Trophy thoughts

Alos88

18 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I love that you get a trophy for saving while on the toilet.

That's a staple of the NMH series. Every game that's released on Playstation has a trophy for it, just one of the many crazy ideas from the head of Suda51.

I forgot that this was coming out this month! I've had my PS4 version preordered for a while now, there are lots of collectible goodies you get for ordering it! Suda games are always made in such low demand so the physical ones usually disappear after the initial launch!

• Like 2

As someone who has played this on Switch numerous times already, I can vouch that collecting all the death chips is not going to be enjoyable at all. Collecting them comes in the form of finding the materials to craft them. Those materials can only be obtained via super RNG by replaying boss fights from the time machine over and over and over again.

Certain rare materials only come from higher difficulties as well, which means Death difficulty will come into play. Beating bosses on Death difficulty is tough too, for it means 1 hit death for you, but it can be cheesed by reviving yourself with the roulette wheel if your main file is on an easier difficulty. But even that is extremely time consuming and will break most people. Even if you were to somehow fight any of the bosses perfectly and achieve an SS rank on Death difficultly, you’re still not guaranteed the rare purple material you require, and you’re going to need several of each one. So your only choice is to keep trying till your brain turns to mush.

If the material drops work the very same way here as they do in the Switch version, prepare for hell. I’m telling you, it will make you hate this game.

For more on the death chips and materials, watch this video from 30:19 to 37:08

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShonenCat said:

As someone who has played this on Switch numerous times already, I can vouch that collecting all the death chips is not going to be enjoyable at all. Collecting them comes in the form of finding the materials to craft them. Those materials can only be obtained via super RNG by replaying boss fights from the time machine over and over and over again.

Certain rare materials only come from higher difficulties as well, which means Death difficulty will come into play. Beating bosses on Death difficulty is tough too, for it means 1 hit death for you, but it can be cheesed by reviving yourself with the roulette wheel if your main file is on an easier difficulty. But even that is extremely time consuming and will break most people. Even if you were to somehow fight any of the bosses perfectly and achieve an SS rank on Death difficultly, you’re still not guaranteed the rare purple material you require, and you’re going to need several of each one. So your only choice is to keep trying till your brain turns to mush.

If the material drops work the very same way here as they do in the Switch version, prepare for hell. I’m telling you, it will make you hate this game.

For more on the death chips and materials, watch this video from 30:19 to 37:08

This is awesome news! I welcome the challenge because I hate when games make things too easy to beat! I haven't looked up any gameplay videos or anything because I want the game to be fresh and new for me, so just hearing your feedback is enough to make me excited for this!

10 hours ago, Lion_Squid said:

Tiles aren't great but aren't bad either. Really hope this does well and we get 1 & 2 as well.

Would love that! NMH and Bayonetta are the two series I would love to se on PS! FE as well but we know that is next to impossible and I do have a switch.

Super excited for this game :D 

PSA: The game doesn't autosave so stock up on TP and make frequent visits to the toilet. It crashed when I tried to fast travel and I lost an hour or so of progress. Lots of hitching as well on Series X. Any better on PS5?

Edited by Killbomb

15 hours ago, Killbomb said:

PSA: The game doesn't autosave so stock up on TP and make frequent visits to the toilet. It crashed when I tried to fast travel and I lost an hour or so of progress. Lots of hitching as well on Series X. Any better on PS5?

Haven't noticed any hit hinge, and didn't have any crashes from my just over an hour of play.

22 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I've been reading the XSEED Discord and the NMH sub on reddit and apparently the PS5 and Series versions of the games are actual technical upgrades with new texture work and such where as the PS4, PC (and I guess Xbox One? No clue but likely) is a straight port of the Switch version just with a better resolution/framerate. But, apparently the PS5 and Series versions actually have missing lighting, effects, and sound effects in places on top of being a bit unstable/buggy.

The consensus I see a lot of people have is that the PS4 version on PS5 is the best/smoothest way to play the game right now until there are patches to clean up the new versions.

My copy has not come in yet so haven't been able to compare firsthand.

Edited by ZenaxPure

On 10/17/2022 at 0:22 AM, Proteus-Ridley said:

So, for some reason my have all death glove skills ain't popping up. Do I have to fill the skill tree?

I think it's a bug, I just got it but I see that it has a much lower rarity than the chapter trophy, which should not be possible

22 hours ago, Lianco said:

Yeah same happened for the 99 combo, I got up to 114 and nothing happened. I’ll try it in a repeatable battle and see what happens. 

This is either a bug as well or you need to have EXACTLY 99 and then stop filling it up

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Varyag_UA said:

Did the Full Power! requirements, the trophy hasn't popped.

I have all special moves unlocked, attack & health leveled up to 10, power to 6 and death skill to 3. No dice.

Tried to reset the skill tree and levelup again - same, no trophy )

Yeah alot of trophies in this game are bugged to oblivion. There are some that are currently unobtainable and others where there seems to be a 50/50 chance on whether you will unlock them.

Here is a list of the trophies that are currently completely bugged and unobtainable:

Full Power,

Spicy,

Carolina Reaper,

Galactic Power (Not sure if this one is completely bugged or not but 0.0% of players have it so I'm guessing it is),

I'm the Hero! (Same as above)

For most other trophies, there is a 50/50 chance they just wont unlock so for every collectible I did, I always made a backup save just before I got the last one and if it didn't unlock (in my case the All Clear one didn't unlock) I would load the back up save and try again (All Clear unlocked for me after I tried this).

Hopefully they patch this game soon