[EVENT] PSNP Kaleidoscope Challenge! 2023 [ENDED]

37 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Pink down! Finished inFamous: First Light for my second game, which was surprisingly enjoyable since I disliked Second Son. Even the arena mode was really fun, which surprised me even more since I'm usually not one for that type of game. The main story was cool, the combat's fun, and the light dash ability is unlimited from the beginning which was a huge QOL improvement in my opinion. Overall a short, fun game which I definitely recommend to anyone who hasn't played it.

Also I'd kind of like a second opinion about the color choice, although I'm not sure what else it would count as.

I also have inFamous: First Light in pink though I feel opposite to you. I really liked the first 2 and didn't mind second son though it was weaker but I really didn't like this one. Just felt the story was barely there and was mainly arena challenges 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, James Tiger said:

My update before end of January, I am not sure abot TAN and DEEP PURPLE, I will remove it if not qualify.

I got the platinum for What Remains of Edith Finch this month, and I felt it wasn't really appropriate for any of the colours. I thought perhaps white at first, but it's clearly cream. So I haven't used it. Up to you of course. 

Astro's Playroom is blue, and you have a space left there, so that should fit quite well! 

Not to be the colour police, but Ghost of Tsushima feels a bit borderline for black. I'd say grey is the dominant colour, but I see you already have something for grey. Again, entirely up to you. It's your list :). That said, there's a ton of games with black backgrounds, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding something that fits there. 

• Like 1

PS5 - Forspoken 

Ok, got my 7th game for challenge complete, am struggling with the colour allocation though. Wanted to use the gold colouring to squeeze it in under yellow, but realise that may be stretching it. Other colours I’ve already used are below. Any acceptable colours I can use this for you think?

Green - Need for Speed Unbound

Pink - Chicory: A Colourful Tale

White - Cricket 22

Tan - Weird West

Black - Dark Souls: Remastered

Grey - PGA Tour 2k23

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

PS5 - Forspoken 

Ok, got my 7th game for challenge complete, am struggling with the colour allocation though. Wanted to use the gold colouring to squeeze it in under yellow, but realise that may be stretching it. Other colours I’ve already used are below. Any acceptable colours I can use this for you think?

Green - Need for Speed Unbound

Pink - Chicory: A Colourful Tale

White - Cricket 22

Tan - Weird West

Black - Dark Souls: Remastered

Grey - PGA Tour 2k23

The background looks mostly purple, so possible for that? It's probably a bit borderline for most categories though. 

People are really churning through games. I've not managed to fit anything on this challenge yet. All of the games I've completed are really borderline colours-wise, but with another 11 months to go, I'm not really sweating it. 

I’ll definitely take purple if that would pass the submission requirements. Hopefully others will agree with that suggestion. Thanks,

4 minutes ago, Finch_III said:

The background looks mostly purple, so possible for that? It's probably a bit borderline for most categories though. 

People are really churning through games. I've not managed to fit anything on this challenge yet. All of the games I've completed are really borderline colours-wise, but with another 11 months to go, I'm not really sweating it. 

:)

yeah, we got a long way to go yet so you got plenty of time to fill your list out. And yeah, there are a few out there that could quite correctly be put in two or three different categories as they have colours in equal measure....I just need to play a few more of them lol

5 minutes ago, PotrikBerger said:

I’ll definitely take purple if that would pass the submission requirements. Hopefully others will agree with that suggestion. Thanks,

:)

yeah, we got a long way to go yet so you got plenty of time to fill your list out. And yeah, there are a few out there that could quite correctly be put in two or three different categories as they have colours in equal measure....I just need to play a few more of them lol

Oh, just to clarify, I mean deep purple rather than regular purple. I think it's purple anyway, rather than royal blue haha! 

20 hours ago, RaxxisOmega said:

I have a few entries so just checking that they'll pass muster.

MLWqZO9.png

any feedback will help :D

Hiya! You asked for feedback so I apologize if I'm overstepping, and, obviously @DrBloodmoney is the final authority deciding on whether a color is acceptable. But, if I'm being perfectly honest with you, I would consider the following if this were my board:

Death end re;Quest has a lot of blending and muted colors in the image, and that makes it really hard to pick out a dominant color. If I was asked what I see when I first look at the image, I'd say Grey because that's how all the blending reads to me. But, like I said, this image is a more difficult one.

I'd also consider moving Brotherhood United to Blue, rather than light blue.

This is all my opinion though!

Edited by InfinateEternity
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

Hiya! You asked for feedback so I apologize if I'm overstepping, and, obviously @DrBloodmoney is the final authority deciding on whether a color is acceptable. But, if I'm being perfectly honest with you, I would consider the following if this were my board:

Death end re;Quest has a lot of blending and muted colors in the image, and that makes it really hard to pick out a dominant color. If I was asked what I see when I first look at the image, I'd say Grey because that's how all the blending reads to me. But, like I said, this image is a more difficult one.

I'd also consider moving Brotherhood United to Blue, rather than light blue.

This is all my opinion though!

That makes sense, I figured Death End would work in Red because of all the grey around it, your eyes (Or at least, mine) are drawn to the red but seeing as I don't have a grey yet, I'll just move it along :)

My brain forgot the dominant colour rule when I was inputting the games into that handy website. :facepalm: I'll fix that up as well when I get home, my workplace was quick to put that site on the ban list :( 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PotrikBerger said:

PS5 - Forspoken 

I'd say Brown would work for Forspoken more than Purple - Black or Brown would probably be the most dominant ones

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I'd say Brown would work for Forspoken more than Purple - Black or Brown would probably be the most dominant ones

Well, that's me 0/4 on suggesting dominant colours. That makes me worry about my own choices for the challenge hahaha. 

• Like 1

Just now, the1andonly654 said:

Apologies if this was already asked - do partially auto popped plats count? As in, I'm gonna replay PS5 version of RE2 sometime soon and after going trough the scenarios, S rank etc I'll use my PS4 save to auto pop trophies like collectibles. Will that count? I didn't see anything regarding auto pops in the rules. 

Yeah, no rule against that ?