Reported glitch Maximum Security

bryanr1213

2 hours ago, ziggurcat said:

It may have been patched? If anyone has gotten it to go on the latest update, I hope they share.  I tried for a few hours, and it hasn't worked for me - AS SOON as the cutscene triggers (I'm talking immediately) after beating the last boss, I pause, change the difficulty, let it all play out, reboot the game, and load the most recent auto save (I've tried just hitting continue or manually loading the auto save file).  Nothing. 

By the way, doing a manual save right when the cutscene triggers indicates that it's still on the "Last Chance" checkpoint, and not the "Run to the pods", if that info happens to be helpful.  The autosave that generates definitely says it's on Maximum difficulty, so the timing of how I've done it should be good according to the method posted by @PhantomFear    

It works on 1.07. I just platinumed for the 5th and 6th time today, and I tried the glitch for one of those

Took a bit of messing to work, but worked eventually.

After 6 platinums, including a no damage platinum, I observed the save system is weird sometimes and I feel there are a lot of variables to consider that I have not tested them all to get down a fool proof step by step method. I dont have time to test the glitch 5+ times to clean up the strategy.

I played about with the 2 autosaves after beating the final boss. 1 of these triggers as soon as you beat him and the cutscene starts, and another triggers straight after the cutscene when u get control back for the escape. 

I changed difficulty after that autosave straight after beating him, so when the autosave triggered at the start of the escape, that was saved on Max Secur. And then those are the 2 I was reloading later and checking with.

Like I say, I feel there are a few more variables though which I cant really eliminate without popping the trophy again. Manual saves likely work as well, I just think its something between changing difficulty, and hitting another checkpoint which sorta locks it in

Just wanted to say it works on 1.07, I was on PS5 btw

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

It works on 1.07. I just platinumed for the 5th and 6th time today, and I tried the glitch for one of those

After 6 platinums, including a no damage platinum, I observed the save system is weird sometimes and I feel there are a lot of variables to consider that I have not tested them all to get down a fool proof step by step method. I dont have time to test the glitch 5+ times to clean up the strategy.

I played about with the 2 autosaves after beating the final boss. 1 of these triggers as soon as you beat him and the cutscene starts, and another triggers straight after the cutscene when u get control back for the escape. 

I changed difficulty after that autosave straight after beating him, so when the autosave triggered at the start of the escape, that was saved on Max Secur. And then those are the 2 I was reloading later and checking with.

Like I say, I feel there are a few more variables though which I cant really eliminate without popping the trophy again

I've gone back and beaten the final boss on Maximum Security and it still hasn't popped? 

17 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Like I say, I feel there are a few more variables though which I cant really eliminate without popping the trophy again. Manual saves likely work as well, I just think its something between changing difficulty, and hitting another checkpoint which sorta locks it in

Thanks for the informations shared. I will try again tomorrow ?

8 minutes ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I've gone back and beaten the final boss on Maximum Security and it still hasn't popped? 

I cant say exactly why mate, im not going to say do this or that like a lot of others are. Im not confident that I understand it exactly, like I say, still a few variables I cant understand without more testing, and im not platting again, 6 times is enough ;)

It seems the whole thing needs to be done in a very specific sequence to work. 

Some checkpoints for example, loading a save from within the gameplay or from the main menu can load you in at different points or states. A little bit more to it than just saving and reloading I think

I'm just saying it works on 1.07. 

Maximum Security is not hard though with the right routing. I'll have a text and video guide up in a day or 2 with a No Damage Platinum 1 Playthrough legit, should help.

Edited by Optinooby

4 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Hmm... so what would I be doing wrong?

I will try delaying the difficulty switch until after the cutscene auto save triggers, but before the point where you regain control.  Last night I was pausing immediately and changing the difficulty before the first auto save triggered, and it wasn't working (I was doing this because it was stressed that you had to change the difficulty as soon as the boss is beaten (i.e. "immediately").  With my initial attempt, I may have made the difficulty switch after the second auto save, so that's maybe why it didn't work that time.. but who knows.  

It's encouraging that you got it to work on the latest patch, so I will keep trying.  I do have a manual save right before the final boss, and another manual save in the second stage of the final boss fight, so I have options.

19 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I cant say exactly why mate, im not going to say do this or that like a lot of others are. Im not confident that I understand it exactly, like I say, still a few variables I cant understand without more testing, and im not platting again, 6 times is enough ;)

Some checkpoints for example, loading a save from within the gameplay or from the main menu can load you in at different points or states. A little bit more to it than just saving and reloading I think

Maximum Security is not hard though with the right routing. I'll have a text and video guide up in a day or 2 with a No Damage Platinum 1 Playthrough legit, should help.

Please share the link to your video once it's complete :) I suspect there's a lot more stealth involved in the hard mode playthrough.  The only points I can see being super annoying are the Two Head fights and the final boss fight.  

I am at a total loss. Beat the entire game on Maximum Security, no trophy.

Closed the game, reloaded final checkpoint.

Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, reloaded final checkpoint.

Reloaded to previous save prior to final boss, defeated him again on Maximum difficulty, finished game.

