Rumour: Horizon Zero Dawn remaster is in the works for PS5

The Alchemist

On 10/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, Dreakon13 said:

You really think they're solving societies issues complaining about a HZD remaster, don't you?

Too much self-importance, too little self-awareness, or both?  This is social media in a nutshell.

You know, my posts are long for a reason sometimes so I can fully explain my viewpoint so nobody could possibly misinterpret what I'm saying and yet people on these forums still completely misinterpret it. It's pretty clear that that's not what I'm saying at all and how you got to that conclusion is mind-boggling. If you couldn't get it the first time, then it's not worth my time to re-explain it to you again. 

THIS is the problem with social media. Just throwing opinions out there and arguing with other people with no regard whether or not what you're even saying is true or accurate to what you're responding to. Putting words in other peoples' mouths just to make your own viewpoints more convenient to argue which is clearly what you did here. 

30 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

You know, my posts are long for a reason sometimes so I can fully explain my viewpoint so nobody could possibly misinterpret what I'm saying and yet people on these forums still completely misinterpret it. It's pretty clear that that's not what I'm saying at all and how you got to that conclusion is mind-boggling. If you couldn't get it the first time, then it's not worth my time to re-explain it to you again. 

THIS is the problem with social media. Just throwing opinions out there and arguing with other people with no regard whether or not what you're even saying is true or accurate to what you're responding to. Putting words in other peoples' mouths just to make your own viewpoints more convenient to argue which is clearly what you did here. 

How ironic. You have done exactly the same thing towards me. I mentioned how I've learned in recent years to ignore most of the over the top nonsense from around the internet, much like a lot of the takes in this thread, because most things get blown out of proportion these days. You proceeded to completely ignore what I had written, misinterpret it and put words in my mouth with the following response: 

"Why should it be everybody else's obligation to make your internet experience one you want it to be, one where everybody shares your same opinions?"

I never, EVER said anything like this. But I don't blame you. It's far from the first time I've had run-ins on this site with people doing the exact same thing as you over something I've posted. It must be a reading comprehension thing or something, I don't know, but perhaps take your own advice from here out? 

22 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

How ironic. You have done exactly the same thing towards me. I mentioned how I've learned in recent years to ignore most of the over the top nonsense from around the internet, much like a lot of the takes in this thread, because most things get blown out of proportion these days. You proceeded to completely ignore what I had written, misinterpret it and put words in my mouth with the following response: 

"Why should it be everybody else's obligation to make your internet experience one you want it to be, one where everybody shares your same opinions?"

I never, EVER said anything like this. But I don't blame you. It's far from the first time I've had run-ins on this site with people doing the exact same thing as you over something I've posted. It must be a reading comprehension thing or something, I don't know, but perhaps take your own advice from here out? 

You're clearly implying in your post that you're upset that people have such negative opinions all the time. In which, the admittedly rhetorical question, asking why do you feel other people should be obligated to not have these opinions because they upset you is quite relevant. It's not like I pulled it completely out of left field like the other poster did to my comment. Apples and oranges. 

The irony here is look how upset you are again at me because I'm simply questioning your opinion and I agree with the overall view that online reactions are generally negative and toxic and blown out proportion, you are right. "Bitching and moaning" you say but yet here you are doing a lot of bitching and moaning yourself when the better thing would be to ignore it as you've said yourself. You failed to take your own advice right from the start which makes this whole discussion ironic. Because you failed to ignore the negative comments you were getting on this thread and just had to say something about it, you've now accomplished another 'run-in' with another user on these forums. A run-in that would have never happened if you chose to follow your own advice and ignore the negativity and 'over the top nonsense' to begin with. 

There's no logic or reason to take every opposing opinion on the internet as an offense and then respond to it with just as much volatility as the very opinions you're criticizing as being too over the top. How does that make the internet better or are you just blowing things out of proportion even more and contributing to the very problem you're supposedly against? If anything, you're the one blowing things out of proportion and criticizing other takes in this thread as 'over the top nonsense'.

