Platinum Difficulty Challenge 2023

7 minutes ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

Badges set, or can more be made? a Reverse OCD and a add on to the series with series OCD would be kind of neat.

I love the idea of Reverse OCD. At this point I'm writing down ideas for new badges in a note on my phone but saving them for next year. Gonna keep it at 30 each year but drop the ones people didn't seem interested in and try new ones each year. I'll write down the Reverse OCD one for sure. 

Two I've come up with since finalizing this years list:

Y tho? - Your 1/10 or 2/10 have an estimated time of 50+ hours

Lmao - Auto-popped your 10/10 (I think it's possible with all 3 current PS5 10/10s)

Edited by Rebourne07

Also by series OCD I mean complete the series in chronological or release order and not difficulty order. It'd probably exist to soley be a add on to series. The low requirement probably makes it not workable but still.

Add on badges would probably be more of a pain than it's worth, but probably would be cool.

Change the name of LMAO to "Thanks Rebourne!" since you're the one who allows the 10 autopop lol

Edited by ZLordofAwesome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ZLordofAwesome said:

Badges set, or can more be made? a Reverse OCD and a add on to the series with series OCD would be kind of neat.

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

At this point I'm writing down ideas for new badges in a note on my phone but saving them for next year.

An OCD badge should be the letters "C. D. O." The letters in OCD should be in alphabetical order, like how all things should be. ?

• Like 1

@Rebourne07 since i am new to the event and not sure about the history in regards of Pages. Was this Page already discuss if it is an acceptable Source?

https://metagame.guide/

I tried to get some difficulty estimates for a game and didnt find any except for this Page. But since i didnt understand how the difficulty estimates are really calculated i dont know if i can use this Page as well.

@Platinum_Vice Haha! Love it. Next year I'll definitely do O.C.D. and D.C.O.

@Inuty Yes MetaGame works well

Some other good sites are PlatPrices, PlaystationTrophies, PowerPyx and of course PSNProfiles

Doesn't have to be those though. Any site that has guides with a publication system (i.e. not just forum pasted guides) and / or community voted polls works. Welcome to the challenge!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Platinum_Vice Haha! Love it. Next year I'll definitely do O.C.D. and D.C.O.

@Inuty Yes MetaGame works well

Some other good sites are PlatPrices, PlaystationTrophies, PowerPyx and of course PSNProfiles

Doesn't have to be those though. Any site that has guides with a publication system (i.e. not just forum pasted guides) and / or community voted polls works. Welcome to the challenge!

PlatGet and Knoef are good too @Inuty

• Like 2

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

The difficulty ratings can come from any trophy related website, but they cannot be your personal ratings. You must submit proof in the form of a link for each game's difficulty rating. 

Updated the Rules section of the main post to include a few more examples of reputable trophy guide sites since this came up.

Awesome idea with all the badges! I'd love to join again. Will give me some motivation to complete games that have been on my backlog forever.

1/10 - TBD

2/10 - Persona 5 Royal

3/10 - Yakuza 6

4/10 - Yakuza Like a Dragon

5/10 - Lost Judgment

6/10 - Final Fantasy X-2 HD

7/10 - Judgment

8/10 - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

9/10 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty

10/10 - Devil May Cry 5

A few questions of the badge requirements.

Can MGS2 count as a 10/10 as well? The community poll has the majority of votes being 10/10.

Does Persona 5 Royal count as a remake/remaster?

Can Judgment/Lost Judgment be in the same series as Yakuza?

7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours

8atwz9Z.png Brownie Points - Platinum a game from Rebourne07's favorite series (Final Fantasy)

vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023

F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (MGS2, DMC5)

9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games (MGS2, Persona 5 Royal, FFX-2)

KqPK6IM.png PS4 Master - Platinum 6 or more PS4 games on your list

F5VKYG6.png Rare Letter - Platinum a game starting with J,O,Q,X,Y or Z

1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror - 3 or more games on your list are from the same series

Edited by Thedah
  • Like 1

@Thedah Welcome back! 

Great list! You also qualify for the 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror badge since Yakuza and Judgement games are on the same Playstation Series

Normally GOTY editions don't count as remakes/remasters, but I'd say Persona 5 Royal can because it has a significant amount of new content and an entirely new trophy list. 

And yes you can count MGS2 as a 10/10. The poll was up for several days and looks like allowing highest voted rating as an option won 24 to 7 so we'll accept those now. If anyone has issues with a particular game that gets a new rating as a result of this rule lets handle it on a game by game basis.

