Oh god the grind lol

BlaizeV

This has to be up there as one of the most tedious and slow going grinds to a trophy ever. If only you could play every character in defend. A defend run can be done in 10-20 minutes, an invade run is closer to 40-60 minutes from my experience and each invading Kaiju will need to do this run at least 3-4 times to fully evolve.

Currently I only have Godzilla fully upgraded with all figures. I don't know if I have it in me to do the rest of the Kaiju's, especially as many of them are no fun to play at all sadly. The evolution energy is killer, I so wish you could earn that through other means. The cells aren't too bad except Destroyah as he is such a rare spawn unless I choose to play Burning Godzilla, I guess I need to focus on leveling Destroyah up so I can earn all his cells.

I know this is a worn out topic but I thought I would start a new thread to give us newer players to this game a place to vent our frustrations because I doubt I'm alone despite how good this game is for Godzilla fans. 

• Like 1

I hear you man. I'm almost done, only 3 kaiju left, but it's taken me years to get this far because I can't stomach long sessions. I actually think the gameplay is brilliant for a classic Godzilla fan, but the amount of content just doesn't cut it for the amount of grind, amd you're spot on about some of the kaiju being unfun to play. Mothra and Battra adult are the worst, since it's nearly impossible to destroy low structures or beat small kaiju like larva Mothra.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Moridin83 said:

I hear you man. I'm almost done, only 3 kaiju left, but it's taken me years to get this far because I can't stomach long sessions. I actually think the gameplay is brilliant for a classic Godzilla fan, but the amount of content just doesn't cut it for the amount of grind, amd you're spot on about some of the kaiju being unfun to play. Mothra and Battra adult are the worst, since it's nearly impossible to destroy low structures or beat small kaiju like larva Mothra.

I was going to do this grind while watching the World Cup games but I find as you say that long sessions are hard to get through. I actually find it hurts my thumbs after awhile. Also a thing I forgot to mention is the random 100m spawns just to add to the tedium, especially when they appear late in a stage. I don't even bother to fight them in the earlier stages as it is quicker to just start over after defeat. Why they even added those to the game I'll never know.

On 29/11/2022 at 8:34 PM, FrostyMcNugs said:

I got all trophies except the max level ones in Jan 2019 lol. I don't even know if I'll ever go back to it. I tried to grind for a while and I think I got a few kaiju max level but I still have like 10 left. I kind of feel obligated because the game is so expensive now.

I'm still going through it but I'm slowing down. Maxed out about third of them. What I find insane about this game is outside of the trophy there is no incentive to put in all this time as the benefits of levelling up are tiny for all the Kaiju minus a small handful. I wish one of the levelling up perks was the ability to start a larger height, like 75m or something as that would make the time investment lower while also making the game still fun as there would be tangiable rewards for levelling up and each playthrough would be easier than the last. Having to start at 50m each time means while I might be able to use my special more frequently it doesn't change the fact that destroying each generator in the early stages still takes ages no matter how levelled up you are.

I mean when you can complete at minimum a silver star run everytime with every Kaiju regardless of it being Lvl 1 or Maxed out then what is the point ya know? Then the balance between the amount of evolution energy you get Invading compared to that of Defending is stupid.

I will eventually do this but if it will be this year I don't know, I have been playing it less and less.

Edited by BlaizeV
  • Like 1

I'm in the same boat. Lifelong Godzilla fan, and I'm thankful for this game, but man-literally almost a JRPG type of grind, but more boring lol. I just need to max out the roster and get their figures. Apparently GigaBash is getting Godzilla DLC, if you guys play that game.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 5:12 PM, BlaizeV said:

I'm still going through it but I'm slowing down. Maxed out about third of them. What I find insane about this game is outside of the trophy there is no incentive to put in all this time as the benefits of levelling up are tiny for all the Kaiju minus a small handful. I wish one of the levelling up perks was the ability to start a larger height, like 75m or something as that would make the time investment lower while also making the game still fun as there would be tangiable rewards for levelling up and each playthrough would be easier than the last. Having to start at 50m each time means while I might be able to use my special more frequently it doesn't change the fact that destroying each generator in the early stages still takes ages no matter how levelled up you are.

I mean when you can complete at minimum a silver star run everytime with every Kaiju regardless of it being Lvl 1 or Maxed out then what is the point ya know? Then the balance between the amount of evolution energy you get Invading compared to that of Defending is stupid.

