in weekly batches, they say it’s a Sony issue so only impacts PlayStation.

3 hours ago, richtayls said:

According to an update on the devs FAQ page achievement progress will carry forward for add-ons, they give an example of if you’ve driven 1000 miles in a particular train then any achievements that needed up to 1000 miles will pop the first time you play on that route.

Also of note is a delay to the rollout of TSW2 add-ons, apparently they will be released in weekly batches, they say it’s a Sony issue so only impacts PlayStation.

Does that mean we will hit the 255+ trophy limit again here on PSNP?

Edited by Anke

On 30/8/2022 at 1:08 PM, Helyx said:

People whine about EZPZ games cluttering the new games section, but then games like this add 19 fucking pieces of DLC and nobody bats an eye.

I think it's because these dlc have only bronze & silver trophy, and there's no point buying a dlc with a few trophies, compared to cheaper games with golds and a platinum. A trophy obssesed person wouldn't enjoy actually "doing" something to get a trophy, instead of buying one of those games that look like I made them on paint for a 5-minutes plat.

Edited by Jeanoltt

7 minutes ago, LifeInTheFactory said:

Will it be possible to buy the DLC when I only own TSW3 and not TSW2? I know that some DLC is part of the Deluxe edition of TSW3, but I don’t see any other DLC on the store as of now. 

All previous dlc will be added in spurts over the next coming months and yes you will be able to buy it.

• Like 1