Edited by Rebourne07

Here is my first draft. Like I posted before I will go PS5 all the way.

274e.png 1/10 - Tunic

274e.png 2/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

274e.png 3/10 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

274e.png 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 5/10 - Trek to Yomi

274e.png 6/10 - Disco Alysium

274e.png 7/10 - Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

274e.png 8/10 - Elden Ring

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

However, I really want to add:
Return Of Monkey Island
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

So I am waiting until I can get a difficult value on those two and then exchange against what ever game they need to be replaced to get my final list!
That approach works/is allowed @Rebourne07? If not, the above list the one I will go with!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Thedah Welcome back! 

Great list! You also qualify for the 1a8HRhZ.png Series Conqueror badge since Yakuza and Judgement games are on the same Playstation Series

Normally GOTY editions don't count as remakes/remasters, but I'd say Persona 5 Royal can because it has a significant amount of new content and an entirely new trophy list. 

And yes you can count MGS2 as a 10/10. The poll was up for several days and looks like allowing highest voted rating as an option won 24 to 7 so we'll accept those now. If anyone has issues with a particular game that gets a new rating as a result of this rule lets handle it on a game by game basis.

Thanks! Would I also qualify for the Old School Badge then? Persona 5 Royal, FFX-2 HD and MGS2.

Just now, Stedde said:

Here is my first draft. Like I posted before I will go PS5 all the way.

274e.png 1/10 - Tunic

274e.png 2/10 - Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

274e.png 3/10 - F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

274e.png 4/10 - God of War: Ragnarok

274e.png 5/10 - Trek to Yomi

274e.png 6/10 - Disco Alysium

274e.png 7/10 - Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

274e.png 8/10 - Elden Ring

274e.png 9/10 - Returnal

274e.png 10/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

However, I really want to add:
Return Of Monkey Island
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion

So I am waiting until I can get a difficult value on those two and then exchange against what ever game they need to be replaced to get my final list!
That approach works/is allowed @Rebourne07? If not, the above list the one I will go with!

Yes, you can change your games out at anytime. For Return of Monkey Island I'd imagine a trophy guide will pop up at some point. Unless you'd like to write one yourself. For Crisis Core, me and @RavenScythe are writing the trophy guide for that so the guide will be out some time January 2023 (it's a long, complex game) and I'd imagine it'll be rated anywhere from 3-6, but we'll see once we get our hands on it :) 

3 minutes ago, Thedah said:

Thanks! Would I also qualify for the Old School Badge then? Persona 5 Royal, FFX-2 HD and MGS2.

Yep!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hazopgamin said:

I would like to sign up for this challenge please. Thank you! it looks like a ton of fun!

Welcome! Just make a list of 10 games rated 1-10 and link guides to them and post them here :) You can post a partial list for now if you’re not sure everything you wanna do. Also checkout the badges to see if those give you any ideas.

1 hour ago, Rebourne07 said:

Updated the Rules section of the main post to include a few more examples of reputable trophy guide sites since this came up.

All those can count?

I was trying to aggregate the difficulty rating of all my started + backlog (with interest) games on all the valid sites before making an initial draft list, but looks like it will take a while...

Funny enough with the PSNP difficulty rating only First Class Trouble as a 1/10 difficulty (yet the guide says that's impossible to do without boosting) lol

It will take a while for me do decide the list, but I should have something to start with before the end of the year...

13 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

All those can count?

I was trying to aggregate the difficulty rating of all my started + backlog (with interest) games on all the valid sites before making an initial draft list, but looks like it will take a while...

Funny enough with the PSNP difficulty rating only First Class Trouble as a 1/10 difficulty (yet the guide says that's impossible to do without boosting) lol

It will take a while for me do decide the list, but I should have something to start with before the end of the year...

Yeah the guides on all those sites are good :) 

If you need help choosing games, checkout the Resources section of the main post. There’s a ton of good suggestions there.  

45 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yeah the guides on all those sites are good :) 

If you need help choosing games, checkout the Resources section of the main post. There’s a ton of good suggestions there.  

Thanks! I didn't even knew about most of those sites, so, it's good for research material too!

As for needing help on figuring out a game for a difficulty, I don't think that I will need, since I have at least 9-10 Artifex Mundi games on my backlog, and while on PSNP there are no guides, they usually are 1-2 difficulty, so that's ok.

