Ramattra Update Out + New DLC Trophies

The-Captain-388

It's strange that switching from another tank makes the achievement work 

I had a lot of trouble trying to get Junkerqueen's wound trophy to unlock even though I was sure I was meeting the requirements. Do you think that could have the same issues? 

Edit: Nevermind, just saw someone in the thread already mentioned it

Guess I'll be trying that one again later

Edited by Shadiochao

On 12/6/2022 at 10:31 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Is there a point at which the new becomes available without doing the battle pass, like the following season? 

Ain't no way in hell I'm spending the time to level up to 45 or whatever 

Yes, Ramattra will be available to unlock after the season.  However if Kiriko is any indication of the work involved, she requires 35 Wins in Quick Play or Competitive and 6 other challenges that can be done in training.

Considering the time investment after the season, you might be better off doing the daily challenges in 1-2 matches a day while the season is going on. Level 45 really isn’t bad if you’re playing regularly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The-Captain-388 said:

Yes, Ramattra will be available to unlock after the season.  However if Kiriko is any indication of the work involved, she requires 35 Wins in Quick Play or Competitive and 6 other challenges that can be done in training.

Considering the time investment after the season, you might be better off doing the daily challenges in 1-2 matches a day while the season is going on. Level 45 really isn’t bad if you’re playing regularly.

I see, so no matter what you're gonna have to dump way too many hours in just to unlock it, to say nothing of however long it'll take to get the trophies themselves.

Welp, I guess I'm out then. Held on to that 100% as tightly as possible but I've reached my limit. ?? 

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

I can also confirm the Tank Swap thing. I played probably 5 games prior and definitely met 300 dmg criteria, but picked Rammatra immediately. I played Junker Queen until I died, swapped, and got it pretty quickly within the same game, and I did NOT survive. I believe I was still holding my arms up when I died and it popped first time attempting the tank swap thing. Not sure if it is required to play any particular tank or hero at all, but as I need JQ wounded, I tend to pick her first anyway...

Side note, it's kind of annoying how simple these ones are vs dumb stuff like Sojourn 4 killing blows while overclocked, and Baptiste's impossible amp matrix (don't even get me started on this BS, my max EVER while dying was 1800, and I have to do 2k without dying?!)

16 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

It's strange that switching from another tank makes the achievement work 

I had a lot of trouble trying to get Junkerqueen's wound trophy to unlock even though I was sure I was meeting the requirements. Do you think that could have the same issues? 

Edit: Nevermind, just saw someone in the thread already mentioned it

Guess I'll be trying that one again later

I'm curious of this as well, because I swear that one is broken. I will have to try this out.

Edited by Banananaki

On 12/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

I see, so no matter what you're gonna have to dump way too many hours in just to unlock it, to say nothing of however long it'll take to get the trophies themselves.

Welp, I guess I'm out then. Held on to that 100% as tightly as possible but I've reached my limit. ?1f614.png 

I'd say if you don't want to buy the battle passes for seasons with new characters(you get the character immediately if you buy the pass), you don't play from time to time just because you like playing it, and only really come back when they add new trophies, then yeah, it's gonna be rough holding on to that 100% now.

Personally, I gave up on 100% a long time ago(Doomfist trophies), but I still play a couple matches a day to do my daily challenges and stuff because I like the game.  I'll probably stop doing the dailies every day at some point(maybe when I get Ramattra), but I'll probably always play some each season.  Maybe buy a battle pass whenever they put up a mythic skin for character I use a lot.

On 06/12/2022 at 11:17 PM, The-Captain-388 said:

Seems we’re in for the long haul on this game again, good luck to everyone going for the 100%.

Eventually they'll hit the 127 trophy limit on PS4. After that, as long as you don't play again, no new trophies will get added to your profile.

bikeman223.png

10 hours ago, bikeman223 said:

Eventually they'll hit the 127 trophy limit on PS4. After that, as long as you don't play again, no new trophies will get added to your profile.

bikeman223.png

Yes, but considering we’re only at 90 trophies and 2 trophies added per new champion every 2-3 months or so, we’re still looking at 3-5 years until that happens.

19 hours ago, DoctorBaofu said:

I'd say if you don't want to buy the battle passes for seasons with new characters(you get the character immediately if you buy the pass), you don't play from time to time just because you like playing it, and only really come back when they add new trophies, then yeah, it's gonna be rough holding on to that 100% now.

Personally, I gave up on 100% a long time ago(Doomfist trophies), but I still play a couple matches a day to do my daily challenges and stuff because I like the game.  I'll probably stop doing the dailies every day at some point(maybe when I get Ramattra), but I'll probably always play some each season.  Maybe buy a battle pass whenever they put up a mythic skin for character I use a lot.

Yeah, I loved Overwatch (which is why I cared about keeping the 100%)... but for me it had it's time and I'm long over it. I don't need or want games to last forever. I also think the overwatch 2 update has worsened the game in every way.

For me just the time hopping back in when a new character is released to get the trophies is more than I'd like, so I certainly can't spend the the time to level up a bunch first.