Saying Zero Dawn getting remastered is what's wrong with the world and is the cause of all these natural disasters and inflation being out of control would be blowing it out of proportion but nobody is saying anything remotely like that. Because that would be ridiculous and blowing it out of proportion. People are simply expressing why they don't necessarily like the idea and the example it sets and not for nothing, but the complaints are quite fair. Then again, I am biased because I happen to also agree with most of the complaints. Just because you think otherwise and happen to have a more positive view on this doesn't mean your opinion is more righteous. There's a lot of value in being critical sometimes as that's how things tend to get fixed, you're being critical of other people being critical because you see it as a problem. Just like how other people that see a remaster of Zero Dawn as contributing to a problem and therefore take issue with it. 

It's going to come out regardless so if you're for it coming out then what are you complaining about? Who cares what other people may think, it's not going to make a difference in this particular matter. It's not like these complaints are going to stop it from releasing and stopping you from playing it. Why even make a thread about it to begin with then? To hear what other people may think about it, isn't that the whole point of this? It's nobody else's fault that they don't happen to agree with your particular stance and that upsets you which circles right back to my rhetorical question and why I bothered to respond to you to begin with. You want everybody else to ignore things that they don't agree with but you don't have to? You have free reign to call out everybody in this thread who posted a negative opinion that you see as 'over the top' but nobody can call out your own because they should just ignore your opinion? You don't see that as one big contradiction? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

The irony here is look how upset you are again at me 

If I were upset with you I'd probably respond to you with a giant wall of text...

Don't think you understand the meaning of the word irony either, but whatever. Enough derailing, have a nice day ?

If it's just a remaster and not a remake that's fine, although a discount for existing owners would be nice. Native 4k 60fps HZD? Cool. Being able to play HZD in native 4k without the checkerboarding would be lovely. To clarify my previous position, my problem with the idea of a remake proper is that FW couldn't manage 4k 60fps, and in my opinion higher resolution is much more important than a game looking slightly prettier. Blowing up even an old ass game like Quake 1 to 4k makes a massive difference - what's the point of a game being more detailed if you can't see the detail?

I played HZD at launch in 2017, never got around to playing ng+ or TFW, went back and played it all again in February this year, it's still a very good looking/playing game, a remaster (if true) is wholly unnecessary.   I suppose Sony/Guerrilla will have their reasons but it's not something I will be buying, the MP game however, if it's a Monster Hunter styled game, Horizon: Machine Hunter!

Dead Space, regardless of EA's grubby hands, admittedly looks good so far, Resi 4 is welcome, and it was good to play FFVII and Nier Replicant.  For some games it's worthwhile, Lords of the Fallen could be good, for all it's criticism I enjoyed the original.  I'd bite your hand off for an inFamous remake, Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, Dino Crisis, FFX, a proper Silent Hill remake etc...   I'm not big on simple remasters but a full remake/reboot/reimaging done properly can be a good thing, and I'm glad a few have mentioned it in this thread as I bleat about it every year, give us a Resistance reboot Sony, what the hell are you doing with this franchise?!  For the love of...

The remaster issue has been going for generations, sometimes it's a good thing, sometimes it's a corporate cash grab, and sometimes the end product is just terrible.  I don't know what the motivation for a purported HZD remaster is, but I can't see what they could do with it that warrants anything approaching decent sales, it's £8 on the store and free if you have Plus, why would anyone want to pay probable full price, or near that, for a little extra polish and some accessibility options?  Maybe they want to piggyback the TV show, maybe it's a minimal resources risk...I just don't see why anyone would buy it.

Horizon Zero Dawn definitely doesn't need a remaster but I'd still be interested in it, as long as it's not a 70€ remake like Last of Us. HZD is one of my favorite games and it's the game that started my Playstation journey. Back in December 2017 I decided I finally wanted to play it and bought a PS4 Pro, my very first Playstation ever.