On the 7-9 front, I actually have way more of those on my backlog than I expected.. The 10, maybe it's more a question of research, since for example, I had marked Gran Turismo Sports for 9 (PSNP difficulty), but on PlatPrices is a 10.

So, for me for now is more a time to research than anything (well, that and wait for FF7R Crisis Core guides to show up, to see what slot it will fill, since that's my 1st pick regardless of difficulty..)

@Inuty There's a rule for that :D Just check the Rules section and it'll answer most of your questions. Always feel free to ask questions here though just in case you cant find an answer to something. 

On 12/1/2022 at 0:55 PM, Rebourne07 said:

If you find a rating on a site that is X.1, X.5, X.X etc. then you can count it as either/or as long as it's X.1+. So, for example, say you find a game that is rated as 6.4/10, then you can count it as either your 6 or your 7. This will especially happen a lot on playstationtrophies.org with ultra difficult games since the community vote method ensures a game can be 9.X, but will almost certainly never be voted as a pure 10/10. In the case of a game that is 9.1+/10, you can count it as a 9 or a 10.

@Han_the_Dragon Sounds good man :) For those Artifex Mundi games you would need an official rating to count one. If there's no guide anywhere you could think about writing a guide for one.

Yeah GT Sport can be counted as a 10, imo I'm surprised it's a 9 anywhere. That's the definition of a 10 in my book.

And I'm personally writing the Crisis Core guide when it comes out so I'll let you know what me and my co-author decide for the official PSNP rating for it ends up being so you'll have it a little before the guide's publication. 

Edited by Rebourne07

10 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

@Inuty There's a rule for that :D Just check the Rules section and it'll answer most of your questions. Always feel free to ask questions here though just in case you cant find an answer to something. 

@Han_the_Dragon Sounds good man :) For those Artifex Mundi games you would need an official rating to count one. If there's no guide anywhere you could think about writing a guide for one.

Yeah GT Sport can be counted as a 10, imo I'm surprised it's a 9 anywhere. That's the definition of a 10 in my book.

And I'm personally writing the Crisis Core guide when it comes out so I'll let you know what me and my co-author decide for the official PSNP rating for it ends up being so you'll have it a little before the guide's publication. 

Ok, Great! Looking forward to it! I will likely just do a first playthrough of Crisis Core, and then it depends if I'm really hooked to the game or if I get side-tracked by some server closure (or my racing game or fighting game friends decides to boost something and get me side-tracked..). Still, sooner or later, I will definitely need a guide, since I don't think that I did everything on the PSP version, and the last time I played it was easily 10+ years ago..

As for Artifex Mundi, I meant that there's no guide for them on PSNP, I believe there are guides on PS3T.org, and Platprices as a difficulty rating on them almost for sure. I don't really write guides (long ago when there was no Disgaea 4 guides, I was asked if I could write one, or if at least I could help with knowledge, and I just helped who needed, because I was thinking that it would be easier than writing a guide.. ya, I just never feel like doing that..). And on the Artifex Mundi, there's really no need for guides, since the games are really easy as long as you have basic knowledge of Mahjong and Hidden Object games.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Man how Do i miss that! Thanks for tagging it. I guess thats are enough information for me to look through some games. I guess my list will change depending on my mood and in regards of releasing games or ps+ entries haha

Finally complied my list! It might see some changes, but for the most part I think I'll be sticking with these games. All difficulties are based off of PSNP.

1/10 - Toem

2/10 - Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One

3/10 - Dark Cloud

4/10 - Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

5/10 - Assassin's Creed III Remastered

6/10 - ICO

7/10 - Batman: Arkham City (PS4)

8/10 - Cuphead

9/10 - Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time

10/10 - Fall Guys (PS5)

And here are all the badges that apply to me/that I'm going for:

• 7AptHd9.png Above and Beyond - Platinum a game with an official time estimate of 80 or more hours (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • r4ItX2a.png Finally! - Platinum a game that you started 3 or more years ago (ICO)
  • vivrpJz.png Fresh Starter - 6 or more games on your list had 0% progress prior to 2023
  • F5psQ31.png Masochist - More than one game on your list qualifies as a 10/10 (Crash and Fall Guys)
  • PdQrAjI.png OCD - Platinum all 10 games on your list in order 
  • 9ecFreL.png Old School - 3 or more games on your list are remakes, remasters or PS1/PS2/PSP games
  • Like 2