TMNT Shredder’s Revenge coming to PS5 on November 15

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge coming to PS5 on November 15

No differences from the PlayStation 4 version.

No free upgrade.

Publisher Dotemu and developer Tribute Games will release a PlayStation 5 version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge digitally on November 15, the companies announced.

A free upgrade from the PlayStation 4 version will not be available, but according to Tribute Games, “this version is identical to the [PlayStation 4 version] and doesn’t include any additional feature or content.” The only difference is that one runs natively on PlayStation 5, while the other is a PlayStation 4 game that runs via backward compatibility.

In North America, Limited Run Games will sell a physical edition of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge for PlayStation 5 in various editions, including the $34.99 standard edition, $64.99 Classic Edition, $199.99 Radical Edition, and $299.99 Fan Bundle. Pre-orders are available now and close on November 27.

In Europe, Merge Games will publish a physical standard edition for £34.99 / €39.99, which will be available on November 25, and a special edition via Signature Edition Games for £59.99 / €69.99, which will be available shortly after.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge first launched for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam on June 16.

https://www.gematsu.com/2022/11/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-shredders-revenge-coming-to-ps5-on-november-15

Edited by ziggypossum
EDIT

28 minutes ago, Klart said:

No free upgrade is uncool.

Yeah but......

" This version is ????????? to the PS4's and doesn't include any additional feature or content. "

Even for free, why would you want the EXACT SAME GAME that is identical to the PS4 version that you already own that can be played on a PS5?!

I'm joking of course, there's obviously a reason. You just want free autopop trophies and that is all isn't it?

Well, the whole trophy system is pay to win these days so yeah, you should pay for your "free" trophies!

Also, it's an absolutely fantastic game, if you love the game, buy it twice! The devs will appreciate it!

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 3

This is an odd choice. I understand not adding anything to the game but not giving a discount for PS4 owners is odd.

Like I had a great experience with it and would love to support it even more but I don't see much benefit to buying it again at full price. When it goes on sale yeah maybe but I can wait.

Also doesn’t come with the free personal pan pizza. No buy. Just kidding, already bought the physical ps4 and haven’t gotten to playing it yet. Bummer on the free upgrade, but honestly most of the time I don’t play the ps5 version of many games anyway right away.

1 hour ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah but......

" This version is ????????? to the PS4's and doesn't include any additional feature or content. "

Even for free, why would you want the EXACT SAME GAME that is identical to the PS4 version that you already own that can be played on a PS5?!

I'm joking of course, there's obviously a reason. You just want free autopop trophies and that is all isn't it?

Well, the whole trophy system is pay to win these days so yeah, you should pay for your "free" trophies!

Also, it's an absolutely fantastic game, if you love the game, buy it twice! The devs will appreciate it!

No, actually I don’t want a free autopop ;). I do want to earn Trophies again and will buy the PS5 version at one point. 

I really want a PS5 version of SoR4 - I expect them to release this too- actually and I’d hate it if it has autopop. I loved getting the plat. 

I will probably get them both physical, so that’s kinda cool.

And I love supporting this dev. I bought SoR4 and the DLC full price on PS4 and Switch. But a free digital upgrade or at least an upgrade discount would have been nice.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Klart said:

No, actually I don’t want a free autopop ;). I do want to earn Trophies again and will buy the PS5 version at one point. 

I really want a PS5 version of SoR4 - I expect them to release this too- actually and I’d hate it if it has autopop. I loved getting the plat. 

And I love supporting this dev. I bought SoR4 and the DLC full price on PS4 and Switch. But a free digital upgrade or at least an upgrade discount would have been nice.

Well I'm glad you think that.

Although same with SOR4, not sure why we even need a PS5 version of that game either?

If they're gonna rerelease SOR4 at least do something to improve, like 120fps, or ACTUAL 4 player online coop (if they can do 6 player in Turtles no excuse why there can't be more than 4 players in SOR4)

5 hours ago, Klart said:

Auto pop or at least cross gen co op is the only way I'd consider buying this again on PS5.  I didn't enjoy it enough that I'd want to do a few of the trophies again.  The no damage Shredder trophy and Gnarly trophy specifically I didn't enjoy.  Hopefully they don't patch the no damage Shredder trophy trick on the PS5 version before it comes out.

The irony is that I pre-order a PS5 version that was supposed to be released a month after the PS4 release. It was canceled and I had to buy the PS4 version. I thought they were adding some extras, reason to delay the PS5 physical version - that's what I thought.

I'm buying the PS5 version, maybe the Special Edition, because I love this game. But honestly, since it's the same version of the game without any extras, I don't understand why they didn't release in the same day as the PS4 version... 

Even a small discount would have been nice like £10 off for owning the PS4 version I'm not expecting free and nobody should unless they bought a cross gen bundle which existed before this was announced then yeah I would understand why people would be annoyed. This game is fantastic, so I might just buy the disc version for my collection.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So it does allow cross gen multiplayer between PS4 and PS5. It shares the same online lobbies between systems. I bit the bullet and bought it while it was on sale.  New patch didn't patch the Super Shredder cheese either lol.

Edited by Snake2410
More detailed information about cross gen multiplayer.

• 2 months later...
On 3/22/2023 at 3:29 AM, Simo-svk said:

Hi, I can confirm it too. I have both PS4 version (disc and digital).  There is no way to update from PS4 to PS5 version (some other PS4 games offer a 10 € for update from PS4 to PS5). You need to buy it again !

Yeah, that part sucks.  But I still eneded up buying it on PS5 digitally, then turned around and bought it physically too to match up with my physical PS5 copy of the Cowabunga Collection. 

The fact it shares servers between console gens would've been a major selling point for me to begin with.  I wouldn't have taken quite as much of an issue of the money grab this essentially was if they'd been straight forward with the whole thing.

At least I was able to use my PS4 version with my PS5 version to boost the Super Shredder no damage trophy though.  With the recent updates to that fight I doubt I could do it legit now.  Before the patch I probably could've, but now he's too erratic and the hit boxes for some of his moves aren't as easy to avoid.

Edited by Snake2410

• 2 months later...