Rumour: Horizon Zero Dawn remaster is in the works for PS5

The Alchemist

1 minute ago, boorish_brute said:

There are also legal reasons involved with using/modifying code. They might've licensed code to Sony which they cannot modify and resell.

Unlikely tho, Demon's Souls got re-released without any involvement from FromSoftware. Maybe it's just not profitable for them.

Edited by kanzenchaos

5 minutes ago, kanzenchaos said:

Unlikely tho, Demon's Souls got re-released without any involvement from FromSoftware. Maybe it's just not profitable for them.

That was remade. New development so a lot more expensive to make. Since Sony owned the IP, they made it. They can do that with Bloodborne. If they do, that'll be a long way down the road. Probably a PS6 release title.

Where I feel nothing for a HZD remaster, I find myself frustrated with how much complaining it draws out of people.  We're way past the days of "if you don't like it, don't buy it"... now it's "if you don't like it, try to convince as many people as possible to join your righteous crusade".

If people want it, they'll buy it.  If they don't, they won't.  As long as it's not any sort of flagrant false advertising, the market can dictate itself.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 2

This whole remaster trend is so dumb, especially when most of the games that get this treatment are last gen games with backwards compatibility, or more recently games like TLOU that have already been remastered…

I’d like to see more resources poured into remasters/remakes of classic games or games from several generations back that aren’t as accessible to gamers anymore. Where’s the Red Dead Redemption remaster, or the next Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, or a million other examples?

For those who actually spend money on this kinda stuff then power to ya, but I certainly won’t be.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

This whole remaster trend is so dumb, especially when most of the games that get this treatment are last gen games with backwards compatibility, or more recently games like TLOU that have already been remastered…

I’d like to see more resources poured into remasters/remakes of classic games or games from several generations back that aren’t as accessible to gamers anymore. Where’s the Red Dead Redemption remaster, or the next Tony Hawk Pro Skater game, or a million other examples?

For those who actually spend money on this kinda stuff then power to ya, but I certainly won’t be.

Because the older games are not getting TV shows and movies. This remake is being made to capitalize on the new TV show Horizon 2047. 

This isn't something that's new territory either. Saturday Morning Programming in the 80's and 90's was made to sell toys and action figures. This is the same thing happening again with the streaming services, except now it's to sell video games.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

Because the older games are not getting TV shows and movies. This remake is being made to capitalize on the new TV show Horizon 2047. 

TLoU and Horizon, yes. But this trend has been around for years now and most games getting remastered, remade, having fancy new “versions” released in recent years have no shiny new product like a TV show that they can use to justify why their existence is necessary.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

TLoU and Horizon, yes. But this trend has been around for years now and most games getting remastered, remade, having fancy new “versions” released in recent years have no shiny new product like a TV show that they can use to justify why their existence is necessary.

Game remasters date back to the SNES and Genesis/Megadrive. You had stuff like Super Mario Allstars appearing on the SNES and Sega Master System games appearing on the Genesis and Game Gear.

Edited by Sendai-Horatio

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

Where I feel nothing for a HZD remaster, I find myself frustrated with how much complaining it draws out of people.  We're way past the days of "if you don't like it, don't buy it"... now it's "if you don't like it, try to convince as many people as possible to join your righteous crusade".

If people want it, they'll buy it.  If they don't, they won't.  As long as it's not any sort of flagrant false advertising, the market can dictate itself.

people voicing their frustrations and/or concerns about another unnecessary remake (even more egregious than tlou part 1) on a forum isnt the same as actively trying to convince others not to buy it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

It's far easier to bitch and moan about literally everything and anything these days than it is to simply ignore and move on if you're not interested in something. I'm convinced a lot of it has to do with faux outrage and concern trolling for the sake of karma farming. Say something along the lines of 'sOnY bAd' or 'JiMmY OuT', or post a silly meme and you're essentially guaranteed to be rolling in the upvotes in these parts. I've learned in recent years to largely ignore such nonsense around the internet, because everything gets blown way out of proportion and I simply have no time for hysterics.

36 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

It's far easier to bitch and moan about literally everything and anything these days than it is to simply ignore and move on if you're not interested in something. I'm convinced a lot of it has to do with faux outrage and concern trolling for the sake of karma farming. Say something along the lines of 'sOnY bAd' or 'JiMmY OuT', or post a silly meme and you're essentially guaranteed to be rolling in the upvotes in these parts. I've learned in recent years to largely ignore such nonsense around the internet, because everything gets blown way out of proportion and I simply have no time for hysterics.

Just because ppl don’t share you’re apathy doesn’t automatically make them hysterical

[cue upvotes]

• Like 1

I suppose it is just a rumor at this point but taking into account the increasing amount of remakes we've seen over the last few years I'd absolutely buy that this has been discussed by either Sony or the HZD developers (maybe both) at some point. 

