[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

19 minutes ago, Keen_Chriss said:

That link will not show your games to other people - it just brings up the template.

If you want to use it, you'll need to use the "save image" box, then upload that image to a hosting site (imager / postimage etc.) and link it in your post!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrBloodmoney said:

That link will not show your games to other people - it just brings up the template.

If you want to use it, you'll need to use the "save image" box, then upload that image to a hosting site (imager / postimage etc.) and link it in your post!

Had so much trouble on mobile, i was steaming!

Had no other choice but to come to my PC and update the post. Thanks for trying to help, figured it out at the end but man was it a chore. Never posted pictures before so had to do trial and error.

• Like 2

Howdy all!

While I am still on the fence about what to do with my White selection of Goat Simulator I have gone and got a game for my Light Blye section done, while there is some pink on the image it was the Light Blue background that drew me in the most for this event.

L9f2a7e.png

P.S Don't ask me why they decided to use the save data image as the trophy list on PS4 while the VITA got an proper image.

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 4

Since I decided to do some random cleanup while waiting for Persona 3 and now I got into the mood of DB Xenoverse, I kind of decided to get done with it for good (still quite far on the Supers grind), and now I'm not really sure on what I should use it.. so, a little question:

At my eyes DB Xenoverse is mainly Goldish, closer to Orange, but not really Orange, Yellow or Tan..

Lbbe3f4.png

Ideally I would use it for Yellow, since I kind of plan DB Z Kakarot for Orange, but still unsure what's really the main colour in it..

2 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Since I decided to do some random cleanup while waiting for Persona 3 and now I got into the mood of DB Xenoverse, I kind of decided to get done with it for good (still quite far on the Supers grind), and now I'm not really sure on what I should use it.. so, a little question:

At my eyes DB Xenoverse is mainly Goldish, closer to Orange, but not really Orange, Yellow or Tan..

Lbbe3f4.png

Ideally I would use it for Yellow, since I kind of plan DB Z Kakarot for Orange, but still unsure what's really the main colour in it..

I vote yellow or orange.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

Lbbe3f4.png

I'd say orange is the clearest - but there is enough yellow there to be acceptable as that ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Nice one so far - I'd swap Shady Part of Me over to Black though, as for Black and white only images, the background is always the deciding factor - there's a lot more black on that one, and once the rainbow is complete, it'll look much better in that spot!

Alright. I'll change it. ?

• Like 1

Looks like everyone is hard at work! I wanted to form the rainbow with as many games from my backlog as possible and free much contemplation and some very valuable friendly input, I've successfully filled up most spaces by now. In case that anyone here curiously fancies a potential dash of inspiration, here are my tentative plans

And really, at this quite early stage, they’re tentative plans only. 

White: Light Fairytale: Episode 2
Yellow: OreShika 2 (VITA-only)
Tan: hoping for the yet unreleased Indonesian indie game A Space for the Unbound 
Orange: Concrete Genie 
Red: Russian Subway Dogs (VITA-only) but I considered Tokyo Xanadu too
Maroon: Inscryption 
Purple: In Sound Mind (PS5-only)
Deep Purple: I Was A Teenage Exocolonist 
Blue: Endling/Endling: Extinction is Forever 
Green: FF7R
Light Green: Doraemon Story of Seasons but I might check out Bugsnax 
Brown: Ys Origin 
Grey: AI: The Somnium Files - nirvanA Initiative
Black: FFXV

Spoiler

N5Wb9sU.jpg

• Like 2

colorp8.pngtrade8.png

(I find the right picture's text hilariously ironic. xD)

1. Light Green: Queen's Quest 2 (DONE)
  2. Purple: Queen's Quest 3 (DONE)
  3. Green: Queen's Quest 4 (DONE)
  4. Brown: Warlock's Tower (DONE)
  5. Light Blue: Storm Boy (DONE)
  6. Deep Purple: Teslagrad (DONE)
  7. Grey: TOEM (Done)
  8. Red: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga [PS4 version] (DONE)