Absolutely nothing has worked in getting this to pop. Think I'm going to give up for now until anyone else can offer any more insight.

4 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

I am at a total loss. Beat the entire game on Maximum Security, no trophy.

Closed the game, reloaded final checkpoint.

Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, reloaded final checkpoint.

Reloaded to previous save prior to final boss, defeated him again on Maximum difficulty, finished game.

Absolutely nothing has worked in getting this to pop. Think I'm going to give up for now until anyone else can offer any more insight.

Don't hit continue. 

1. Delete game.

2. Reinstall game.

3. On title screen go to options and set to maximum if not on maximum.

4. Don't hit continue but load last auto save that says Maximum (likely your hallway run)

5. Finish game and it should pop within seconds of credit roll 

5 hours ago, Optinooby said:

So changed to maximum in between, and it still won't work for me.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong if it worked 6 times for you.

1 hour ago, Startyde said:

Don't hit continue. 

1. Delete game.

2. Reinstall game.

4. Don't hit continue but load last auto save that says Maximum (likely your hallway run)

I also finished the hardest difficulty legitly and didn't get the trophy.  I tried this but sadly it didn't work.

Sounds like they maybe tried to fix the exploit and in the process have broken legit unlocking for some people lol. I'm trying to get the trophy now, have reloaded the hallway run from auto save and manual save about six times total now. Reinstalled the game at one point too, no dice. Played the whole game on 1.07.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RayCharlizard said:

Sounds like they maybe tried to fix the exploit and in the process have broken legit unlocking for some people lol. I'm trying to get the trophy now, have reloaded the hallway run from auto save and manual save about six times total now. Reinstalled the game at one point too, no dice. Played the whole game on 1.07.

Did you play on the hardest difficulty legit, or are you trying to do the glitch

21 minutes ago, biggun3965 said:

Did you play on the hardest difficulty legit, or are you trying to do the glitch

Legit. I tried a lot to get it to pop tonight. Re-did chapter 8 completely from my manual save at the start, re-did the hallway chase a ton, cleared PS5 cache in safe mode, reinstalled the game twice, rebuilt database, turned off internet, reinstalled the game without patch, loaded my save and got the crash someone else reported. Tried to manual save on 1.00, get an error that the save can't be made so they definitely changed something since then (not uncommon but wanted to try). Rebuilt database to try on 1.00 again since the error code is a generic CE-108255-1, still crashed at the hallway run. Guess I'll just hope it gets fixed in the next patch and will try to replay chapter 8 again.

Edit: Also, I noticed tonight that I popped Grim Reaper at collectible #42 on PowerPyx's guide, before the final Duncan Cole memo. Not sure if that's different from earlier patches but hints towards trophy glitch imo.

Edited by RayCharlizard

27 minutes ago, RayCharlizard said:

Edit: Also, I noticed tonight that I popped Grim Reaper at collectible #42 on PowerPyx's guide, before the final Duncan Cole memo. Not sure if that's different from earlier patches but hints towards trophy glitch imo.

I think that trophy is to unveil every person, not necessarily get every single log.  #42 reveals the final person. Powerpyx's guide would have been created long before patch 1.07, so I don't think that that collectible is unlocking early since that kind of bug is pretty random.  The fact that it's in a guide is a pretty good indication that it's by design.   It's weird that the game leaves only the one collectible left, though.

8 minutes ago, ziggurcat said:

I think that trophy is to unveil every person, not necessarily get every single log.  #42 reveals the final person. Powerpyx's guide would have been created long before patch 1.07, so I don't think that that collectible is unlocking early since that kind of bug is pretty random.  The fact that it's in a guide is a pretty good indication that it's by design.   It's weird that the game leaves only the one collectible left, though.

Ah I missed that note in the guide then, I just went straight to the video and followed along.

I did see on the Callisto Protocol and trophies subreddits some other reports of legit Maximum Security runs not popping the trophy on 1.07. Just have to wait and see. ?

14 minutes ago, RayCharlizard said:

Ah I missed that note in the guide then, I just went straight to the video and followed along.

I did see on the Callisto Protocol and trophies subreddits some other reports of legit Maximum Security runs not popping the trophy on 1.07. Just have to wait and see. 1f614.png

That's so awful. I feel bad for the devs but it's like one f up after another. They already admitted that a previous patch was incorrect, something about the wrong file updated, so no doubt might have affected this since they're running around with heads cut off.

Over a week and PS4 has no trophies on the network. It's gonna screw up people's game ordering when it goes live. Many ppl won't care, but this is a trophy forum and many will. 

5 hours ago, Startyde said:

Don't hit continue. 

1. Delete game.

2. Reinstall game.

Yeah I've done this as well, nothing unfortunately. Don't know whether to buy an unpatched disc version, pop the trophy, then take the disc back the same day ?

3 hours ago, ScintillaWolf said:

Yeah I've done this as well, nothing unfortunately. Don't know whether to buy an unpatched disc version, pop the trophy, then take the disc back the same day ?

I tried it with an unpatched game and once you get to the final cutscene or sometimes even soon, it crashes. every time