Here's the name for this genre...

Pneumatic

6 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

People saying it's fun are lying

this right here is called cognitive dissonance 

u can't fathom the idea that something u hate is fun to other people

therefore they MUST be lying

cuz your reality and perspective is the only one that exists, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a moron. right?

Edited by MonaSaxPayne
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

u can't fathom the idea that something u hate is fun to other people

therefore they MUST be lying

cuz your reality and perspective is the only one that exists, and anyone who thinks otherwise is a liar or a moron. right?

yep i can't fathom grown adults playing games a 2 year old can compete as being fun.  you're right.

Edited by steel6burgh
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

Nah bro, gotta correct you here :) 

Cognitive dissonance, is when YOU are saying something, and ACTING another way. 

F.ex if you say you are vegan, but eat meat. 

It's when theres a gap/difference between your speech and your actions :) 

• Like 4

Just now, TomataEighty9 said:

damn i was scared there for a minute i though i was cognitive dissonant.  i had no idea what it meant but it sounded really bad.   I hate to be shit talked on when someone doesn't even know what they're talking about.  

1 minute ago, steel6burgh said:

damn i was scared there for a minute i though i was cognitive dissonant.  i had no idea what it meant but it sounded really bad.   I hate to be shit talked on when someone doesn't even know what they're talking about.  

Not being cognitive dissonant is one thing. Being kind of a jerk, for talking shit about people making other life choices than you, that's something else :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

Not being cognitive dissonant is one thing. Being kind of a jerk, for talking shit about people making other life choices than you, that's something else :) 

i'm ok with jerk,  Kind of a jerk though that is insulting.

Edited by steel6burgh

17 minutes ago, TomataEighty9 said:

well.. I'm not a psychiatrist. so won't "argue" your example... it makes sense

but Frantz Fanon was. and he explained it as:

"Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief"

so my usage also makes sense. that guy, because he thinks shovelware isn't fun, can't accept that it's fun for anyone else, so its just easier for him to label them a liar

• Like 1

Just now, MonaSaxPayne said:

well.. I'm not a psychiatrist. so won't "argue" your example... it makes sense

but Frantz Fanon was. and he explained it as:

"Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn't fit in with the core belief"

so my usage also makes sense. that guy, because he thinks shovelware isn't fun, can't accept that it's fun for anyone else, so its just easier for him to label them a liar

hmm, i guess it could be used that way :) 

Touché :D 

On 10/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, psycho_clank314 said:

I think what bothers me about them is there is no game at all. It's just cash for trophies. I want to play games and go for trophies, not just aquire trophies with no content.

I agree completely, if im spending money on a game I want there to be a game. I feel that should just be standard. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

you try to keep derail this thread? I pointed this out to you yesterday and yet here you are again today still going around antagonising people but this time other people instead of me.

u seem upset

like I told u yesterday.. this forum is not an echo chamber.. its a place of discussion

people will agree.. AND disagree with u

it seems as tho u perceive someone disagreeing with u as a personal attack of some sort

• Like 1

Just now, CelestialRequiem said:

I wouldn't bother with that user. 

You have to plead with them to get to the matter that's being discussed. It takes so much deliberation to have an on-topic discussion with him that it may as well be impossible. 

In one respect, I like to think the best in people and be part of a good community trying to introduce each other into more healthy game playing habits, and you know, just being a good old samaritan all around. Spread love not hate, as the dubious slogan goes.

That's not to say of course it's not without merit to converse with people of differing options. This isn't an "Echo Chamber" after all.

After all, there are quite a few people reading this thread even as I type, I think everyone can read what's going on and make up their own minds and maybe come away learning something.

Alas, two stacks of the subjectively fun game Pongy P just rolled in. The door to the action is right over there, for those of that particular persuasion of course.

• Like 3

On 09/10/2022 at 4:42 PM, Helyx said:

Imagine caring what someone else thinks of your hobby.

Imagine having a public profile, registering on a public trophy hunter community website, replying to trophy-related threads, and saying that no one cares about your hobby.

The irony (hypocrisy more like)

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

It's sad to chase a leaderboard in which the winner is who can shovel shit the fastest.

I think the saddest thing of all, is that it's only who is winning. There will never a winner.

Like a pension/pyramid scheme that everyone is paying into, and knowing full well there won't be a payout at the end.

Edited by enaysoft