I had to redo my list since I couldn't find my last update, so here it is. Also, my dreams will have the Mos Eisly Cantina music as background music for the rest of my frankin' life. ? Also, with another platinum, another shiny Pokemon is banished for... another red Pokemon in Charmander. xD

Seriously, do not play LEGO The Skywalker Saga unless you had watched some of the original movies and want to experience the other movies without paying for Netflix. I watched the original trilogy in my teens when it first came out and never watched the other six movies. I had played a little of LEGO The Force Awakens on an old account but discarded it after seeing it had DLC trophies. This title helped me get up to speed on what happened before and after the original movies. I'm sure a lot of people hate the other six movies but I didn't feel like they were that bad. Then again I didn't actually see the movies. This title cauterized the really bad parts of the whole thing. :P

But seriously, this is the largest and most grindy LEGO game ever. And I have platinumed both LEGO Harry Potter titles which need to be together to top the amount of levels you have to deal with, but at least there was no voice acting. Still, I'm impressed by the voice acting here. I think the problem was that the PS4 version is living in the same boat as Pokemon Scarlet and Violet(and Violet crashed on me during one boss battle so there goes its deathless track record!) - tons of lag and frame rate issues, especially in heavily populated areas like Coruscant, risk of crashing and even a couple of clip issues. Also, some of the level challenges were painful and annoying. The Jango Fett chase through the asteroid field has one which requires you not to get by a certain attack and one Last Jedi level requires you to avoid getting spotted and take out a bunch of soldiers and the guide I was using was stupid.

Still, it's a good title and the way they used various roles for characters was pretty clever, although the Dark Side characters felt no different than the Jedi.

With that, my colorful list is 50% done before the end of the first month... the remaining 50% is going to be taken slowly and take up the rest of the year as they are ALL JRPGS with 100 hour completion times. :P

• Like 3

Damn, I just Platinumed a game but I already have a Green game

On 16/01/2023 at 10:08 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

and this:

L511a8e.png

is really only good for Light Green, as the foreground text is pretty minimal, and saying "white" is a bit of a stretch!

...So I got a Light Green in the form of Hoa (PS4) It's game number 5 for me and bought as part of the sale that's just gone.

Is it a good game? My opinions are strangely similar to Teacup which was my green game. It's a very pretty game, and I mean movie quality pretty, if beauty is enough of a reason to get a game, this is an easy recommendation. But when it comes to story, this game comes up short; Hoa is only about two hours long and the dialogue is very minimal, basically just consisting telling you how to use a new move or to go to the next area, the only piece of tangible story is the final cutscene. The gameplay itself is fine, it's a puzzle platformer, it works fine, but isn't interesting until the final chapter and never challenging.

• Like 1

dcQBV3l.png

Knocked off another color with Afterparty for Purple! Originally I was thinking this would be my pink, but the second I had the image in the box it was clear it's waaaay more purple than pink. Back to the drawing board on that one! And with a few of the categories actually. But hey, at least there's plenty of time to figure it out! 

Spoiler

White: 

Yellow: Yaga: Roots of Evil

Tan: Twelve Minutes

Orange: Stray

Red: Feudal Alloy

Pink: Paper Beasts

Maroon: Pyre

Purple: Afterparty

Deep Purple: Doctor Who: The Edge of Time

Blue: 

Light Blue: Spiritfarer

Green:

Light Green: 

Brown: Assassin's Creed Valhalla

Grey: Chicken Police

Black: 

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 3

Just now, DatZoolander said:

Lastest entry: The Last Campfire.  Really nice game and glad it was so highly recommended to me as a great puzzle game with an interesting story.

J1WU4ecl.jpg

Nice work!

Cat Quest should probably be for Light Blue though,  with Last Campfire in Black, as there's much more of those colours on them...