The PlayStation 4 Firmware Update Thread (5.50 is Live)

Parker

Oh damn, these are some nice improvements. I especially like how their letting us view our trophies offline (even though this should of been there from the start). Being able to add your own profile background from your screenshots is also a really cool addition. Now I wish I got Gal*Gun for PS4... :awesome:

FOLDERS
OFFLINE TROPHIES
NO SOCIAL BS!

Wow, this is the best update ever.

I'm just wondering about the hidden trophies revealing. Now there's pretty much no reason to even create hidden trophies since now not only trophy hunters but also normal players will be able to see them easily.

The smaller menu also looks nice.

(Oh man, I would actually love to be able to quote from closed threads =D)

. Now I wish I got Gal*Gun for PS4... :awesome:

Inb4

The picture you are using has been found indecent, your account has been suspended for breaking the Terms of Service.

:awesome:

• Like 3

Offline trophies huh? Now it only will be a matter of time until people hack trophies like on PS3 (and vita i heared)

Folders on the other hand though sure are a nice addition had em on PS3 too also it might help with putting the option for limit things on home screen back on.

• Like 1

FOLDERS

OFFLINE TROPHIES

NO SOCIAL BS!

What do you think the "Refresh" is? Whenever someone on your friend list does something, the PS4 UI will have a little thing on the main menu that says "Press Triangle to refresh". From the sound of it, we'll now get a pop-up notification saying someone is playing a game. It also says they're going to be clogging the Quick Menu with new social crap like "Favorite Communities" and such. I only use the "Quick" menu to turn off my console.

What do you think the "Refresh" is? Whenever someone on your friend list does something, the PS4 UI will have a little thing on the main menu that says "Press Triangle to refresh". From the sound of it, we'll now get a pop-up notification saying someone is playing a game. It also says they're going to be clogging the Quick Menu with new social crap like "Favorite Communities" and such. I only use the "Quick" menu to turn off my console.

It can't be that... 

Or can it? 

You just made me worried. If that's the case, I certainly hope we can turn it off.

It can't be that... 

Or can it? 

You just made me worried. If that's the case, I certainly hope we can turn it off.

It's Sony we are talking about, sure you can't turn it of. Everyone wants to be social social social.

Oh and thanks Caesar for reminding me what the quick menu was. I always forget about it and scroll through the main menu to shut the PS4 down.

"

We’ve also added a button that will let you reveal the content of a Hidden Trophy. The trophy will still be hidden by default, but you can now choose to show the trophy name and info.

"

i think this is very interesting . Because i dont have to upload and look on website to see which hidden trophy im missing ... sometimes little bit annoying ... 

• Like 2

English screenshots of the new features on the upcoming PS4 Firmware 4.00 update.

28384890644_b33f467401_z.jpg

28387418663_663db8e5db_z.jpg

28387419673_fedb87eb49_z.jpg

28972098726_f47ee5618d_z.jpg

Oh wow, this looks surprisingly good! They really went all-out with this update. I like it.

Edited by LucasV9991

It's cool that they're finally letting us view our trophies offline, and the option to view hidden trophies is a welcome addition, but one thing I want above all else is a trophy progress tracker similar to what the Xbone has. Now that a lot of the other things we wanted are getting added, I hope this is next on the list. It would make trophy hunting a much better experience. Will we actually get this? Probably not, but one can dream.  :P

Oh and a trophy leaderboard to compare with your friends would be cool too. Another feature Xbone has over PS4. Can you tell I really like trophies?  xD

• Like 1

English screenshots of the new features on the upcoming PS4 Firmware 4.00 update.

28387419673_fedb87eb49_z.jpg

The default PS4 theme doesn't usually have the sparkles does it? I remember them updating the PS3 XMB to have sparkles, looks like they did the same thing.