And I find the concept of giving them money for a pos battle pass to be disgusting. And doing it would endless.

It's a bit disappointing for me, but such is life I guess.

23 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Yeah, I loved Overwatch (which is why I cared about keeping the 100%)... but for me it had it's time and I'm long over it. I don't need or want games to last forever. I also think the overwatch 2 update has worsened the game in every way.

For me just the time hopping back in when a new character is released to get the trophies is more than I'd like, so I certainly can't spend the the time to level up a bunch first.

And I find the concept of giving them money for a pos battle pass to be disgusting. And doing it would endless.

It's a bit disappointing for me, but such is life I guess.

I still really like playing the game, so I probably will keep playing for a long time, just not everyday at some point.  I used to play a lot during seasonal events to get the new skins and stuff, but that's not a thing any more.  Basically the only time I'll play now is if I'm just in the mode to play a few matches.  I don't mind the 10 bucks for the battle pass, as long as it has stuff in it I want, which is why I haven't bought one yet. I've put over 2k hours into this game, so I have no problems giving them another 10 bucks here and there.  Even then, I probably wouldn't end up buying more than one or two passes, if I ever buy any.  And I sure as hell will never buy one of those individual skins for 20 bucks.

Edited by DoctorBaofu

19 hours ago, Anton_games337 said:

Do you need to do a tank switch every time you die as Rammatra or only once at the start?

No. I picked JQ at the start, died, and switched. Died a few times AS Rammatra, but after the initial switch, eventually the blocking trophy popped. I don't know if anyone has tried playing any character, or just simply switching in spawn room after not instalocking Rammatra. Not sure if Multi-Round maps require multiple switches. But picking JQ, swapping after first death, and doing requirements worked for me the first game I attempted it.

57 minutes ago, Banananaki said:

No. I picked JQ at the start, died, and switched. Died a few times AS Rammatra, but after the initial switch, eventually the blocking trophy popped. I don't know if anyone has tried playing any character, or just simply switching in spawn room after not instalocking Rammatra. Not sure if Multi-Round maps require multiple switches. But picking JQ, swapping after first death, and doing requirements worked for me the first game I attempted it.

I got it second round in competitive and didn't need to switch again. As long as you chose a different hero to start and the Important part is DIE.. then it stops bugging. 

• Like 1

Just responding to say that the "pick a different tank, die and switch" method does not work (for me). It doesn't seem to work for quite a few others who have posted about it online as well.

I've tanked well over 300 damage, including various ults and also Bastion's tank fire, and nothing will unlock it. I've seen a few people who unlocked it by standing in Torbjörn's Molten Core, but I haven't been able to try that because no one has picked Torbjörn in all of the games that I have played.

People on this site have unlocked the trophy as recently as today, so there's some method to do it, but I cannot get anything to work.

Edit 13 Hours Later: Did not play any more since making this post. Opened the game an hour ago to complete the Daily Challenges. Did exactly the same as before (picked Reinhardt first, died, then switched to Ramattra), except this time I tried one other thing that I'd seen someone mention elsewhere. Before switching from Reinhardt, I waited until I'd charged an ult and used it. Died right after, then switched to Ramattra.

Most of my team died in a fight, but our Mercy was still alive and healing me, so I went into Nemesis Form and blocked while four enemy heroes (Ramattra, Hanzo, Brigitte and I think Zenyatta) attacked me. I died right as/after Nemesis Form ended, but the trophy finally popped and I have 142 HP left in the trophy screenshot. The only thing that I did differently in this game than in the past ones where I for sure blocked way more than 300 damage was waiting to charge and use an ult as a different hero (Reinhardt) before switching to Ramattra. If you also can't get the trophy to unlock, try that. You'll probably need to do it on a Payload/Robot map so you have enough time. My game was on Junkertown as defenders.

Edited by ShadowMMA
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 0:22 AM, Mog said:

Is it possible to unlock trophies in the No Limits Arcade mode? BP Heroes are playable there by default even if you don't own them.

Historically it has not worked and most all trophies specify Quick Play or Competitive Play, but would love to hear if anyone has had luck with this.

• 4 weeks later...

I unlocked him yesterday or today...

So trophies are quite easy. I also struggled with the "Incomparable Pain", but got all his trophies on PS5 and PS4.

A few notes out of my experience:

PS5:

- Quick play with open queue

- Junkertown

- Picked Ham first (killed a few people) and switched to Ramattra

- In nemesis form one bastion blasted the whole time of the nemesis on me (of course I blocked (X-key?!)). 1 or 2 seconds left the trophy popped.

PS4:

- Quick play with open queue

- Midtown

- Picked Orisa first (killed a few people), died and switched to Ramattra

- Luckly a torb was on the other team and I switched to nemesis form and moved in his ult (of course I blocked (X-key?!)). Also took a few seconds.

Summary:

I guess you will need to get at least 300 (or 1000, which will be reduced by your block?) damage by ONE opponent. If you switch to nemesis your hp will get additional 200 shield.

Maybe this helps someone.

• 2 months later...