I will eventually do this but if it will be this year I don't know, I have been playing it less and less.

I know it may sound weird coming from someone who's had it incomplete as long as I have, but keep at it, and you'll get there. I'm down to 2 diorama levels for Space Godzilla and then I'll be on to Gigan. I find the diorama requirement even more soul crushing though. At least the kaiju upgrades provide some bonus. The diorama is just...there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, yojimbo87x said:

Just got the Platinum...

WHEW...finished with Space Godzilla as an homage to the SNES Super Godzilla. Good times. I will never do this grind again lol keep at it guys!

Congrats! I had to stop halfway through, I'll get back to it as it is a perfect podcast game but I lost the battle for now lol

• Like 1

On 1/7/2023 at 6:59 AM, BlaizeV said:

Congrats! I had to stop halfway through, I'll get back to it as it is a perfect podcast game but I lost the battle for now lol

Thanks man!! As bad as the game is, it will always hold a special spot in my heart as a fan. On to the Resident Evil series?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Anyone know where I might get the game for a good price that's not hundreds of dollars on ps4

Asked myself the same thing, only managed to get it for $180 at a retro game store lol

Excited to check this one out (despite the grinding) lol

On 12/15/2022 at 11:18 PM, KillerKhye07 said:

It's wild that someone managed to get the plat in 3 days

Yeah, I basically played Godzilla for nearly 3.5 days straight with minimal breaks. The game is insanely grindy, but easy. I came to learn very quickly which attacks worked/didn’t work well for destroying buildings and fighting kaiju. The only thing that made it bearable was playing as the different kaiju and having fun with the different attacks and move sets. 

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Anyone know where I might get the game for a good price that's not hundreds of dollars on ps4

You’re not going to find a cheap copy anywhere. eBay is your best bet to find a “decently priced” copy. Wouldn’t recommend getting a brand new copy either, unless you’re a stickler about that kind of thing. If someone managed to snag one for less than $100, I would be genuinely surprised.

39 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Yeah, I basically played Godzilla for nearly 3.5 days straight with minimal breaks. The game is insanely grindy, but easy. I came to learn very quickly which attacks worked/didn’t work well for destroying buildings and fighting kaiju. The only thing that made it bearable was playing as the different kaiju and having fun with the different attacks and move sets. 

You’re not going to find a cheap copy anywhere. eBay is your best bet to find a “decently priced” copy. Wouldn’t recommend getting a brand new copy either, unless you’re a stickler about that kind of thing. If someone managed to snag one for less than $100, I would be genuinely surprised.

I knew I should have just bought it at Walmart back when it was new and just came out :(

• 3 months later...

This was a heinous platinum. Without exaggeration this was one of the worst platinums I've ever gotten, maybe THE worst. The grind doesn't feel so bad for the first ten, twenty, thirty hours maybe. But you pass this point at which you go "Jesus Christ, I have so fucking much more left to go." And you do. More, and more, and more. I just did not think it was going to be as awful as it was; not even close.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/5/2023 at 8:39 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

This was a heinous platinum. Without exaggeration this was one of the worst platinums I've ever gotten, maybe THE worst. The grind doesn't feel so bad for the first ten, twenty, thirty hours maybe. But you pass this point at which you go "Jesus Christ, I have so fucking much more left to go." And you do. More, and more, and more. I just did not think it was going to be as awful as it was; not even close.

Hahaha THIS, I’ve played and completed  ALOT of big grindy games, especially open world ones but this game is something else bruh, Playing the same mode over and over and over with Godzilla was repetitive asf but manageable but then you have do it all over  again with the invading kaijus, it was bad enough with Godzilla but no you’re gonna have to play another 5-6 times on the same stages you did with Godzilla doing the exact same thing just with other Kaiju 20+ times, who the hell thought of this? Seeing the same stages doing the exact same thing with 20+ Kaiju, this is definitely one of the worst grinds anyone could ever go through regardless of how fast anyone can even complete it 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/28/2023 at 7:14 PM, ArmoredSnowman said:

So, what trophies are missing from the PS3 version?

There are 6 trophies on the PS4 version that are not on the PS3 list. Bonus Beginner, VS Beginner, VS Winner, VS 10, Kaiju Collector and Kaiju Master. There are also 2 trophies on the PS3 list that are not on the PS4 list. Amateur Director and Seasoned Director.

• Like 1