Can't say I'm personally terribly interested in this but then again feels like I haven't exactly been the target audience for a lot of these remakes as of late. Seeing how large gaming has become (more or less mainstream at this point) there isn't really a whole lot I can do about anyways (No the "don't like it don't buy it" philosophy doesn't "really" work anymore considering you'd need a majority of players to feel exactly the same as you. Good luck with that with the COD/Fifa/Fortnite/mobile gaming audiences basically driving 90%+ of all gaming revenue at this point) soo ... oh well.

We'll see what happens but it is what it is I guess

(Should this ever hit PS plus though I'd obviously replay the game for those "UpGrAdEd GrApHiCs")

Beautiful Jontron GIF - Beautiful Jontron - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

Remaster games stuck on the PS2 & PS3?

Nah, let's remaster games that are already backwards compatible.

7W2FqOi.gif

Jim Ryan did this in front of the EU regulators to prevent the Activision deal going through.

Edited by CJxx00
Auto correct

Have you guys been discussing this alleged wider leak of PlayStation games in development somewhere?

*grain of salt*

Guerrilla Games: Horizon Online Game (GaaS, Multiplayer, PC/PS5)

Firesprite: Heartbreak (Survival Horror, PC/PS5)

Sumo Digital: Carbon (Open World, Multiplayer, PS5)

Lucid Games: Redstar (Vehicle Combat, Multiplayer, PS5)

Kojima Productions: Ocean (Open World, PS5)

Ballistic Moon: Bates (Survival Horror, PS5/PC)

London Studio: Camden (GaaS, PS5/PC)

Source

1664819446744899.png

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

Genuinely baffling to me if this turns out to be true. Lot of other games could do with the remaster/remake treatment of something that still holds up...

BUT they're not forcing me to play it so I'm not going to pitch a fit over it. Don't get why they're doing it but am not going to judge anyone who's hyped for it.

2 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Why should it be everybody else's obligation to make your internet experience one you want it to be, one where everybody shares your same opinions? If caring about other peoples opinions and whether or not they agree with your own is something that concerns you, then it is YOUR obligation to simply ignore things and move on that you don't agree with, not the other way around. Nobody is positive about everything and I'm sure you also have negative opinions that you've voiced on the internet that annoyed other people that maybe had a more positive opinion on that particular matter. Nobody is wrong or right all the time, it's simply an opinion. 

The whole point of the internet is to be able to freely voice opinions and a lot of times it is negative but the vast majority is positive and it's easy to gloss over that fact. It's easy to focus on the negative because that's what creates strong reactions out of others and create discussions, positive opinion doesn't do that as much. People who claim they dislike negativity and don't like it tend to also be drawn to the negativity the most because somewhere in every person, you want others to agree with you entirely and it bothers you when they don't, it is human nature. And what do these people end up doing themselves? They end up bitching and moaning about other people bitching and moaning and the cycle just continues, commenting about it is contributing to the very problem you're complaining about which is not people bitching and moaning, you're annoyed that people don't agree with you and you misconstrue that into 'people are just bitching and moaning all the time'. If you see it that way then sure, that's how you're going to see it. You're going to see that bitching and moaning everywhere because it is everywhere. It takes a level of maturity that many don't seem to have to realize everybody has an opinion, how you react to these differing opinions is up to you and ignoring it is easier said than done. Not every comment on the internet deserves a reaction, most in fact don't deserve one at all, it's just some person expressing their opinion. It appears you haven't learned to ignore it yet either because you can't ignore it sometimes. I have a hard time myself but that's what makes the internet so great, the differing opinions and the discussions that ensue from these opinions. 

How do any of societies issues start out getting solved? It usually starts out with somebody bitching and moaning about something and in many cases, it turns out they were righteous and correct to bitch and moan. If you don't bitch and moan, nothing gets rectified that may need to be rectified even though others don't yet see it as a problem or outright choose to not see it or just don't see it as a problem altogether. 

Edited by mega-tallica
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

How do any of societies issues start out getting solved?

You really think they're solving societies issues complaining about a HZD remaster, don't you?

Too much self-importance, too little self-awareness, or both?  This is social media in a nutshell.

Edited by Dreakon13

8 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

Pointless. People’s grumbles are entirely fair. Resources put into pointless remasters of modern games are not available for developing new games. 

This year it’s basically been remake and remaster along with low budget indie games, which are fine but they’re not what the bigger audience is into. 

There’s a bunch of franchises that these big gaming companies are practically ignoring. 

New original IPs are too risky. New games take years to develop at this point and these companies may experience a loss in profits if they put their focus on those. 

So it’s remaking games from 2013 - 2017, releasing the annual EA Madden and NBA 2K, and yeah. You know the drill. 

The complaints are justified.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dreakon13 said:

You really think they're solving societies issues complaining about a HZD remaster, don't you?

Too much self-importance, too little self-awareness, or both?  This is social media in a nutshell.

He was talking about general issues in society, not about the HZD remaster. 

Absolutely hilarious how many people in my immediate age group don’t understand context, which explains all the fighting and arguing on Twitter and Instagram, considering my generation is addicted to these platforms. 

MySpace started this crap, it’s just that a lot of us were too young to fully understand how social media works.