Rumour: Horizon Zero Dawn remaster is in the works for PS5

The Alchemist

39 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I've never understood why people get so up in arms about remasters, not just recent PlayStation remasters, but remasters in general even going back to the PS4 generation. I genuinely enjoy revisiting some of my favourite games a few years on, for another platinum and some nicer visuals if for nothing else. It isn't as though these remasters stop new games from getting made. If they did then that would understandably be a different situation, but it's not the case. It just all seems a bit hysterical and melodramatic if you ask me. 

And do you actually see the that much of a difference? Aside from the obvious 30 vs 60fps difference of course. Let's say you play HZD at launch. Then HFW at launch. Then a HZD remaster that looks like HFW in technical aspects. 

Do you really say "omg, this looks so much better" without comparing it to the original or watching a digital foundry video? 

And any resources put into a remaster, whether it's talented people or money, it's less resources that can be put into new games. 

I get remastering older games, PS2 and earlier, maybe even some PS3 ones. I like older games. I'm actually playing them more and more recently. But HZD is not an old game, it doesn't look bad even by today's standards, it doesn't feel old at all. I can't think of one thing about this game that needs remastering. Trophies aside. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, the1andonly654 said:

And do you actually see the that much of a difference?

And any resources put into a remaster, whether it's talented people or money, it's less resources that can be put into new games. 

But HZD is not an old game, it doesn't look bad even by today's standards, it doesn't feel old at all. I can't think of one thing about this game that needs remastering. Trophies aside. 

1. Yes.

2. The article literally mentions a multiplayer spin-off is also in the works. Not to mention the Call of the Mountain game for PSVR 2 also coming from Guerrilla. New games still get made and released. Remasters and remakes do not stop that process from happening.

3. I agree. HZD still plays and looks good. A remaster of not only this, but similar games isn't really necessary as I've already mentioned previously. I would rather see some older PS1/2 titles that I adore getting the full remake treatment instead.

18 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Sitting here waiting for a Bloodborne 60 fps patch.... A fuken PATCH.  Is that too much to ask for!? 

From Software went on to creat other games and Sony Japan Studios were disbanded. So yes, it is unfortunately too much to ask from Sony -__-

Your best chanced for a 60fps/4k Bloodborne experience are that the remake rumours at Bluepoint are true.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

So if they remaster Twisted Metal what's it going to be? The first two games and then Black?

I can't imagine people wanting to play 3 and 4.

3 was my favorite by far over the others, maybe just because I played that one the most, but I did own the others as well so I don't know I do feel like I remember it being the best of the bunch, although 2 was close behind. If they're going to do a compilation of remasters of older titles, I'd rather they include all of them, and be done with it. Same with THPS, wish we would have just gotten 3 and 4 with it as well, now it seems we'll never get it, not on PS4/PS5 anyways.

I just started playing this for the first time yesterday and it still looks great (not that it's at all a surprise that a game released in 2017 looks good, it's nothing like the jump 2007 to 2012 was)

I think this trend of remastering PS4 games that are already playable on PS5 is idiotic but there's enough people seemingly happy to buy them so whatever, it's easy money for Sony 

On paper this sounds like a cool idea, but this just reeks of profiteering with minimal amount of actual work done.

I should know better than to pile on with the pessimism, but the sheer greed displayed by many A+++ devs made me a grumpy old man. I could delve into this topic as much as I want, but I would be writing a research paper at that point.

Edited by jaehyun1009
  • Like 1

I would much rather PS3 games or PS2 games get shown the love they deserve, no point in remastering games that have not even been out all that long just make it make sense the PS5 plays PS4 games, so what's the point in doing this? I would much rather a trilogy remaster of the Killzone series or even the Resistance series over this.

• Like 3